It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

65,000 Patients On Long Term Hydroxychloroquine In Italy. No ICU, No Deaths

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
It appears this drug does work. Recent studies in the US have been with patients already admitted to the hospital and a little late to halt the viral replication by that time. It appears this must be given early to have the most impact but zero ICU and zero deaths is pretty impressive.

www.iltempo.it/salute/2020/04/28/news/coronavirus-farmaci-efficaci-news-danni-cura-annalisa-chiusolo-artrite-terapia-idrossiclorochina-sars-cov2-13212 27/

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

The Italian Society for Rheumatology studied 65,000 patients on longterm hydroxychloroquine for RA and Lupus.

Only 20 patients tested positive for COVID-19. No ICU, no deaths.

This is a 90% reduction in infection rate compared to the rest of Italy.

I wish Trump had not mentioned it simply because the entire leftest news HAD to prove him wrong by any means necessary which is a disservice to the public.

Of course this drug should not be used because it is generic and cheap. We need an expensive drug that will make the big Pharma companies a lot of money.

I would like to see the same data for the US who are on this drug long term for comparison. Then I would like to see statistics for those given the drug "early" before they are admitted to the hospital.
edit on 29-4-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Of course it works.. when the virus goes down route A... ace 2 receptors. Maybe it doesnt work so well when it goes down route B.. cellular infiltration with T cell manipulation. This virus is choosing 2 ways to infect the host. Im leaning toward it having a few other tricks up its sleeve.

Plus, ONE drug doesn ttreat everyone or is safe for everyone. Not even a vaccine is safe. There are usually acceptable losses or a percentage of adverse reactions or death that are within limits to still release whatever drug or vaccine for use in a certain dosage or manner. AKA.. if 5K kids die or have a severe adverse reaction to ( insert vaccine here) then this is an acceptable loss since it helped 500K kids and they had no reactions. This was not done this time. I guess I have to ask why... Why was it poopooed soooo quickly? Kinda rhetorical.

link   

originally posted by: infolurker
It appears this drug does work. Recent studies in the US have been with patients already admitted to the hospital and a little late to halt the viral replication by that time. It appears this must be given early to have the most impact but zero ICU and zero deaths is pretty impressive.

www.iltempo.it/salute/2020/04/28/news/coronavirus-farmaci-efficaci-news-danni-cura-annalisa-chiusolo-artrite-terapia-idrossiclorochina-sars-cov2-13212 27/

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

The Italian Society for Rheumatology studied 65,000 patients on longterm hydroxychloroquine for RA and Lupus.

Only 20 patients tested positive for COVID-19. No ICU, no deaths.

This is a 90% reduction in infection rate compared to the rest of Italy.

I wish Trump had not mentioned it simply because the entire leftest news HAD to prove him wrong by any means necessary which is a disservice to the public.

Of course this drug should not be used because it is generic and cheap. We need an expensive drug that will make the big Pharma companies a lot of money.

Trump's usually right about stuff even if has to say it 15 different ways in the same news conference until you want to blow your head off if he says it one more damn time.

Think I might grab a syringe and shoot up some Lysol before bed just to be safe... 🙂

+5 more 
link   
Looks like Trump is right again. And the left just opposes for no reason endangering us all.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

SO we can't pre-take it but can we use it as a "morning after" pill ? Once you have symptoms and are not in the known to have problems group. get the vit D, vit c, hcq, zinc, magnesium boosters

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2

SO we can't pre-take it but can we use it as a "morning after" pill ? Once you have symptoms and are not in the known to have problems group. get the vit D, vit c, hcq, zinc, magnesium boosters

Its funny.. but a thing that is worthless and doesnt work and will kill you.. is incredibly and suddenly scarce. Youre not going to get it as a preventative measure.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Doctor Smith

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: Doctor Smith

Ingrown toenails are your fault, though.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   
In New York, the governor stated they were only allowing chloroquinine chemistry to be used in the worst cases. That was a mistake, those worst cases cannot be fixed anymore with anything. By his actions, it shows he is steering evidence to show the orange man was bad. I am sure if the testing is done properly it will show that Chloroquinine, an inexpensive medication in conjunction with some companion chemistries, can greatly reduce the worst case scenarios.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Seems like Dr. Yadegar from Cedars-Sinai might have some insight into that:

Kinda wish Beck woulda shut up.. But hey, the info & data will hopefully become more readily available.

In between RdRPs inhibitors (seems like we got one for each political side.. HCQ+Zinc/Remdesivir) and Yadegar's approach, we are starting to get a few prongs to tackle things with.

edit on 29-4-2020 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Correct. It must be used early.

Kind of like Tamiflu in the first 48 hours.

www.tamiflu.com...

Take Tamiflu within 48 hours of flu symptom onset. You have a choice of capsules or liquid. It’s best to take Tamiflu with food—there is less chance of stomach upset if you take it with a light snack or a meal.

If you have already been exposed to the flu, but you don't have any symptoms, you can take Tamiflu for up to 6 weeks to help prevent you from getting sick.

edit on 29-4-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzled2

No, we can't use it as a preventative but if given early with zinc, it may prevent quite a few hospitalizations and death. Tricky part is getting it early when the symptoms start.

Their fake studies so far have been on people that have already progressed to the latter stages.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   

There's a lot more to be eventually revealed about Hydroxychloroquine combos preventing all manner of illness. That data is buried now, because the drug is cheap. But it won't stay buried much longer, according to anonymous insiders.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I have a friend in his mid '80s. I check up on him because he only has a older brother, sister-in-law, and nephew left for family and not many friends.

He was telling me he was having trouble getting one of his prescriptions filled. The pharmacy was out and they wanted the doctor to write a prescription for an alternate. The doctor was very busy and hard to get in touch with.

