It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists believe cannabis could help prevent and treat coronavirus

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

The real dangers of mj is eating a whole box of cheeze its, but that's about it. Mj is addicting just as much as eating a bowl of cereal every morning, it can be mentally addicting however even sugar is much more addicting and it's way more dangerous.

I would much rather self medicate with weed than with alcohol or hard drugs or even over the counter meds. I smoke it everyday after work to help me relax and fall asleep easier. And right before the occasional buffet

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I have my own rules for self-medication but it would make this post long and boring and completely beside the point.

I've been a rock musician, made records and lived that whole life. I've been a telecom engineer and I helped build the backbone for a nationwide high speed network (now obsolete but still in use). I've been a journalist and an editor and still believe in core values of the SPJ. I've raised two beautiful, functioning adults.

I'm 51 and I don't worry about the stock market, shelter, food or entertainment. I am fortunate and blessed and I have never worked or drove high or drunk.

People who do earn what they get.

Other people like me and what they do to take the edge off this moronothon are none of my business. That's the key to success: less is more.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wafflecoptor

The real dangers of mj is eating a whole box of cheeze its, but that's about it. Mj is addicting just as much as eating a bowl of cereal every morning, it can be mentally addicting however even sugar is much more addicting and it's way more dangerous.

I would much rather self medicate with weed than with alcohol or hard drugs or even over the counter meds. I smoke it everyday after work to help me relax and fall asleep easier. And right before the occasional buffet

Fine, just smoke it all away..

Comparing it to cereal? You can not be serious man, i (SNIP) dare you to stop for a month.

(Ps, i know, when you read the word "month", you pooped your pants a little.)

Sometimes it sickens me when i see pothead parents, they are not 100% there even if the kid needs them to be.
Also have seen many relationships destroyed by this, so many things neglected.
edit on 25-5-2020 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

I have my own rules for self-medication but it would make this post long and boring and completely beside the point.

I've been a rock musician, made records and lived that whole life. I've been a telecom engineer and I helped build the backbone for a nationwide high speed network (now obsolete but still in use). I've been a journalist and an editor and still believe in core values of the SPJ. I've raised two beautiful, functioning adults.

I'm 51 and I don't worry about the stock market, shelter, food or entertainment. I am fortunate and blessed and I have never worked or drove high or drunk.

People who do earn what they get.

Other people like me and what they do to take the edge off this moronothon are none of my business. That's the key to success: less is more.

Cool, some people do coke and accomplish even more things.
Is it smart?
Should it be lobbied?

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I dunno. It would definitely cripple about 80-percent of the black market.

prospect.org...

Of course lobbyists and police state lovers would hate it. I'm over here trying to figure out why I should care?

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

The black market?

Oh you mean the government CIA contra trafficking yeah that needs to stop.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Maybe I didn't explain it correctly, what I meant was that mj is no more physically addicting than cereal. There are no physical withdrawal symptoms when stopping mj, I have stopped smoking many many times for various reasons, money, job or just not feeling like it anywhere from a few days to a year.

I'm sorry you've had some negative anecdotal experiences related to mj however I have had nothing but positive experiences with it. I, like Ozzy, am a responsible user, never smoking and driving, not smoking before or during work.

Also I do not have kids

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Wafflecoptor

Not physical withdrawal symptoms, but can cause a psychotic episode. Heard it happen from medical professionals, have seen it happen once.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

Fine, just smoke it all away..

Comparing it to cereal? You can not be serious man, i (SNIP) dare you to stop for a month.

(Ps, i know, when you read the word "month", you pooped your pants a little.)

Sometimes it sickens me when i see pothead parents, they are not 100% there even if the kid needs them to be.
Also have seen many relationships destroyed by this, so many things neglected.

Oh give me a break. I've toked off and on since I was 15, I've gone through a quarter a week when I hit it heavy. As a matter of fact, I just DID toke my way through a quarter ounce last week, I'm taking some toke time off to reset my tolerance. It's. Not. Hard. Ask an alcoholic to stay off the booze a month and see what happens. One of us is coming out of it in FAR better shape than than the other, and it's not the alcoholic.

It's not #ng hard to put it down for a month, MOST tokers do this regularly so they don't literally burn through increasingly larger amounts of bud -- it's a time-tested, well-tolerated and much-used method for that. If something is actually addictive like you seem to think, it would not be that simple to accomplish a break.
edit on 5/25/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Not physical withdrawal symptoms, but can cause a psychotic episode. Heard it happen from medical professionals, have seen it happen once.

Yeah, and that's about as common as triggering a heart attack from too much caffeine from regularly drinking a couple cups of stout coffee, too.

