It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 new strains of the COVID-19 virus..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I've taken to licking
public handrails & doorknobs
as a way of building my Immunities.

It's a little rough on the tastebuds
but I'm sure it will pay off in the long run.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 03:26 AM
link   
journals.lww.com...

There is not going to be a vaccine. It’s a Coronavirus and there never has been a vaccine for it. The only way to deal with it is to be immune or die. Idk.

But this is interesting. Amazon has been working on a vaccine for the common cold? Wtf does Amazon have to do with this?

www.google.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I'm going with...

Everyone gets the virus.

Whoever lives wins.

You know... natural selection and all that.

That attitude is a bit brutal isn't it?

You could wipe out almost whole generations of new borns with that kind of thinking!!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
a reply to: Lumenari

I'm going with...

Everyone gets the virus.

Whoever lives wins.

You know... natural selection and all that.

That attitude is a bit brutal isn't it?

You could wipe out almost whole generations of new borns with that kind of thinking!!!!

Mother nature is brutal... as is life.

Besides, Democrats do the same thing every year in abortion clinics.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: spoonbender
I've taken to licking
public handrails & doorknobs
as a way of building my Immunities.

It's a little rough on the tastebuds
but I'm sure it will pay off in the long run.

You need to step up your game bro!
Airplane passenger licks toilet seat in viral video, disgusts Twitter community

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
Besides, Democrats do the same thing every year in abortion clinics.

Right. Because no Republicans have even had an abortion. They've all been Democrats.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Question for all google PhD’s

If a vaccine only gives immunity to certain flavors
Of Coronavirus. (Based on what you have in the cocktail)

How many times do you have to get sick to build a natural immunity to Coronavirus?

I’m guessing all?
You have to come down with every variation?

Like influenzas.
There will never be immunity.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

DuckDuckGo-Fu Pseudo Expert reporting in!

*salutes*

The idea of "herd immunity" is a misnomer on both counts; It rarely actually applies to the whole "herd," and also does not necessarily refer to immunity, nor shpuld it be taken to mean anything permanent.

Its more about ease of transmission and immune system familiarity.

Studies indicate that the so-called "herd immunity" from the first SARS outbreak lasted a while though. Depending on the origin of SARS-CoV-2, it might have lasted longer as well. Thats an important question beyond the possible politics involved.

And yes, it is like influenzas in this respect. A new virus pops up, hits the population hard until general immune systems catch up and start mitigating impact. Certainly not all or nothing.

This process happens regularly throughout history, though we have tampered with it quite a bit with everything from broadly applied vaccines to a decline in immune health in the general population.

Vaccines, in this context, mimic the natural course of events. However, once a general, novel strain has hit the population.. Its variants will usually have more concise symptoms, less mortality rate, etc.

This is complemented by tendency of viruses to evolve to become less deadly in order to ensure its own survival.

Id also argue that even in a time of modern medicine, we havent necessarily seen less impact from such events. Perhaps indicating our overall approach isnt as effective as we might like.

Not a doctor, could be wrong, etc.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Lol awesome answer.

I thought it was something like that.
It makes to go the route of Spanish flu, which is h1n1, one of our yearly bugs now. Just less deadly.

What worries me is the asymptomatic carriers. Seems there could be a pool of original virus for years. I suppose it depends on how long a person can carry, and also be infectious.
This minor reaction to Covid, seems like a win for the spread of the virus.

edit on 22-4-2020 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

The original emergence of H1N1 is.. well.. Scary. H5N1, more recently, was a helluva thing too.

So, when folks say "its just a flu," or "its not just a flu!" ..They both miss the mark for me.

The asymptomatic carriers are a troubling aspect, but my intuition on that (for what its worth) is that a broad base of relatively low impact carriers could end up being very beneficial long term. It allows many immune systems, collectively, to familiarize with the virus even if they are spreading it in the process. It really is a "win" for the virus, but in a way, a win for us too. Its anomalous enough though, that I feel there are some hard questions to ask there..

Given that most tests amplify coronavirus RNA material, not specifically this virus, it also means that measures like testing en masse and contact tracing might have dubious efficacy. Thats without bringing in things like false positives/negatives/etc. It also doesnt address any other vector of transmission at all. To truly do that.. Well, Im not sure we can.

In my mind, it then becomes a question of hospital occupancy & capability. As long as we can keep that in check, with a very strong focus on it as THE factor to determine everything else, we end up handling it with the greatest degree of efficacy possible (imo).

And, just like influenza, we can expect plenty of different mutations, etc.

The interesting part, to me, is the possible application of certain treatments in a much broader context than just SARS-CoV-2 and regardless of mutations. There are a metric crapton of politics surrounding it, but anything that inhibits RdRPs (RNA dependent RNA polymerases) seem to have exceedingly promising efficacy. This does include the "controversial" Hydroxy Chloroquine, but many others as well. And, HCQ (to my understanding) only really acts as a RdRPs inhibitor due to being a Zinc ionophore. So, testing patients Zinc levels and even providing supplements might be absolutely critical. There are others too though, and all have shown some promise.

I have no doubt that there are other ways to treat it as well, but overall, I think that as long as we keep the medical system in check without suppressing the natural course of building immune system familiarity ("herd immunity").. Then we really have a great foundation for success.

Hmm, DuckDuckGo-Fu Pseudo Expert, signing off
I think Im probably done with apologizing for being verbose though lol Thats like asking a bird not to fly, methinks.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

An Army Grunt Vet just Schooled me in Simplese about Covid-19 . Yeah , he is Not a Doctor , but a Doctor would Die for his Understanding on Pandemics ..............

edit on 22-4-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join