It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

She's been falsely accused of starting the coronavirus. Her life has been turned upside down

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
"Maatje Benassi, a US Army reservist and mother of two, has become the target of conspiracy theorists who falsely place her at the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic, saying she brought the disease to China."

www.cnn.com...

The gist of this article is that Woke CT's have dropped some keyboard warrior justice on this lady claiming she is tied to the start of the COVID scenario playing out around the world and as such she is now paying the price for that solid police work being done by CT's.

As per the article , George Webb seems to be the one that started this line of thinking , "Perhaps the most prominent cheerleader of the idea that Benassi had a role in the imaginary plot to infect the world is George Webb, a prolific 59-year-old American misinformation peddler. Webb has for years regularly streamed hours of diatribe live on YouTube, where he has amassed more than 27 million views and almost 100,000 followers."

This is the danger of keyboard justice.

Online cowards can dox folks or like in this case "The couple say their home address has been posted online". They can act as judge, jury and executioner with no consequences and if innocent people get their reputation, careers or lives ruined by the Woke Minds oh well, too bad.

As I think about it though I guess it does seem logical that Woke Mind Karen or Joe from Arkansas posting their YouTube videos claiming we shouldn't trust the MSM for reasons while slowing down the vocals and using instrumental music would be informed enough about the truth to decide who is truly responsible for a scenario.

Please don't dox me Woke Mind CT's¿
lulz.

edit on 27-4-2020 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

S&F

such "people " - i use the term loosely - never take responsibility for thier actions - if pressed - they often resort to the " defence " - " i was just asking questions "

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I agree!

Still, it is ‘funny’ that CNN comes with this personal story. That it is wrong to blame the pandemic on a person.
All while they are blaming president Trump for that and all bad that ever happened.

But fine, they lack the brains and moral integrity to know this. So who can blame them...

S&F for you!
edit on 27-4-2020 by Goedhardt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Goedhardt

I agree!

Still, it is ‘funny’ that CNN comes with this personal story. That it is wrong to blame the pandemic on a person.
All while they are blaming president Trump for that and all bad that ever happened.

But fine, they lack the brains and moral integrity to know this. So who can blame them...

S&F for you!

I wouldn't blame Trump for starting it but I'd sure as hell blame him for being incompetent at dealing with it (and therefore, causing a complete disaster in this country that seems unparalleled anywhere else in the world).

I did not expect him to find a cure. But he sure as hell could have done something more constructive than stand around bickering with the media for months.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
This story is a great way to shame anyone who disagrees with the official narrative, which is likely CNN's main interest in it. They certainly don't care about her. That aside...

This woman needs to drag this guy into the courts and make him prove his assertions. If he can't, she wins a lawsuit on defamation and possibly reckless endangerment.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
This story is a great way to shame anyone who disagrees with the official narrative, which is likely CNN's main interest in it. They certainly don't care about her. That aside...

This woman needs to drag this guy into the courts and make him prove his assertions. If he can't, she wins a lawsuit on defamation and possibly reckless endangerment.

Which part is about shaming anyone who disagrees with the official narrative?
Is it something I said or was it something you took from the article?

The purpose of the article and my thoughts on it was the joke that is online justice.

George Webb was listed as the person apparently starting the CT though as per the article he is not the only one contributing to the chaos so going after him might shut him up but the other people that have now adopted his mantra as truth, what about them?

Blurry pictures and theories on 4CHAN and Reddit should not be enough validation for a crowd that runs around stating "question everything " but sadly it usually is. The Online Lynch mob spins up, people get doxed or worse and AnonJoe the Script Kiddie moves on to their next target , no longer concerned with the consequences their previous target has to pay.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

This story is a great way to shame anyone who disagrees with the official narrative, which is likely CNN's main interest in it.

How the hell could that possibly be construed as shaming people who disagree with the narrative?? Offense or no offense, take this either way here, but you're seriously reaching to stir the pot, IMO.

