It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadians harassed and threatened by Chinese operatives on Canadian soil

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
www.theglobeandmail.com...

This is from the Globe and Mail, which are fairly conservative, and not usually very supportive of activist rights, so if they saw fit to mention it that means it's a real issue.

I feel some personal vindication here...a few years back, I was contacted by Google sysadmins because of repeated intrusion attempts coming from an island known to house Chinese military hackers. I spoke with an RCMP agent at the time, who dismissed it and said it was likely just a private citizen with a grudge. What's interesting about this is I had just published an editorial rant on Hindu nationalism in India, and so their interest would seem to confirm that China has a vested interest in continued social conflict between Hindus and Muslims over there, and they were willing to mess with Canadian activists to pursue that goal. The activists mentioned in the article are working for freedom of speech and press, as relates to the Hong Kong issue.
edit on 13-5-2020 by Bent8484 because: More details

edit on 13-5-2020 by Bent8484 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bent8484
Wouldn't they be first nations people?

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

No, I was writing about Indian politics. Like, in the country of India. Though I am Cree Indian. I can see how that may cause confusion.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Thanks!

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Well, Two can play that game.

Start by booting out Chinese nationals, then start tracking and taking pictures of the people that are harassing your citizens in their own damned country and deport their @sses.

Problem Solved.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Canadians harassed and threatened by Chinese operatives on Canadian soil

I'd be fairly sure that you could swap Canada for many other countries......it's been happening in Australia for years now and as I have noted previously, it continues to happen because there are too many China apologists here and ex-MPs paid for by the CCP lobbying for the CCP....it's truly nauseating watching people sell out their own country for personal gain.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   

You Canadians have more to be worried about than that

Canadian researchers are joining the effort to develop a Chinese vaccine against the deadly coronavirus, with plans to begin human trials in Canada of a potential defence against COVID-19 that employs genetic technology from the National Research Council.

The trials will bring to Canadian soil Ad5-nCoV, a vaccine candidate under joint development by a Chinese company and the country’s military.

www.theglobeandmail.com...

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

It's a bit more complicated than that. A lot of the Hong Kong activists mentioned in the recent incident are Chinese immigrants. Many left so that they could have free speech and free political affiliation without fear of being intimidated or harassed by the CCP. Most are Canadian citizens, and our government owes them protection from their former government, or any other.

I'm not much of a nationalist, but CCP operatives booing the Canadian anthem in Toronto definitely rubs me the wrong way.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

I'd heard about their meddling in Australian politics, yes. I hope that your citizenry shows the sell-outs some opposition next time it's time to vote, good luck.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Our Liberal Government and Officials are complete sell outs.

Just like most LIberals in the West.

This is a Global Phenomenon...I keep saying that...not just Canada and the USA...the WHOLE Western World is being sold out and made into a safe space. Bring in the puppies...

They can shove their "We been trying for a couple hundred years but now we developed one in a few months" vaccine..up their collective arses...

Anyone shilling for the CCP can go suck an eggroll too

ETA: Good thread....we all need to keep posting the info as it comes in before they spin or bury it...

edit on 5/13/2020 by MykeNukem because: eta

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Yeah, though after what happened with the stolen sample debacle at one of our BSL-4 labs, I would hope that our government will exercise extreme distrust and caution. The whole fustercluck was going to go to trial, when the lead witness recently died under suspicious circumstances while abroad at a conference. Interestingly, the stolen sample was a coronavirus (a SARS line, I think? I could be wrong about that), and it was shipped to the Wuhan institute. I'm sure there's likely a thread about it already, somewhere on ATS.

Edit: knew ATS wouldn't let me down. Found a thread about it here.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Start by booting out Chinese nationals, then start tracking and taking pictures of the people that are harassing your citizens in their own damned country and deport their @sses.

Problem Solved.

Sounds easy, right?

The problem is that the Authorities that are in charge of deporting them, are sticking up for them.

Just like in the USA...the Liberals are running things here...and they ain't deporting anyone if they have their way...unfortunately.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Agreed. Corporate interests bought all our political parties, and they have more in common than they have differences. The Libs more than most...they sell out faster than toilet paper at an American Costco. Fun fact, Harper attended Bilderberg before any of us knew his name, he was from the same clique.

