It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Werewolf sightings

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by IronMan
Again, your dreaming maybe growing sign. Please don't think I'm insulting you, we are all growing and learning.
It maybe that the season maybe changing where you are and again, you're adjusting to the time of year.
It's just a guess.

i have heard of that theory about the changes in life and all that, and also that it may mean i dont trust people easy, which i dont ... their just ver nasty and bloody dreams.... not nice at all

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13

Alltho this aura shifting is VERY rare, seeing as how your aura is who YOU are. So dont believe that someone is an aura shifter, chances are they arent. Id say about...less than 2% of the people on earth can do this (and that is a HUGE overstatement)

So you're basically saying if I gather 1,000 people together, that 20 of them are capable of shifting their aura? Assuming this was an overstatement, are you still conceiving that 5 or 10 of them can do this?

Sorry but I just find this extremely hard to believe.

Well no, what I mean is acutally...probably less then .5%...all I know it that its really rare

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I am not very big on the subject of werewolves, but I found this news article interesting.

I thought some of you werewolf hunters might also.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Indeed it is a fascinating subject... Google 'Beast of Gevaudan' one of the most interesting things i've ever heard of.. The beast might have been a werewolf.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   

It was black and hairy and was eye level with the passengers in the cab. If this was a man, it was like no man Frances had ever seen. Yet despite its monstrous appearance, whatever this thing was, it wore a man's clothes. "It had on a white and blue checked shirt and long pants - I think jeans," Frances testifies. "Its arms were raised over its head, almost touching the top of the cab."

About.com

This story scared the **** out of me! It's proper creepy and if its true...

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Now that is a creepy little story

All this werewolf talk makes me want to rewatch Ginger Snaps.

[edit on 4-2-2006 by The Juvey]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by rp001
This is my first post here (I've lurked for a while), so please bear with me.

This seems like a good explanation to me.

Story (shortened quite a bit): About 6 months ago I was out with some friends on the mesa outside of Albuquerque, NM. Half of the group wandered off to go sneak up on a party and scare them (a story all on it's own), so I was left with my friends girlfriend. I didn't know her that well at the time so we were standing around awkwardly not talking when we both heard footsteps about 50 feet away. There's NO light out there so I couldn't see what was making them and she is practically blind. I sneak off and around to try and see what it is. I get close enough, probably 20 feet, and I see a coyote walking. I said "oh" or something to that effect quietly and it looked over at me. Which is wierd because as far as I know, coyotes travel in packs, tend to avoid humans, and have huge ears, which wouldn't allow me to sneak up on one. It starts walking off and this is when the strangest thing happened. It appeared, very fluidly and naturally, to stand up on it's hind legs. For a couple second it looked very much like a middle aged native. It walked behind down into a shallow ravine and I couldn't see it anymore. I hauled ass back to the cars, told her to get in and lock the door, then I left to go find my friend (with the Colt 1911). I just told him I saw someone. He looked around and couldn't find any tracks. I was very confused at that point. Later I started telling one of my close friends about it and before I finished she jumped in and said "sounds like a skinwalker".

I've tried doing research on skinwalkers but it is VERY hard to find information. Apparently it's a type of Navajo "black magic", where the shaman can move his spirit to other places, and manifest as an animal that may or may not be of his choosing. They work outside of the mainstream religion, and tend to sell their services. I can't find any more info beyond that.

Maybe that helps?

[edit on 17-3-2005 by rp001]

I am a Blackfoot of the Piikani tribe and we have sayings like this too. Napi says "Now, if you are overcome, you may go and sleep, and get power. Something will come to you in your dream, that will help you. Whatever these animals tell you to do, you must obey them....Whatever animal answers your prayer, you must listen to him."

So I suppose that if a man were to have a vision of an animal he might be walking the night as one of them to gain insight for an answer he asked.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Just as a sidenote ive used to have a cat that sometimes walked on its hind legs looking out the window. (:

From outside you could see the cats head passing the window.. it looked pretty strage.. never seen another cat do that.

I do find werewolf stories fascinating, also the wiches and shamans practice of borrowing an animal seeing through its eyes is fascinatin if possible (:

[edit on 10-2-2006 by SilverSurfer]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
If you want to hear more modern skinwalker sightings, look at the following articles:

paranormal.about.com... (Skinwalker on I-40)

paranormal.about.com... (The Skinwalkers Appear)

www.jh-author.com... (an except from my upcoming book about the legend of Skinwalker Ranch)

www.hunterbear.org... (Navajo Witchcraft and the Skinwalkers by Hunter Gray: a book review, a movie review, a personal sighting, and some other lore)

I personally find things like this fascinating. And I also wonder why nearly all authors who write books about werewolves neglect modern sightings and instead repeat the same few dusty old tales over and over. Why would an author not want to include the most exciting material possible?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CGBSpender

i had a experiance dude im 17 and it happend last year if you wana hear about it email me at [email protected] this aint bull# either i knwo what i seen

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
lol ok if ur all really intrested why dont you guys go to alaska all by ur self and i asure u you will see...all alone with a cam and you can thank me later if you come back in one peace
so good luck in your werewolf hunt....

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
if you havens seen it dosent mean it is not real.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
6]post by rp001[/url]
[FACT:everything we once believed in no longer exist. maybe some people just have the capability to use that knowledge and power of the mind, that the majority of most individuals dont know exist. All the so called sci-fi movies that we watched as kids are now becoming actual events.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
first thing to know is that there are two different types of "werewolves". The first one is a shapeshifting human. They are commonly called skin-walkers in the U.S they are typically found in native american reservation's. The first thing to know is that there is no physical transformation in these types. They "create" a "shell" around them selfs or they do it away from their bodies. They can then control these "shell's". If they create it around them-self's then they can run at highway speeds, are bullet proof(not sure about silver bullets though), and incredibly strong. They can also turn into a kinda "monster" form which is what people sometimes see them as.

The second kind of werewolf is a normal creature. It's no different than a bear or other wild animal. The eat, sleep, but are dangerous, they are typically seen in very wild foresty type's of area's. [email protected]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
You might want to check out the michigan dogman, the gable film. It shows a real shapeshifter doing it's thing at a dead run. It is available here on ATS. It might still be on "recent posts", if not, just type the michigan dogman, the gabe film into the search box. You might also want to check out "hodag".

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BaastetNoir

I have been studying Werewolf sightings, and I have seen more than one post of having dreams of them. So I just wanted to tell you that this is not rare. I myself have dreams that come often.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Reikuro

It's far more common than that. Heck some people do it naturally, some just teach themselves. I'm not saying it's overly common, but it's not really that rare.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
i think this is amazing. i love mysterious discussions. and im a very big werewolf fan. but the the question is, do they really excist? if i could i would go exploring and try to find any prove of werewolfs. i only wish people would take the time to solve some of earths unsolved questions, and then they go looking for life on other plannets which is nothing wrong with it. but come on people!!! we barely know whats going on on our own planet!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join