It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moving to Kentucky Bigfoot Country

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 24 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
My wife and I have been discussing this for a few years as to where we want to settle. Lo and behold, there was some strange stuff going on in our virtual backyard, a mere 50 miles from were we have lived for 6 years. We live in Louisville, Kentucky and want to move to the country.

You would think places like the pacific northwest would be prime locations, but that place is to far from our families and a little to cold for my aging bones.

Today we took a little road trip to places that would be half way between the two cities I work in, Lexington and Louisville Kentucky. I have always been drawn to the little town, Lawrenceburg Kentucky. As we drove through that little town and the surrounding area, I felt like it was home. Driving through the country side on tiny , winding roads , we almost got hit by a wild turkey and saw a deer popping out of the heavily wooded area. What really made this experience more special was a song popped up on the radio from a radio station I listen to all the time.

I will leave the links below. Think I finally found my home.

kentuckybigfoot.com...

And Lawrenceburg has a festival every year except this year, for bigfoot. LOL !

www.wildmandays.com...

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I'm from Hazard Ky. Welcome to Hillbilly Heaven.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I'm from Hazard Ky. Welcome to Hillbilly Heaven.

That show Hellier got me looking. Love it !

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Congrats, KY has a long history of BF encounters. You can see them yourself at the BFRO site under the geographical index. Enjoy the town. My best,

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: airforce47
Congrats, KY has a long history of BF encounters. You can see them yourself at the BFRO site under the geographical index. Enjoy the town. My best,

Thanks, I will.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Well, we lost the best neighbors we ever had (out of 9, LOL) to the state of KY.
They absolutely love it there. They inherited 80 acres somewhere near Elizabethtown I believe. Hubby has been there.

We actually have a river stone, in the shape of MI, that was found in their creek down there. It's in my flower garden.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

You got the call of the wild. You must go. Find your totem and become one.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

You got the call of the wild. You must go. Find your totem and become one.

It's been a long search. I finally found my true love and we finally found our true place.

I'm originally from South Carolina, she is from southeast Texas.

We meet on here and eventually got married.

Our purpose in life my have been finally realized.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Hope you love it.

Be careful of both natural and man-made entry points into the Earth.

The Mammoth Cave system is ... wierd.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Well, we lost the best neighbors we ever had (out of 9, LOL) to the state of KY.
They absolutely love it there. They inherited 80 acres somewhere near Elizabethtown I believe. Hubby has been there.

We actually have a river stone, in the shape of MI, that was found in their creek down there. It's in my flower garden.

Yes ! E-town is not far from us. We were a little east of there around Bardstown.

You know, when I moved up here 20 years ago because of my ex from Charleston, SC,I hated it. Think I hated the city, but was never out in the country, where I really wanted to be. The love of my life comes along,and I have changed my tune.

But we really love the Brevard area of Tennessee , especially the Davidson River area.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Hope you love it.

Be careful of both natural and man-made entry points into the Earth.

The Mammoth Cave system is ... wierd.

Yes, been to Mammoth cave a few times and hiked around there,no worries here.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   

There is always that Werewolf den right off of I-64 between Louisville and Lexington

kentuckybigfoot.com...

Livestock mauled in viscious attacks in Waddy, Officials baffled by mysterious creature dubbed Waddy Werewolf, residents afraid to go outside.

www.sentinelnews.com...

What mysterious creature is terrorizing Waddy?

kentuckysportsradio.com...

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

There is always that Werewolf den right off of I-64 between Louisville and Lexington

kentuckybigfoot.com...

Livestock mauled in viscious attacks in Waddy, Officials baffled by mysterious creature dubbed Waddy Werewolf, residents afraid to go outside.

www.sentinelnews.com...

What mysterious creature is terrorizing Waddy?

kentuckysportsradio.com...

I may have ran across this. Thanks for sharing. We drove right through there and the landscape, I can see something like that. Not worried, though, we are heavily armed.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Good luck to you.

It looks like a nice area, from pictures on the internet

Also, it looks affordable

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Considering moving that direction from California. I'm only going off of what the internet is telling me at this point. I'm trying to find something affordable in a safe location. I'm a preschool which is why I need affordable. I'm also looking to go to college. I already have an associate's so I'm looking for a university. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I want to know if you encounter bigfoot or anything strange.
Be careful out there.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

My best friend is from Hazard.

Yeah, his mom bought him a Charger in the 70s. Didn't know about the bigfoot tho - there's joke in there somewhere.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: billxam
a reply to: DAVID64

My best friend is from Hazard.

Yeah, his mom bought him a Charger in the 70s. Didn't know about the bigfoot tho - there's joke in there somewhere.

I believe , if that is in reference to Dukes of Hazzard , that is from a fictional county here in Georgia.
But there are a lot of Bigfoot sightings here.

edit on 5/25/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Sounds like you'll not be too distant from Midway. Enjoy the rural scene!

Cheers

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   

A little south ... Salvisa ... east down Freeman Road. If you can afford to cut in a long driveway, you might do better than living right there in Lawrenceburg (paying school taxes a retiree should avoid).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join