We're clearly on opposite sides of the political spectrum, but as citizens and voters, here's something I think we can both agree to: neither of us is adequately represented by our political parties.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Liberals kinda mean something different in Canada. Like, I'm a leftist, but I can't stand the Liberal party, who are mostly corporate sell-outs. The closest party to what an American would know as "Liberal" would be the NDP, who are European-style social Democrats. See my above post about why that doesn't matter much anymore though... they're all sell-outs anyway. Hope that clarifies things a bit.

(To be clear: the NDP has also sold out to corporate interests, so there are no actual "liberal" options for Canadian voters.)

(Wait, did I misread that, and you're Canadian? Then you should definitely be told this: the Libs act according to neo-liberalist theory, not in the interests of social liberalism. I favor social democracy, and here in Quebec, myself and many leftists got organized to kick the provincial Liberals out. Fun fact, that was over Charest giving our natural resources away, at a loss, to... Chinese corporations. Clearly, the unseen part of the deal was in bribes and campaign contributions...)

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bent8484

Liberals kinda mean something different in Canada. Like, I'm a leftist, but I can't stand the Liberal party, who are mostly corporate sell-outs. The closest party to what an American would know as "Liberal" would be the NDP, who are European-style social Democrats. See my above post about why that doesn't matter much anymore though... they're all sell-outs anyway. Hope that clarifies things a bit.

(To be clear: the NDP has also sold out to corporate interests, so there are no actual "liberal" options for Canadian voters.)

(Wait, did I misread that, and you're Canadian? Then you should definitely be told this: the Libs act according to neo-liberalist theory, not in the interests of social liberalism. I favor social democracy, and here in Quebec, myself and many leftists got organized to kick the provincial Liberals out. Fun fact, that was over Charest giving our natural resources away, at a loss, to... Chinese corporations. Clearly, the unseen part of the deal was in bribes and campaign contributions...)

I probably should have clarified, I should have said Progressives or Leftists.....I meant Liberal in the modern usage not the classical sense.

Agreed about bad representation no matter what Party you belong to.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I'm definitely in favor of deporting these specific foreign nationals. They're not here to become part of Canadian society... they're here to harass people who left theirs, and Canadians who support Chinese citizens' rights. The Canadian constitution guarantees free speech, free assembly, and freedom of political association, and that's what these douchewads are here to oppose. I'm pretty sure both sides of the aisle are in favor of maintaining our political rights, so the CCP can go eat a bag of...ducks.

Szechuan culinary joke, you're welcome.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Are you staying the Chinese military will be assisting with implementing vaccines in Canada? Makes me wonder if they plan to test that out as a warm up to the US.

a reply to: stonerwilliam

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

originally posted by: infolurker

Problem Solved.

Sounds easy, right?

The problem is that the Authorities that are in charge of deporting them, are sticking up for them.

Just like in the USA...the Liberals are running things here...and they ain't deporting anyone if they have their way...unfortunately.

Yea, it's no longer right versus left, Democrat versus Republican, Labor versus Tory etc etc it's Nationalist versus Globalists. For the past 2 years I have been educating myself using youtube to watch politics in other countries and from everything I have observed it's safe to say no matter what country you live in, it is people who love their culture and country versus people who hate their culture and country.

I only have one country and that is the one I was born in. If I hated my Constitution I have the freedom to leave. However I feel my Constitution offers me freedoms I could not get in any other country. So I choose to stay and die fighting for my birthright!

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I love that signature... "Let's make Orwell fiction again".

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bent8484
a reply to: seeker1963

I love that signature... "Let's make Orwell fiction again".

I meant to reply to you on a thread you posted Bent but just couldn't put the words together because everyone is so offended now a days?

I wanted to ask you if you knew of Karl Rock? I have learned so much of Indian culture from watching him and when you mentioned China I knew how experienced you were being Indian dealing with China.

Anyhow, this is the first time ever I have typed or said this, "Namaste"!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join