It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Mayor de Blasio: “Test and Trace”. Everyone with COVID will be “hunted down”.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: gladtobehere

Bad news is........it works. Like it or not, it works.

Yes... it does. It works fabulously, as a means of control and coercion.

As a means of protecting the health and well being of Citizens? Not so much.

Actually it's perfect for tracing a disease if tracking was mandatory. It also means you could prioritise vaccinations, predict with good accuracy where resources will be needed and a lot of other things.

It's not that hard to fathom how useful such tools could be, also most people don't think the gove is out to get them. However this is normalising a breach of privacy and on things like this I agree with the more hardliner members here...

You don't get these kind of rights back once you lose them.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

This.

This.

2nd.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The use of "Contact Tracing" is very Nazi Germany like..... this will not fly to well, it's gonna crash and burn with constitutional resistance.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: TonyS

Bad news is........it works. Like it or not, it works.

Yes... it does. It works fabulously, as a means of control and coercion.

As a means of protecting the health and well being of Citizens? Not so much.

What rights? Some states have laws against this some don’t, as far as NY its legal.

NEW YORK No binding authority; location information unprotected

List of state laws in regards to cellphone tracking. Many are pending, although I couldn’t find the date the list was posted.
www.aclu.org...

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Yea thats what you want to do. Set up an impossible and unending task force ultimatum that will receive federal funds endlessly, without any means to audit or see it's effectiveness. Nothing but a political power move and a money grab.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Well here's hoping they do both Covid and Antibody tests at the same time,

We need to know How many had it, how many have it and how many haven't been infected yet.

No point creating a vaccine if 90% of us have already had it.

We will then find out if some tested and found to be negative and have the antibodies on X date get symptoms and test positive at a later date.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Like the Department of Homeland Security?

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
So, again we divide society even farther, those who have had the covid against those who have not.

So those who had the disease are now dirty, they are stained. Unless of course they were essential workers working in the health profession or grocery stores...then they are heros. Those who did not will be pointed at by those who have not as bad people who could not follow the rules.

Now those who have had the disease will have immunity and feel they are better than those who haven't had it. They will feel superior. They will not like non-covids calling them down. And they will cut down those who do not have immunity as a protection of the slander the non-covids are spreading.

Yes, they are going to have to pass another law so people will not discriminate against covid and non-covid people now. Since we cannot be divided on sports right now, people will just have to use this disease to choose sides.
I am non-covid until proven covid. There is no evidence I am covid yet, and no evidence that I am non-covid either. So shut the ____up.

Now even though this post is way off topic, if they take it down it will be discrimination against either covid or non-covid people. It is as black and white as writing on the wall.
edit on 28-4-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Times like this are when your constitution should be expressed right? Other than patriot act measures is their any legal precedent on tracking measures on citizens?

I thought that's why "other nations" do the spying/tracking... I mean this is nothing new.

What would be new is the ability to use such information gathered against you in a legal manner.

Grand innit, that boot is pressing down harder than ever and the people cheer on their team.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: putnam6

Like the Department of Homeland Security?

Do they get the snazzy black uniforms with silver badges, like their German namesakes?

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   

their ultimate goal is to be able to track and trace everyone at all times.

And the most obvious device being our personal track and trace devices:

our phones.

So if you don't want to be traced, just leave your phone at home.
There was a time when if you weren't at home, you couldn't be reached via phone.

Phones were attached to the walls. There weren't even any answering machines.

It's not hard.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Oh , so Commie NY Mayor Upsets you ? Solution - Kill Him Politically . Other that that , Go Cut Bait ........

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars
yea actually, leave it at home, travel with it in a portable faraday box which can be made for less than $10, or opt not to own one. ATT is still installing land lines in my city. I am in the process of setting that back up.

This is kind of what I meant by adapting to the reality of post modern government spying on the citizen.

There are also people making IRLED frames and hoodies that can obscure our images on facial recognition. It is high time we all collectively worked at the grassroots level sharing publicly all methods and techniques and finished goods we can use to defeat the surveillance state while living our daily lives.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

The location information of a cell phone isn't necessarily the location of a person. Is a name associated with the cell phone?

I'm not American, I don't know the legal system well but I'd argue strongly that this is something that must be addressed on a federal level since actions like this can be interpreted as being against your constitutional rights.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 01:21 AM
link   

They should have been aggressively contact tracing in the beginning. Now, when 24.7% of your city appears to have antibodies, it's just big brother activity. It doesn't matter anymore. We're way past containment.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Hunted down

Categorized

Columned

Labeled and marked

ID'd 😎

Hunted down?

People will volunteer.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Jewish people in New York City are having funerals for lost loved ones. DeBlasio tells them that they will be fined and/or arrested.

NYC Police Being Sent In: twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I can't wait to be COVID and proud. That way, I no longer have to live in fear of becoming so.

I pass by houses of those who live in fear every day ... shut in ... unable to even go outside in their own yards for fear they might become COVID. Sure, they harbor some kind of empty moral supriority, but I get to be free.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Jewish people in New York City are having funerals for lost loved ones. DeBlasio tells them that they will be fined and/or arrested.

NYC Police Being Sent In: twitter.com...

Why is De Blasio singling out Jews? You'd think being anti-Semetic in NYC would kill your career deader than Otzi the Iceman.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join