It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin is going through the worst social experiment ever

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Nothing about this was done with any forethought or planning.

At times like these, I really feel like God actually is watching out for us. I didn't want to be made contract WFH only because I risk losing out, but at least it's work and I will be home to cover if all our camps cancel out.

"You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need ..."

But most aren't nearly as fortunate. This is creating messes everywhere.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
State is the new total trainwreck of the US. It use to be PA but they have passed the torch. Two completely lost souls of a state. No leadership, no voices of reason and no gene pool to snap out of it. And nobody ever wants to leave. They vote for trash, get treated like trash, and keep voting to keep getting treated like trash. I do believe the US keeps dumping non English speaking people on them using chain migrations so I do have empathy for them but this state is a deformed baby doll pulled out of a trailerpark fire.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
State is the new total trainwreck of the US. It use to be PA but they have passed the torch. Two completely lost souls of a state. No leadership, no voices of reason and no gene pool to snap out of it. And nobody ever wants to leave. They vote for trash, get treated like trash, and keep voting to keep getting treated like trash. I do believe the US keeps dumping non English speaking people on them using chain migrations so I do have empathy for them but this state is a deformed baby doll pulled out of a trailerpark fire.

It is a direct result of a divided house. I fear we are a small sampling of what America has become. Two sibling forever at war, ready to burn the house over differences, neither side willing to work out differences for the sake of the home. Sad really

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: xuenchen
Stay-at-Home == Go-Bankrupt 😎🚬

I think many businesses are going to go bankrupt, opened or closed.

Many people will still not go out. I bring that up not to say that is is right or wrong.
I bring that up to show that many people do not trust what they are being told, many people do not
trust the government, local or nationally.

That is the problem.

Many businesses will not make it, restaurants have rush hours during the days and are almost barren other times. They make their money in four to five hours of the day that they are open, the rest of the day they are either breaking even or losing money. It is the same way with construction work, you have five good months to make enough to survive the year around here. There are two more months, but usually in those months you do not make a whole lot of money.

I can see a real lot of businesses here going out of business. It is already too late here to recover. Not enough people will be going to the businesses, they won't make it. The Airlines will have to raise fares double to be able to make it after the government money supporting them temporarily goes down, half of them will go bankrupt.

This is a great Depression, and it isn't going to be pretty.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Forever? Nah. No matter who is right, one side is either gonna be all dead or the other one is going to be all broke. Stuff will sort out soon enough.

This is a great Depression, and it isn't going to be pretty.

Yep, and somehow, our fearless leaders have enabled a system where healthcare is literally half the GDP. What a mess.
edit on 13-5-2020 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I agree it’s too late, this is going to be felt for years. When I see some small businesses not wanting to open, that shows you that people are not confident with what is happening. I think airlines will return to 1970/80s. It will be mostly for the wealthy and select business people.

I also read nursing homes are trying to get things passed to protect them from Covid lawsuits. It’s going to get ugly.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I've live in many states in the US. CA was a mess for decades. It just finally got to this point but there were pockets of it growing for a long time. I recall damn near 1/4 of counties that did not speak a word of English and this was decades ago. Now there are entire counties of it.

PA is another real winner. Unions run with the purest form of nepotism. Never seen anything like it. The DL office employees were either cousins or half cousins. Same for the state control liquor stores and every other state agency. Total nightmare.

Wisconsin is a dumping ground for immigrants and chain migration. I met some of these rock stars. The ultimate bizzaros of anti-Americans living in American who are also legal US citizens. WTF. Why did they even want to live in the US. Who would want to live in a country that hates it with all their heart.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Forever? Nah. No matter who is right, one side is either gonna be all dead or the other one is going to be all broke. Stuff will sort out soon enough.

I say 5 years minimum before we see any kind of normalcy. The good news is that we will be better prepared for the next pandemic should we have on in our lifetime.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

You can bet your ass the Russian bot you replied to is living large

You damn right, Comrade!

link   
All I'm hearing is fear, fear, and more fear. If you're afraid that's on you.

Jeez. Please for the love of whatever stop trying to spread YOUR fear on people who enjoy life.

link   

Your optimism is adorable! There is no possible way the current crop of 'tards in congress will get their acct together long enough to create enforceable legislation to "be better prepared next time."

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

I say 5 years minimum before we see any kind of normalcy. The good news is that we will be better prepared for the next pandemic should we have on in our lifetime.

I wouldn't actually bet on that.

Do we ever learn from these things? Someone will look at the statistics and realize these things only happen once every hundred to hundred and fifty years and kick the can.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

That tells me a lot concerning your responses to this. I hope you get to see him soon, I really do.

I try to remember there are people out there struggling financially. In order to keep a roof over there heads and food on the table, they need the economy to start doing its thing again (very soon) so they can make that happen. Many are concerned over the virus but they are also concerned about staying afloat too. Double whammy.

At this point, I'm not sure which hurts people more. An illness which threatens life or a life which is no life at all.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

We definitely need a working system. I don't know about "going back" to the one where bankers couldn't go a week without crying for a bailout.

Of course, there aren't enough real citizens left to actually hold that system accountable. I'm pretty sure we are short, mid and long-term boned.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
why mention contagiousness?

its simple, if you are scared, you stay home. thats your right.

if you want to venture forth, live life, and ignore proppaganda, you go out.

its simple. if you are 'home' 'safe' and never leave, like they dictate, why do you care who goes to a bar?

If ‘going out’ does at this stage exacerbate infection rates, then it means those who choose not to go out are punished by having to stay confined far longer because of the choice the ‘going-outers’ made.

It’s never as simple as you paint it.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   

I'm in Milwaukee. It hasn't been that bad.

In fact, the only annoying things have been the shortage of TP, sanitizer, alcohol, and wipes, and the inability to get a haircut.

ETA -

School-age children should go to summer school to make up for what they've missed this spring due to CV.

I realize this isn't PC, but it makes the most sense. You can't just lose a semester of school and automatically advance to the next grade or graduate.

Wisconsin being a purple state, 🙄, I'm sure it will opt for the dumbest plan conceivable.
edit on 5/14/2020 by Creep Thumper because: FIGHTING IGNORANCE ONE POST AT A TIME.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

Uh ... no.

As a parent of one of those school age kids, I've sat here and made sure he's done and understood every single bit of his schoolwork while he's been. Plus, he's done 3/4 of his school year with high marks. I'm not sending him to summer school, which, btw, will be virtual anyhow.

What's he going to make up that he hasn't already done?

In some places, that's no solution either.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Creep Thumper

Uh ... no.

As a parent of one of those school age kids, I've sat here and made sure he's done and understood every single bit of his schoolwork while he's been. Plus, he's done 3/4 of his school year with high marks. I'm not sending him to summer school, which, btw, will be virtual anyhow.

What's he going to make up that he hasn't already done?

In some places, that's no solution either.

You and I have similar aged children, don't know about you but what my boy learns at school in a day is covered at home in about 30 minutes.

The last couple of months have been interesting to say the least, one thing is for sure is nothing is at it seems.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Eh, we start him at 9 and we're done at about 1 or 2 most days, so we cover his stuff in about 4 hours. That's with about an hour built in for lunch. He's highly distractable though. Part of the time is with 20 or 30 minute reading blocks built in too and short video lessons.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I meant work packs sent home by the school for home learning, not his actual education at home.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join