It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Up to 60% of the population might have some immunity against COVID-19 .

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on May, 24 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
A study written by researchers in
New York, California and North Carolina . Contends that close to the majority of the population in the US has at least some immunity to Covid 19.

discovered that certain types of cells in blood samples taken from donors in 2015-2018—well before COVID-19 arose—were reactive against the COVID-19 virus. In other words, those blood samples were at least partially immune from the coronavirus even though they had never been exposed to it.

"CD4+ T cell responses were detected in 40-60% of unexposed individuals. This may be reflective of some degree of crossreactive, preexisting immunity to SARS- CoV-2 in some, but not all, individuals," the researchers state in the paper

The biggest advantage I see for this news. Is that it will help lead the way for herd immunity .

That can only occur one way .

“LET US ALL OUT “ except for the most at risk , you bunch of dumbasses
I doubt that we will see that on CNN or MSNBC..

Good news?

Soon to be submitted for peer review at the Cell

edit on 24-5-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Even without the masks ? 😷

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this, S&F. Finally some good news. I hope this turns out to be very much true. It is very encouraging. And I hope the MSM news outlets report it too.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

The Common Flu is a form of coronavirus , Covid-19 is just a Bastardized Version of it and it stands to Reason Some Peoples Immune Systems can Overcome it if Need be ,,,,,,,,

edit on 24-5-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Not much to hang one's hat on. But it's good that a lot of research is being done.

Whether this immunity is relevant in influencing clinical outcomes is unknown—and cannot be known without T cell measurements before and after SARS-CoV-2 infection of individuals—but it is tempting to speculate that the crossreactive CD4+ T cells may be of value in protective immunity, based on SARS mouse models (Zhao et al., 2016). Clear identification of the crossreactive peptides, and their sequence homology relation to other coronaviruses, requires deconvolution of the positive peptide pools, which is not feasible with the cell numbers presently available, and time frame of the present study.

www.cell.com...

We do know that it is highly infectious. And we know that mice are not men.

edit on 5/24/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I don't know...Sweden's studies show different results.

Scientists estimate herd immunity for the coronavirus is reached when 70-90% of the population becomes immune to a virus, either by becoming infected or getting a protective vaccine.

Despite its relaxed response, Sweden is nowhere near to hitting that goal. Tests on 1,118 Stockholm residents carried out by Sweden's Public Health Agency over one week in late April showed that only 7.3% had developed the antibodies needed to stave off the disease.

www.sfgate.com...

Of course that was back in April. But going from 7% to 70%, that's a lot of catching up to do.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

That's measuring different things...

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Yep. Apples and oranges.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

The Common Flu is a form of coronavirus

No it isn't.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Exposed is exposed so mask should have a little if no affect .

But it wouldn’t matter to the politicians anyway especially in the blue states .

Even know they feel their power slipping they still want us locked up like criminals .

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Common sense tells me it’s not a “cure” . But with percentages that high it’s the best steppingstone we’ve seen to a vaccine as to date .

It even mentions its usefulness in the summary .

Understanding adaptive immunity to SARS-CoV-2 is important for vaccine development, interpreting coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pathogenesis, a

I would’ve gone deeper with my thoughts. But I’ve noticed when I make a large researched thread. It’s not very popular .😁

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   

It's neither a cure or a vaccine.

It's talking about the possibility of there being some natural immunity present in a significant part of the population. Unfortunately whether that immunity has any real effect cannot be determined within the scope of the study. It says so right there

it is tempting to speculate that the crossreactive CD4+ T cells may be of value in protective immunity,

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Well I’ll go with history. Herd immunity is pretty much the way mother nature has dealt with viruses throughout history .

Here’s a recent example .

Because the new virus retained the neuraminidase (N) antigen N2, persons who had been exposed to the 1957 virus apparently retained immune protection against the 1968 virus. This would explain the mildness of the 1968 outbreak relative to the pandemic of 1918–19.

British virus

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I think that maybe Norway's experiment is showing that most people are immune to the virus.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It’s also talking about a step to a vaccine. Because of the numbers it looks to be a very big step .

It’s not like they published irrelevant medical news just for #s and giggles .

There was definitely a purpose .

They’ve looked at successful or near successful evidence as a starting point since covid 19 started.

They’ve been going back to medications and lab studies done for SARS and EBOAL.

And as far as I’ve seen none of those medications or antibodies started at near 60% population coverage .

Looking at this it could be as if.

All the heavy lifting has been done .

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

What's Norway doing?

Do you mean Sweden? Things aren't going that great in Sweden.
www.businessinsider.com...
www.ibtimes.com...

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

What's Norway doing?

Do you mean Sweden? Things aren't going that great in Sweden.
www.businessinsider.com...
www.ibtimes.com...

Yeah Sweden. Herd Immunity. They didn't shut down the government. They have like 33,000 cases out of 10 million citizens and they are not masking themselves. They are exposing themselves way more abundantly than the U.S. What has it been a month or two now? That kind of shows that more people are immune to it.

Your links use death rates to confirmed cases. I am talking about confirmed cases to population.
edit on 24-5-2020 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Well I’ll go with history. Herd immunity is pretty much the way mother nature has dealt with viruses throughout history .

Except for TB, Polio, Small Pox, Measles, Ebola, HIV/AIDS...

edit on 24-5-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

That kind of shows that more people are immune to it.
I wonder what would make Sweden so special.

Or maybe it has to do with testing rates.
Sweden's is about half that of the US.
www.statista.com...

Your links use death rates to confirmed cases.
And other things, like antibody tests. But you didn't read it , did you?

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

What's Norway doing?

Watchin out for Russia?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join