I look at his prescriptions and see Hydroxychloroquine, I look it up online, "Oh, there using this to try to fight this virus. No wonder it's hard to get." So I tell him we'll have to go to the doctor's office and wait until someone gets him a new prescription.

It turns out, the Hydroxychloroquine wasn't the one that the pharmacy didn't have. It was 20 mg Famotidine. Come to find out, this drug is also being used to treat the virus. The nurse at the doctors office said he could just buy Pepcid AC, an over the counter heart-burn medicine with the same ingredient.

Problem solved, with one exception. Insurance covers the prescription medicine, but not the over the counter stuff. But if either of these drugs do work, he should be safe. He's been on them for a while.

Make of that little anecdote what you will. But it just seems to me like they are throwing darts. Maybe they should try Nyqil. That works for me when I have a cold or flu. Take it three times a day and you won't have to worry about social distancing. What little time you're awake you won't feel like going anywhere.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith
Looks like Trump is right again. And the left just opposes for no reason endangering us all.

No they had a reason...They want the country shut down and to ruin the best economy America has seen in a zillion years. Anyway/anything to hurt Trump and his reelection chances even if thousands die.. either through suicide, no job, no hope, no food, or even the Wuhan flu.

New Yorker's drive me crazy with the way they speak and repeat but other than being like a Mocking bird sometimes they know what they are trying to say...just verbal communication can be problematic unless they are cussing someone out...even then repeats can certainly happen.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
a reply to: Advantage

Seems like Dr. Yadegar from Cedars-Sinai might have some insight into that:

Kinda wish Beck woulda shut up.. But hey, the info & data will hopefully become more readily available.

In between RdRPs inhibitors (seems like we got one for each political side.. HCQ+Zinc/Remdesivir) and Yadegar's approach, we are starting to get a few prongs to tackle things with.

Its definitely not political for me and I am truly furious when I see that happen. I think the time for politics is not now and needs to be paused... the general public does NOT know how this thing works, spreads, etc.. there is so much more that can be done for patients that isnt being done.. due to effing politics! I dont care who mentioned what... we have to try everything we can and share the data.

The Problem with HCQ is the dosages it has to be given in to have any effect... the bullet seemed to be HCQ and Azithromycin . Having a negative PCR in 6 days on that combo and higher dosages ... Id call that a win. Using Remdes is a win for other cases. I feel like the one guy does... that what is given at what stage of the viral infiltration is the key. That it cant be a mono therapy at all.. and had to change as the virus changed in the patient.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I went into the linked report but it was all in Italian, but I found a referenced study from South Korea.
Can post-exposure prophylaxis for COVID-19 be considered as an outbreak response strategy in long-term care hospitals?

Although several drugs have been proposed as treatment options, there are no data on the effectiveness and safety of post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) for COVID-19. After a large COVID-19 exposure event in an LTCH in Korea, PEP using hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) was administered to 211 individuals, including 189 patients and 22 careworkers, whose baseline polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests for COVID-19 were negative. PEP was completed in 184 (97.4%) patients and 21 (95.5%) careworkers without serious adverse events. At the end of 14 days of quarantine, all follow-up PCR tests were negative. Based on our experience, further clinical studies are recommended for COVID-19 PEP.

Why did the CDC wait so long. Fauci knew, but never pulled the trigger on taking HQC to trial. Many people died and suffered due to the CDCs inability to move forward with any treatments.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

There's a lot more to be eventually revealed about Hydroxychloroquine combos preventing all manner of illness. That data is buried now, because the drug is cheap. But it won't stay buried much longer, according to anonymous insiders.

Yes,

Especially Cancer.

Check this one out: clinicaltrials.gov...

Hydroxychloroquine is approved for the treatment of non-cancerous illnesses such as rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematous. Researchers in the laboratory have tested tumors from patients with pancreatic cancer and have discovered that they have certain pathways inside the cells that promote growth and survival of the tumor. Hydroxychloroquine may inactivate these pathways and results in the death of pancreatic cancer cells.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Scientific evidence also supports the use of CQ and HCQ in the treatment of cancer. Overall, preclinical studies support CQ and HCQ use in anti-cancer therapy, especially in combination with conventional anti-cancer treatments since they are able to sensitise tumour cells to a variety of drugs, potentiating the therapeutic activity.

Thus far, clinical results are mostly in favour of the repurposing of CQ. However, over 30 clinical studies are still evaluating the activity of both CQ and HCQ in different cancer types and in combination with various standard treatments.

Interestingly, CQ and HCQ exert effects both on cancer cells and on the tumour microenvironment. In addition to inhibition of the autophagic flux, which is the most studied anti-cancer effect of CQ and HCQ, these drugs affect the Toll-like receptor 9, p53 and CXCR4-CXCL12 pathway in cancer cells.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Observationalist

Because it is a generic drug and nobody makes any money from using it. They need a Pharmaceutical Company patented drug that they can charge $1,000 a pill for.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   

From what I could see, the actual paper, which was based on only 11 patients, was suggesting that having the condition of beta thalassemia did not make one more suceptible to COVID-19. In that paper, only three of the patients received hydroxychloroquine (HCQ).

The paper: SARS-CoV-2 infection in beta thalassemia: preliminary data from the Italian experience.

The linked Italian article from Il Tempo is speculative and its title translates to: Coronavirus, revealed how it works: that's why hydroxychloroquine could work

The article applies the findings of the previous paper to the reduced number of cases in regard to a national register of Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis patients (different diseases) and makes the assumption that their low infection rates relate to hydroxychloroquine. Confusingly, the article mentions that reduced susceptibility to COVID-19 may have something to do with specific patient's haemoglobin-oxygen binding efficiency but it omits this from its conclusions?

edit on 30/4/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join