It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is their a Pandemic, or is their just a massive Vitamin D deficiency

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
As this Vid says the evidence is getting very compelling, Vitamin D is essential to fight off infections, if your low your going to suffer a raft of hard to pin down illness that big pharma will make a fortune trying to treat. Including Covid 19, the Darker your skin the less Vit.D you produce which is showing up in the statistics everywhere. The elderly in the rest homes, who get little natural sunlight are showing up in the stats as high risk as well. Well worth a look, as a Harvard Professor is saying that D targets the virus .Australia and New Zealand have just come out of a long hot summer where shorts and swimming trunks are the norm, three days in a row New Zealand has had no reported cases. Compared with the cloudy cold UK , I don't think peoples behavior patterns are any different in these two countries, but they have a vastly different infection rate.

edit on 14-5-2020 by anonentity because: spelling

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Interesting thoughts there. I agree that there are probably many people who are Vitamin D deficient. The thing that breaks my heart about this, is it is so easy to get enough Vitamin D just by taking a multi vitamin or a Vitamin D supplement. They are not that expensive. My multi vitamin has 250% of the recommended RDA of Vitamin D, and I take it every day.

But then again, in parts of the world, people are very poor, and what we first world countries think of as cheap would be out of reach for those people.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Or you could just go out side and get a little sun which is the oxymoron in the lock down Sun and interrelation are essentials for humans

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
It could also be a hormonal issue.

Testosterone levels in both men and women play a role in how they respond to it. Low T is bad for men while high testosterone is bad for women.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
One big probllem is doctors do not test right for Vit d levels.

They use a test for .25 vit D (Calcifediol).

This test is useless for some people.

They should be testing for 1.25 vit D (Calcitriol) the metabolically active form of vitamin D.

I have Sarcoidsis and can have very low levels of .25 vit D and have very high levels of 1.25 vit D.

www.endocrine-abstracts.org...

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Good find and good info -- thank you!

In overwhelming support with your video, other independent research/reviews have come to the same conclusions; this is from Trinity College Dublin:

Vitamin D determines severity in COVID-19 so government advice needs to change

The authors propose that, whereas optimising vitamin D levels will certainly benefit bone and muscle health, the data suggests that it is also likely to reduce serious COVID-19 complications. This may be because vitamin D is important in regulation and suppression of the inflammatory cytokine response, which causes the severe consequences of COVID-19 and 'acute respiratory distress syndrome' associated with ventilation and death.

Professor Rose Anne Kenny said, "In England, Scotland and Wales, public health bodies have revised recommendations since the COVID-19 outbreak. Recommendations now state that all adults should take at least 400 IU vitamin D daily. Whereas there are currently no results from randomised controlled trials to conclusively prove that vitamin D beneficially affects COVID-19 outcomes, there is strong circumstantial evidence of associations between vitamin D and the severity of COVID-19 responses, including death."

"This study further confirms this association. We call on the Irish government to update guidelines as a matter of urgency and encourage all adults to take supplements during the COVID-19 crisis. Deficiency is frequent in Ireland. Deficiency is most prevalent with age, obesity, in men, in ethnic minorities, in people with diabetes, hypertension and in nursing homes."

This study -- Evidence that Vitamin D Supplementation Could Reduce Risk of Influenza and COVID-19 Infections and Deaths. -- recommends 10,000 IUs per day.

The East Virginia Medical School has revised their treatment protocol for CoVid to include 1,000-4,000 IUs per day for preventative purposes:

Prophylaxis
While there is very limited data (and none specific for COVID-19), the following “cocktail” may have a role in the prevention/mitigation of COVID-19 disease. While there is no high-level evidence that this cocktail is effective; it is cheap, safe and widely available.
•Vitamin C 500 mg BID and Quercetin 250-500 mg BID [1 -5]
•Zinc 75-100 mg/day (acetate, gluconate or picolinate). Zinc lozenges are preferred. After 1 month, reduce the dose to 30-50 mg/day. [1,6-9]
•Melatonin (slow release): Begin with 0.3mg and increase as tolerated to 2 mg at night [10-13]
•Vitamin D3 1000-4000 u/day [14-20]
•Optional: Famotidine 20-40mg/day [21]

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
It could also be a hormonal issue.

Testosterone levels in both men and women play a role in how they respond to it. Low T is bad for men while high testosterone is bad for women.

