It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What impact will the summer heat have on the Caronavirus Pandemic?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
What impact will the summer heat have on the Caronavirus Pandemic?

We have already discussed the impact that heat and humidity will have on the virus; this is what webMD says on that subject.

You may have wondered if the new coronavirus would go away as the summer weather warms and gets more humid. But scientists recently looked at the few small studies on the subject and found there isn’t enough evidence to know if this is true.

webMD

But I'm more interested in understanding what impact the summer will have on the psychological make up of people who are living through a pandemic? ....

And since I could not find much information on the net regarding this subject I thought why not ask the knowledgeable apeople on ATS what they thought.

The best I could find on the subject are articles about all the things people wil be missing out on this summer as they shelter in place and adorn their life saving masks.

The lost summer

Even as some states take steps to open up their economies, huge parts of our lives will stay shuttered well through August and possibly beyond. That will have an enormous impact on families, education and businesses, not to mention our mental health that needs a summer break more than ever. 

So what does the summer bring for us as we suffer through a pandemic?

As temperatures and humidity rise should we also expect that people's patients will also reach a boiling point?

There are stories abound of people hurting or even killing each other over the virus and masks; whats going to happen when you throw in the uncomfortable feelings that accompany a scorching hot day in summer?

And it won't be your normal hot day where you once found refugee at the beach or other water activity. Nope it will be one where you also have to ware a stuffy itchy mask all over most of your face.

I guess we can all just stay home and crank up the AC? But what will that do to a power grid that has been optimized for summer consumption patterns where most people are at work during peak hours and turn down or off their home ACs? Rolling brown outs are a common thing as power companies seek to protect their grid on the hottest days. Whats going to happen when everyone has their personal ACs cranking 24/7?

And what about all those people struggling to make ends meet after their government told them they aren't essential people? Will they have the means to cool themselves as temperatures rise? These people are already understandably angry; the heat is only going to make matters worse.

Is the summer heat going to be the thing that busts this pandemic wide open?

edit on 17-5-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
People seem to get really pissed off and stupid in the summer.

www.bjs.gov...

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Not according to some examples like Singapore, Ecuador, and Louisiana, all of which have recently had growing numbers of Covid-19 cases despite temperatures hitting 80-plus degrees.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Not according to some examples like Singapore, Ecuador, and Louisiana, all of which have recently had growing numbers of Covid-19 cases despite temperatures hitting 80-plus degrees.

Exactly what do those examples prove in relation to the OP topic?

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   

That even if heat, humidity, and light help slow the virus’s spread, sunny, hot, and humid weather alone won’t be enough to end the epidemic i suppose.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   

That even if heat, humidity, and light help slow the virus’s spread, sunny, hot, and humid weather alone won’t be enough to end the epidemic i suppose.

I think you may have miss read the op.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Mate, I'm just answering the question your possed at the start of the op.

"What impact will the summer heat have on the Coronavirus Pandemic?".

Not enough to stop the spread of the pandemic.

How have i miss read anything?
edit on 17-5-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   

A lot of people suffer from depression during the winter months, mainly due to the fact that they are stuck inside and aren't getting enough direct sunlight as well as being isolated. That usually changes for a lot of people once they can start getting outside and around other people in the warmer months.

As long as things keep loosening up and people can get out and fraternize I think it will get better, however if virus numbers spike to the point that governors start shutting everything down again it's going to get really, really ugly. If that happens I think we're going to see a lot of rebellion in action.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Mate, I'm just answering the question your possed at the start of the op.

"What impact will the summer heat have on the Coronavirus Pandemic?".

Not enough to stop the spread of the pandemic.

How have i miss read anything?

Yes you seem to have missed the entire OP; the topic has no relationship to the spread of the pandemic.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I predict that all hell breaks loose in parts of the country like LA County. By mid July that place will make the Rodney King riots look like a child's Birthday party.

They are going to be burning politicians houses down, bombing police cars, looting businesses, and setting everything they can find ablaze.

The place is going to look like Syria. The politicians better loosen the noose out there before they find themselves hanging from the bad end of it.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

people in my area (tri-state) new york are out enjoying the spring. They went out again as soon as the weather got nice again dispite social distancing orders. The people I have spoken to all say the same thing; that they are glad it looks like things are winding down. And they don't express that sentiment with a cheerful smile; but as if they are carrying a heavy weight.

I think you are correct that if social distancing orders become more stringent over the next few months and not less a lot of people are going to join some kind of rebellion.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Don't see how but ok.

Heat won't stop the spread of the pandemic, that's the salient point, depressed or otherwise.

Do you imagine hot weather will have a significant impact or retard the spread of the disease?

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

I don't think so.

But I think there is a certain element that will encourage such activity. No matter the particular circumstances.

edit on 5/17/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Maybe I am wrong, but I think he meant once people are sticky hot, hungry, out of work, and broke.. what do you think will happen given that historically that combination of things turns into a # show.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I don't think so.

But I think there is a certain element that will encourage such activity. No matter the particular circumstances.

Let's pray that you are right.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Just pay attention to the "experts" who have a respectable track record with Covid-19 predictions. There aren't many at this point.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Well if we choose to all open up again too soon, fire out and about all willy-nilly celebrating summer and manage to unleash another second, possibly more potent wave of the disease, like the second iteration of the Spanish Flu, i think more than lightly our respective medical health care establishments will fail and a lot of sick, hungry, hot, depressed and possibly borderline psychopathic people may die.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I think we are way past opening to soon. You can't put half of the businesses out of business and then print endless unemployment checks with a fraction of the tax revenue you used to bring in before you burnt the economy to the ground.

I am off the mind more people will die from the damage to the economy than will die from Covid-19 or at a minimum they will create an existence where we wished we were already dead.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Anything that was talked about by so called experts early on, that would help it go away or lessen it, will be down played as not really true now, to keep the lock down lengthened.

This is the pattern so far that I see.

Everything spoken about as possible remedies or tools to alleviate, have been recently refuted or debunked. End results are keeping or lengthening the lock down.

Some governors don't care either way, they will keep extending it anyways.

This is a blatant pattern not only I see, but everyone I know says the same thing.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Just hope the power doesn't go out and people get hot for long periods of time. When they get hot, they get agitated. More violence, plus I suspect an increase in violent crime this summer due to unemployment and increased opportunity.

As for infections, most people will be infected in air conditioned, recirculated air offices, stores, and similar climate controlled buildings.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join