It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

most new coronavirus hospitalizations are people who had been staying home

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Cuomo says it’s ‘shocking’ most new coronavirus hospitalizations are people who had been staying home

Most new Covid-19 hospitalizations in New York state are from people who were staying home and not venturing much outside, a “shocking” finding, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Wednesday.   

The preliminary data was from 100 New York hospitals involving about 1,000 patients, Cuomo said at his daily briefing.

It shows that 66% of new admissions were from people who had largely been sheltering at home. The next highest source of admissions was from nursing homes, 18%. 

So what does this say about shelter in place?

Does this study point to the idea that shelter in place isn't as effective as we would like when it comes to viral pandemics?

Could it mean that people aren't sheltering in place properly?

Could it mean that the people who were part of the study are lieing; they are not sheltering in place and saying they are?

Could it mean that the people who are conducting the study are lying about the results to push a narrative?

“If you notice, 18% of the people came from nursing homes, less than 1% came from jail or prison, 2% came from the homeless population, 2% from other congregate facilities, but 66% of the people were at home, which is shocking to us,” Cuomo said.

“This is a surprise: Overwhelmingly, the people were at home,” he added. “We thought maybe they were taking public transportation, and we’ve taken special precautions on public transportation, but actually no, because these people were literally at home.”

Cuomo said nearly 84% of the hospitalized cases were people who were not commuting to work through car services, personal cars, public transit or walking. He said a majority of those people were either retired or unemployed. Overall, some 73% of the admissions were people over age 51. 

What will the government do now? Will they see these results as an indication that shelter in place does not work and abandoned it? or will they see these results as a reason why they need to put in place more drastic lock down measures; closing down grocery stores and other essential businesses?

+5 more 
posted on May, 6 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

You know the leftist mindset - double down on what you were doing and act all shocked when you don't get different results.

It's all they know. They're convinced they're right so they keep doing the same things despite epic and increasing evidence that things just don't work out the way they believe they will.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   

This shows acting like a piece of veal doesn't keep you from contacting the virus. To you shutdown supporters this means the only solution is to stop breathing or buck up.

(post by carewemust removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
More than likely it means that people who live in old buildings with shared ventilation systems are at greater risk of contracting an airborne virus due to prolonged exposure.

And there is evidence to support this conclusion.

Noticed that you never mentioned this possibility in your OP.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Not just the vent systems. Many tested sewer systems are found to have large viral loads in them.

Any sewage leakage, even a small crack that is just leaking ppm's, may be able to spread this virus between units or even houses.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
More than likely it means that people who live in old buildings with shared ventilation systems are at greater risk of contracting an airborne virus due to prolonged exposure.

I didn't list any specific reasons why sheltering in place may not be as effective as we would like.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

If you look at my posts on covid-19 you will see I said the measures were worse than the disease, and would do little to stop covid-19. It was a political response. Most people are asymptomatic and spread it without knowing they have it. And who cares if I stand 6 feet back when I move up into their air space seconds later when droplets can easily hang around for minutes or hours.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

So what you are saying is there are still numerous ways corona can spread even during lockdown and staying home simply won't stop it's spread.

I want to be clear from my last post and this one I am for containment measures. Just less draconian ones that don't destroy the economy.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Cuomo is a idiot! I know there was no reason to point that out but it felt good .

This finding is the reason that throughout history with the exception of covid 19 . Civilizations have quarantined the sick not be healthy .

Which can’t help but point out there is a ulterior motive .

Family exposure is the most easiest way to spread a disease.

When you quarantine the healthy you aren’t protecting them from a virus. You’re locking them up with it .
edit on 6-5-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Exactly.

At the same time we are engaged in this massively harmful lock down, the same people pushing it are condemning nursing homes and the most vulnerable population to have to just deal with the virus.

Its the exact opposite priorities we should have.

And evidence such as this in the OP shows that despite all the harm it is causing, the lock down isnt even keeping the virus out of homes as it was said it would.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

Not just the vent systems. Many tested sewer systems are found to have large viral loads in them.

Any sewage leakage, even a small crack that is just leaking ppm's, may be able to spread this virus between units or even houses.

Sounds like that could be a problem that would be all over the country do to our poor infrastructure in many areas.

Why are we forcing a lock down then if this is so widespread?

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The part that pisses me off the most. Is that every one of them knows the misery they’re causing .

Which means they’re doing it for a reason and it’s not to protect us from a pandemic . I’ve got some suspicions but there’s no need to blurt them out because just about everybody has the same suspicions .

Tens of thousands of people ( part of the deaths after this is over ) will end up dying when they shouldn’t have . Which makes the wrinkled old people on the hill at least partially responsible for every one of those deaths . If not premeditated murder at least aggravated manslaughter for each soul that was lost .

I hope when this is over we get to see something similar to Nurenberg . Xi is Hitler ( but I hope he ain’t dead yet) and all the government officials pushing these insane measures are the accomplices a.k.a. concentration camp guards.

As for the politicians that aren’t in league with whatever the hell is going on . They better be the ones to speak up when this “ crisis “ is over. (Including Trump ) Or they should shoulder some of the blame .

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

When you quarantine the healthy you aren’t protecting them from a virus. You’re locking them up with it .

One thought I had after reading this report was that the reason for both the high rate of shelter in place exposure and the high rate of infections among minorities (especially Hispanics) is one and the same.

The Hispanic community have many more people living under one roof than other groups. Most of "the family" might be sheltering in place; but one or two might be out working and bringing the disease back to the rest of the people in the home.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

So if you are correct here, does that mean Cuomo and deblasio have forced people to shelter in the death traps of their homes knowing full well they are likely to be infected there?

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   
This is crazy!!!!!
So staying at home you still get COVID...

They should separate the data between single family homes versus Apartments....

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

The Hispanic community have many more people living under one roof than other groups.

You are correct and you said it much more eloquently than I ever could .

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: Fallingdown

One thought I had after reading this report was that the reason for both the high rate of shelter in place exposure and the high rate of infections among minorities (especially Hispanics) is one and the same.

The Hispanic community have many more people living under one roof than other groups. Most of "the family" might be sheltering in place; but one or two might be out working and bringing the disease back to the rest of the people in the home.

That's the other thing. It was never a real lock down. For this to work you would have to block all the roads and almost weld people into their homes.

People were out and about, going to lots of places that were still open. So of course they bring it back home.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Everyone needs food.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Just found out today, if you are caught not "social distancing" in Oregon?

1,200.00 dollar fine.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join