It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First State to Open Reports Lowest Number of CoVID patients in a month

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 9 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Georgia reports lowest number of COVID patients in a month

Kemp moved forward with his plan to reopen the state late last month, despite initial opposition from President Trump.

"Now, with favorable data and approval from state health officials, we are taking another measured step forward by opening shuttered businesses for limited operations. I know these hardworking Georgians will prioritize the safety of their employees and customers," Kemp previously tweeted. "Together, we will weather this storm and emerge stronger than ever."

Georgia was the first state to reopen any nonessential businesses and the decision also drew backlash from local politicians and health officials, who warned that reopening the state too soon could lead to a possible surge in new coronavirus cases.

I believe it is a little early to claim victory. I hope and pray the numbers keep dropping.

I remember at the start of this. It took longer than I thought it would for the virus to infect the US.

In two more months if GA numbers are still dropping, GA can then start to claim victory, IMO anyway.

A few other States are open too. In a few months when the numbers have dropped and the economy of the open States is better then that of NYC. What will happen.

Will people and business move to the States that have a functioning economy? Musk is talking about moving.

If that does happen it will hurt the States that are still closed or just opening, they will have a tough time getting their economy going again.

It is good a few States are open now. It needed to happen. We need to see what is going to happen one way or the other.

We need to be ready in the fall too. If this virus really does back off for the summer and then comes back in the fall. We cannot let the country shut down again.

Hopefully, in a few months we will see proof that we can keep the country up and running during this pandemic.

+5 more 
posted on May, 9 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Has it been sunny and warm in Georgia over the past 2 weeks? The White House Covid-19 team said Sunlight destroys the Covid-19 virus.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It's been sunny and warm, but also cold and damp.

Normal GA weather. More sunny then cold though.

edit on 9-5-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   
stress increases your chances of getting a worse case of every disease. The more you worry the worse it is. They are probably killed more people by doing what they did than they saved. But with all the traffic gone, at least they saved some people that way to make up for things. Also, side effects of doing operations went down but people still need to get those operations.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Seems to me like they are opening businesses but with safety measures still being taken. The new normal. Only going out if necessary, wearing masks and keeping a distance. Probably avoiding contact and scrubbing or applying sanitizer if they do have contact.

All of that would have worked without the lockdowns if only people would have done so. Now they have been scared enough to actually do it.

It is possible that cases go up after people start to relax their personal measures but it will probably do so slowly. I don't think it is a win or loss type situation.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 12:59 AM
link   
We got to remember the only way this was sold was by them saying it's about flattening the curve, we didn't expect to be risk or COVID free yet. This was to solely spread out the cases so it didn't overwhelm the hospitals, that's been accomplished now on to the next step. Whatever that may be Georgia looks ready to handle it, pretty much the surrounding states should be right on that timeline too.

+6 more 
posted on May, 10 2020 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Here is ONE type of new normal I'll accept.

Regardless, we're all going to face a new normal for years to come.
Restaurants, hotels, retail chains, cruise ships, any mass gathering events will be forever changed especially in states like CA/NY. The seed of fear, concern, uncertainity, Uknowns will last a long time.
New decade, new 9/11 event.

My Dad remembers Woodstock which was held during the 1968-69 Pandemic.
Nothing changed economically, nothing closed, no social distancing, no masks. No one was considered selfish then.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 03:37 AM
link   

I'll reserve judgement for the next few weeks, you know, when symptoms tend to present themselves. Hopefully it's all over, although I highly doubt that even if the virus is done with its work, it's all over.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Nope to lots of people wearing masks, not happening in GA. Some yes, maybe 25-40%, but most no.

I live within a super close range of GA.

Also,it has been fairly cold and rainy since GA reopened, so no heat and not a lot of sun to speak of.

Are people taking precautions, not at the groomer/pet store, no masked employees, no gloves, my dog looks great. My husband said he and only one other person in the store had a mask on.

Perhaps the worst is over and like SARS and H1N1 the virus is burning itself out.

This will be a real shocker and disappointment to Governors in CA, NJ, MI, WI, and other states who want to keep their citizens shuttered in their homes for another month, and in CA possibly until there is a vaccine. I'd be really angry at this news if I lived in the states that are refusing to reopen for the next month/months/possibly 2 years until a vaccine.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 06:37 AM
link   

I remember at the start of this.

So do I it started right when the Dems saw their bogus impeachment
trial was going to fail!

Everyone needs to just take off their mask and ignore the BS.

God made the planet and the human so we wouldn't need to walk around
with a mask on.

NOTHING HAS CHANGED

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies
a reply to: daskakik

Nope to lots of people wearing masks, not happening in GA. Some yes, maybe 25-40%, but most no.

I live within a super close range of GA.

Also,it has been fairly cold and rainy since GA reopened, so no heat and not a lot of sun to speak of.

Are people taking precautions, not at the groomer/pet store, no masked employees, no gloves, my dog looks great. My husband said he and only one other person in the store had a mask on.

Perhaps the worst is over and like SARS and H1N1 the virus is burning itself out.