Interesting... Vitamin D3 deficiencies have been associated with hormonal issues. This could likewise be related, or at least compounding each other I would think.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   
For a general idea of costs for Vitamin D3 in oil (D3 is fat-soluble, so it needs to be taken in or with oil), Vitacost's brand is about $10 for a 365 count bottle of 5,000 IU mini softgels and about $4 for 100 count.

Swanson's brand is about $10 for 200 count 5,000 IU softgels.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Here is a study with regards to China, it seems they have a really bad problem with Vitamin D deficiency, which might also be something to do with the poor air quality absorbing the suns rays, which seems to suggest industrialized areas have a bad infection rate. Its a limited study but those with a bit of insight can fathom the implications.www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

For some who are Not Health Conscious , Yes . The Weak Die Out and the Strong Survive ...C'est la Vie

tv.infowars.com...
edit on 14-5-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

How does that work out when Nature favors the most intelligent?

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Not discounting the role the sun plays however NZ and Aus have very different weather.

Definitely would be a factor but I think the lack of land borders and the much lower population density have more of an impact.

I guess we find out in winter.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   

It does not because that statement is Incorrect .

Nature Favors the Lucky............It Plays No Favorites ..........)

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I sit inside all day, have never taken vitamin d supplements. Nothing has changed for me since Covid in my behaviours and I'm still sitting inside symptom free...

There are lots of others that do too and are ok

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I've been taking vit d3 for years. Some doctors claim everyone in the northern hemisphere should take Vit d. Interesting that they want everyone to stay inside. Stay inside = lower your immune system- less vit d. Wear a mask = lower your immune system. Subject yourself to wireless technologies like 4g 5g etc. = lower your immune system. Wash your hands frequently and use sanitizers constantly = lower your immune system. Take lots of prescription drugs = lower your immune system. Stay isolated = lower your immune system. I think I see a trend here.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TamtammyMacx

Yup... Ive actually had people say I shouldn't let my sun play outside right now cause he might catch something..

I encourage (Unless its a high UV day cause he is as pale as his momma with dark red curly hair.) him to be outside, play in the dirt jump in the mud puddles and be a little boy.

Might cause some bumps in the road now but I believe he will be a stronger healthier young man if we help him now.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Im sure thats all just.. uh.. coincidence!

To be clear though, its not limited to 4g/5g. EMFs in general can stimulate and/or suppress immune systems detrimentally, with some ranges having more impact than others. This could result in everything from higher prevalence of allergies in the population to greater risk of opportunistic infections.

Many are still pretty dismissive about vitamins & minerals too. The research on something like Vit D with regards to respiratory illnesses is pretty extensive though.

For now, all this information, data, and research is pretty readily accessible. Ive seen a lot more awareness and exploration of the topic too. This time last year, I was rather dismissive of a lot of it myself. Its been a helluva learning experience.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
Or you could just go out side and get a little sun which is the oxymoron in the lock down Sun and interrelation are essentials for humans

The problem is 'a little sun' won't do it. You need at least 2-4 hours of noon-day full sunlight on at least 50% of your body to get enough D.

Supplementation for almost everyone is necessary, and some need a lot more than others.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
I sit inside all day, have never taken vitamin d supplements. Nothing has changed for me since Covid in my behaviours and I'm still sitting inside symptom free...

So apparently you haven't been exposed to anything, and maybe have a super strong immune system through genetics. That doesn't invalidate all of the research proving the need for, safety and efficacy of Vit D3 supplementation.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
I encourage (Unless its a high UV day cause he is as pale as his momma with dark red curly hair.) him to be outside, play in the dirt jump in the mud puddles and be a little boy.

Might cause some bumps in the road now but I believe he will be a stronger healthier young man if we help him now.

It isn't about belief... this is precisely how children's immune systems are intended to develop.

This is why my daughter was fine, never got sick, until she started school - then for the first year or so she was sick off and on all the time, everything from constant sniffles, to fevers, coughs, hand foot and mouth, and kinds of other nasties.

But things sortof just stopped after the first year, and now she never gets sick. And she has never been (and never will be as long as she's under my care) vaccinated. Oh, and she's never had an ear infection or sinus infection. I think the reason many/most kids have those all the time (at least, every parent I've ever talked to that immunizes) are related to vaccinations depressing immunity for all kinds of things in their attempt to create a fake immunity for one thing (whatever the vaccine is for).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join