(post by mikell removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Uhhh it’s the CCP who is responsible sounds like CCP propaganda to deflect blame.
edit on 27-4-2020 by Lysergic because: bat soup spilled

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I am going to assume neither you or Nyiah are being intentionally obtuse. You know that google, facebook, and the media as a whole have waged their own little war on people who question consensus. They censor or denigrate anyone who espouses possible shenanigans aka conspiracy theories.

Part of how this is done is using real stories of people who have obviously been wronged by crackpot theories with no evidence to support them. The media in general could care less about the victim. They care about using the story to their benefit. You didn't have to say anything, neither did the story. That CNN published it clearly shows their intent.

George Webb was listed as the person apparently starting the CT though as per the article he is not the only one contributing to the chaos so going after him might shut him up but the other people that have now adopted his mantra as truth, what about them?

My mistake, I should have said "they" not "him".

It is unfortunate that people like this woman suffer the consequences of idiots who go off the deep end and become religiously fanatic about a conspiracy, but fortunately people like them are a minority. That's not much consolation to this lady, but it's true.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

This story is a great way to shame anyone who disagrees with the official narrative, which is likely CNN's main interest in it.

How the hell could that possibly be construed as shaming people who disagree with the narrative?? Offense or no offense, take this either way here, but you're seriously reaching to stir the pot, IMO.

See my post to Opeth...

If I was looking to stir the pot, I would have spent a lot more time on the conspiracy against conspiracy theorists instead of sympathizing with this poor woman who became the one person to blame in a world full of corruption and lies perpetuated by the same establishments who decry any question of their integrity as an attack.

I hope she gets her day of victory in court.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

What could he have done? Oh, you mean like, stopping flights from China?

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Where the hell have I been? I've never heard of her. I blame China altogether.

(post by LSU2018 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

Which part is about shaming anyone who disagrees with the official narrative?
Is it something I said or was it something you took from the article?

The purpose of the article and my thoughts on it was the joke that is online justice.

Blurry pictures and theories on 4CHAN and Reddit should not be enough validation for a crowd that runs around stating "question everything " but sadly it usually is. The Online Lynch mob spins up, people get doxed or worse and AnonJoe the Script Kiddie moves on to their next target , no longer concerned with the consequences their previous target has to pay.

Agreed opethPA. Too many people with time on their hands.

Do these people have jobs or just internet sleuth all day?

Clearly the damage they cause innocent people is not considered when launching an attack.

Oh I was wrong and you became a virtual prisoner in your own home? Not even a sorry, just move on to the next.

It is dangerous. The real scary thing is people then choose to believe these narratives because it fits their world views. Most dont even care if it is truthful.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Gee, dont know...
How long has it taken the parents of those supposedly undead school shooting victims to get "victory" in the courts?
Have they yet? Or is jones still appealing, arguing, delaying... do you think they will ever get the monetary settlement the court ordered? Or that any amount of money could balance out the hell that jones along with the other conspiratists and their followers put them through?

Ya know, the number of men or are falsely accused of sexual assault is also in the minority. But there seems to be quite a bit of weeping and gnashing of teeth about how those evil women are ruining the man's life..

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Klassified

Gee, dont know...
How long has it taken the parents of those supposedly undead school shooting victims to get "victory" in the courts?
Have they yet? Or is jones still appealing, arguing, delaying... do you think they will ever get the monetary settlement the court ordered? Or that any amount of money could balance out the hell that jones along with the other conspiratists and their followers put them through?

Ya know, the number of men or are falsely accused of sexual assault is also in the minority. But there seems to be quite a bit of weeping and gnashing of teeth about how those evil women are ruining the man's life..

Can you imagine having your child murdered in school and then having to deal with those "people"? Unbelievable.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes
a reply to: BrianFlanders

What could he have done? Oh, you mean like, stopping flights from China?

I know it's tough to find a redeeming action made by Trump during this fiasco. And even with this one, Trump was behind 30-some other countries that had already done that. Participation award though! Kind of.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Name the countries.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes
a reply to: okrian

Name the countries.

By the time Trumps restrictions on China went into effect (Feb 2nd), 38 countries had already enacted it...

Travel Restrictions on China due to COVID-19

But Trump says he was the first so it must be true.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join