This will be a real shocker and disappointment to Governors in CA, NJ, MI, WI, and other states who want to keep their citizens shuttered in their homes for another month, and in CA possibly until there is a vaccine. I'd be really angry at this news if I lived in the states that are refusing to reopen for the next month/months/possibly 2 years until a vaccine.

I live in a suburb north of Atlanta and have never worn a mask going out. Ironically I had to fly to San Francisco yesterday and needed to wear one for the entire flight as well as every damn place you go into out here. It's like night and day.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies
Well, guess we'll see what the future brings.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

We got to remember the only way this was sold was by them saying it's about flattening the curve, we didn't expect to be risk or COVID free yet. This was to solely spread out the cases so it didn't overwhelm the hospitals, that's been accomplished now on to the next step.

This is clearly how it was sold to the nation. Very few hospitals in the US were overwhelmed.

Historians say that pandemics usually have two kinds of endings. The medical and the social. Medical is over when the numbers drop drastically. Social ends when the fear is over. When the people have had enough and just want to get back to living.

I thought this was a pretty good story by the NYtimes.

How Pandemics End

“When people ask, ‘When will this end?,’ they are asking about the social ending,” said Dr. Jeremy Greene, a historian of medicine at Johns Hopkins.

In other words, an end can occur not because a disease has been vanquished but because people grow tired of panic mode and learn to live with a disease. Allan Brandt, a Harvard historian, said something similar was happening with Covid-19: “As we have seen in the debate about opening the economy, many questions about the so-called end are determined not by medical and public health data but by sociopolitical processes.”

Endings “are very, very messy,” said Dora Vargha, a historian at the University of Exeter. “Looking back, we have a weak narrative. For whom does the epidemic end, and who gets to say?”

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
You posted:

Nothing changed economically, nothing closed, no social distancing, no masks. No one was considered selfish then

What a great point, I hadn't heard that before. Thanks for bringing that to the surface, you'd think some news people would have discussed this to give people a reason to believe we will get back to normal....but no.

www.cnsnews.com...

In my lifetime, there was another deadly flu epidemic in the United States. The flu spread from Hong Kong to the United States, arriving December 1968 and peaking a year later. It ultimately killed 100,000 people in the U.S., mostly over the age of 65, and one million worldwide.

Lifespan in the US in those days was 70, whereas it is 78 today. Population was 200 million, as compared with 328 million today. It was also a healthier population with low obesity. If it would be possible to extrapolate the death data based on population and demographics, we might be looking at a quarter million deaths today from this virus. So in terms of lethality, it was as deadly and scary as COVID-19 if not more so, though we shall have to wait to see.

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
Here is ONE type of new normal I'll accept.

Regardless, we're all going to face a new normal for years to come.
Restaurants, hotels, retail chains, cruise ships, any mass gathering events will be forever changed especially in states like CA/NY. The seed of fear, concern, uncertainity, Uknowns will last a long time.
New decade, new 9/11 event.

Nothing changed economically, nothing closed, no social distancing, no masks. No one was considered selfish then.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Has it been sunny and warm in Georgia over the past 2 weeks? The White House Covid-19 team said Sunlight destroys the Covid-19 virus.

It's been in the 80's and 90's here in South Florida for the last 2 months, we've gotten rain maybe 3x. DeSantis won't even allow Dade, Broward and Palm Beach to re-open yet.

www.tampabay.com...

So much for the sun.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

It actually isn't as much the heat destroying the virus, as it is people going outside in the sunshine which results in higher Vitamin D production, which results in improved immune function, which results in - less viral infections.

As many have been saying, supplementation is the way to go... A, Bs, lots of C and D3, K2 (85% mk4 & 15% mk7), magnesium, selenium, etc etc etc.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Been pretty sunny and clear for a couple weeks now in South Georgia, but then we also never had a reported high rate of infection to begin with.

I live in Lanier, and work in Lowndes think combined is 180 confirmed cases handful dead for 130k people.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
That's good news

The county I live in New York; one of the hardest hit by the virus, has been much more mobile in the last three weeks than they where in the beginning of April when the case count peaked. Thats 21 days of increased mobility and our numbers continue to fall; hope it continues as we become more and more mobile.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Matthew 16:25:

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Just sayin'...

TheRedneck

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Watching a strange sort of economic civil war going on in the KC Metro area. Missouri is into stage 1 reopening as different areas, counties and communities allow, and Kansas is going to start following suit. The metro has had 3 hot spot counties through the urban core that haven't really spread north of the river where I'm at. So the counties to the north have progressed into a looser stage 1 more like the rest of the state minus areas still in the bounds of metro KC where I live by 4 blocks despite having earlier agreed to go in solidarity with the Mayor of KC.

And no one on the KS side can agree on anything either.

So there's this crazy patchwork of open and not open and open to different degrees with different rules going on here.

So far, our numbers continue to go down minus the meatpacking plant in the same town where husband's company also is. They added a ton of cases there, several hundred, but all but about 20 or 30 were asymptomatic. They think it's been spreading through the community there for a while, and if our theory about it coming in to where husband works with Chinese is accurate ... well, it very well may have been, just not in the way they think.
edit on 10-5-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join