You're not helping yourself any here, you're talking to a bunch of people with decades of use experience. Your unstable acquaintance losing it is not the standard, nor common.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Thunderbird ZZ Top
Get high, everybody, get high.
Have you heard? What's the word? It's Thunderbird.

All you kids from Texas, you grow so big and tall.
All of them kids from Texas they grow so big and tall.
All of them like to roam in that T-Bird hall.

Get hi-hi-high.
Really makes you feel so fine,
really goes down so smooth,
really puts you in the groove.
Have you heard?
What's the word?
It's Thunderbird.

Juice, juice, juice
really makes you loose loose, loose,
really goes down so smooth,
really puts you in the groove.
Have you heard?
What's the word?
It's Thunderbird.

Get hi-hi-high,
way up in the sky.
Gonna get, yes sirree,
if ya come and rock with me.
Have you heard?
What's the word?
It's Thunderbird.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

It’s a proven fact that sugar is far more addictive than MJ.

Too much sugar can cause all sorts of physical problems and death.

Too much MJ, results in the munchies — and a lot of out of the box type of thinking.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Yeah, and that's about as common as triggering a heart attack from too much caffeine from regularly drinking a couple cups of stout coffee, too.

You're not helping yourself any here, you're talking to a bunch of people with decades of use experience. Your unstable acquaintance losing it is not the standard, nor common.

Haha, i think i am psychic because i predicted your robotic response when you spoke about my unstable acquaintance, no just kidding, i knew you were programmed to think that a healthy normal human being with no pre-existing conditions can not have an episode from smoking large amounts for extended periods of time. Must be something wrong with them right?

And let me tell something for your subconscious mind, There was nothing wrong with these people other than they had a great deal of sorrow, sadness and hurt, like most of us, and they were trying to medicate that pain, resulting in drug abuse ending with a massive (SNIP)storm.

And this is for your conscious mind-
Look, Martha Stewart is smoking weed on the youtube.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

MJ makes you think like a box,

Teonacacatl makes you think outside of the box.

Notice what you said just there, "far more addictive",

So its addictive right?
Are you an addict?

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

So what's your agenda here? Who are you trying to convince mj is an addictive and harmful drug? It's not the 1960s, there are now countless studies that prove mj is an amazing plant with many healing properties and if consumed properly less dangerous than milk.

The reefer madness era is long gone yet there are still people like you who cling to the idea that mj is a big bad drug.

Do you think the same about alcohol? How about pharmaceuticals? Over the counter drugs?

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

So what's your agenda here? Who are you trying to convince mj is an addictive and harmful drug? It's not the 1960s, there are now countless studies that prove mj is an amazing plant with many healing properties and if consumed properly less dangerous than milk.

The reefer madness era is long gone yet there are still people like you who cling to the idea that mj is a big bad drug.

Do you think the same about alcohol? How about pharmaceuticals? Over the counter drugs?

Just here to set (SNIP) straight, i know, its 2020 and now we know that constant use of these potent modern strains can and will destroy your reward circuity among other things in the wetware.

I am not pro or against, just hate bs propaganda.

No rose tinted glasses mate.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

You're correct, with overuse there are consequences, as with anything, if you smoke all day everyday for years you most definitely will have unwanted side affects.

However this thread was created on actual studies being done that are proving mj can help greatly in the fight against Covid19, definitely not propaganda.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

You're correct, with overuse there are consequences, as with anything, if you smoke all day everyday for years you most definitely will have unwanted side affects.

However this thread was created on actual studies being done that are proving mj can help greatly in the fight against Covid19, definitely not propaganda.

In the world we live in, we can never know where and what industry is pushing or funding a research,
and it certainly does not help that we are talking about research concerning Covid19.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

a reply to: one4all

Weed is also an impressive tool to make obeying slaves from humans.

A must for every escapist.

I cannot embark onboard on this,
or your spin....

Well, maybe a little.
It does not automatically bring out the best in every one.
Not everyone is a good gatekeeper, so things like LZ and many other
less than savory characters crowd in even before the smoke clears.
We all do things
which are less than optimal, especially when in youth.
I mean, if you enjoy the beatles, then you’d probably like
phenmetrazine, because that’s what you’re actually chasing.
It has a neato opiod ring. WHAT could go wrong?
Never felt so vivacious, alive, and everything is beautiful, so now....
Let’s dig those Cuban rhythms! Beatles forever man.

# 1114

edit on 25-5-2020 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheWhiteKnight

a reply to: one4all

Weed is also an impressive tool to make obeying slaves from humans.

A must for every escapist.

I cannot embark onboard on this,
or your spin....

Well, maybe a little.
It does not automatically bring out the best in every one.

# 1114

Let me end this with a little joke,

Three reasons a pothead has to adjust tolerance.

1. You smoked up all your homegrown.
2.The dealer is dry.
3.You have no more money.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join