It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 new strains of the COVID-19 virus..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I posted this in the current COVID mega thread: The much touted Vaccine by the like of WHO, Bill Gates et al.. Can someone explain just how that will work with at least 30 strains of the virus ? I do not remember a vaccine for SARs, H1N1 bird flu, MERS, or even the common cold...Flu vaccines seem to be about 30% effective (my opinion) unless the vaccine makers guess which flu will be upon us at a given season.. so far not the best guesstimates if seasonal flu deaths are an indication.. I would like to know how many are vaccinated and still end up with the flu or dead; inquiring minds would like to know.

Also I will not post the links but the word out of China is there are new lockdowns due to the spread of the virus once again.. If true, not good for anyone anywhere.

A new study carried out by researchers at Zhejiang University in Hangzhou, China, finds that COVID-19 has mutated into at least 30 different variations, and that the ability of the novel coronavirus to mutate has been underestimated.

The study, which was led by Professor Li Lanjuan and published on the website medRxiv.org on Sunday, analyzed the strains of the coronavirus that had infected 11 patients from Hangzhou, where there are at least 1,264 reported cases of the illness.

Researchers found that there were many more mutations within the small sample pool than had previously been reported. Within the sample, osputniknews.com... detected more than 30 mutations, around 60% of which were new.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Can someone explain just how that will work with at least 30 strains of the virus ?

Magic.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I dunno , Last time I Checked , it was 31 New Strains . Could I be Mistaken ? ..........

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I have done lots of research on vaccines over the years. I do not feel they can make a successful vaccine for Covid19, The vaccines will take eighteen months now they say, before it was probably going to be eleven months, so I do not think their first vaccine attempt is actually working correctly, of course, we will probably not get updates on these kind of failures.

I won't take the vaccine for a year after I watch to see if there is negative effects. I react badly to the flu vaccines and also the DTAP. Probably the Pertusis part of that. I had whooping cough already a while back, got it from a grandkid... who got it from school, even though he had the shot.

I am too old to want to be a guinea pig.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   

If the spike protein that binds to the ACE2 receptor is the same in all of them then it's possible. Albeit highly improbable.

Just to be clear, if a vaccine is ever actually developed for this thing, particularly in the short to medium term, be afraid....I'm not joking.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

I dunno , Last time I Checked , it was 31 New Strains . Could I be Mistaken ? ..........

It depends on what part of the world you are talking about.

There are probably many more strains than that. You can play with the data at the link below:

Genomic epidemiology of novel coronavirus - Global subsampling

edit on 21/4/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Survival of the fittest.
Everyone gets tested then everyone gets the shot and who ever is left wins.

Shortcutting evolution

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

According to David Nabarro from Imperial College London, “You don’t necessarily develop a vaccine that is safe and effective against every virus. Some viruses are very, very difficult when it comes to vaccine development - so for the foreseeable future, we are going to have to find ways to go about our lives with this virus as a constant threat.

Don’t bet on vaccine to protect us from Covid-19, says world health expert

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Observationalist

Survival of the fittest.
Everyone gets tested then everyone gets the shot and who ever is left wins.

Shortcutting evolution

Just... no.

How about we do it without getting a man-made hail mary possible kinda maybe fix to this.

I'm going with...

Everyone gets the virus.

Whoever lives wins.

You know... natural selection and all that.

edit on 21-4-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   

there are 7 known Strains of Coronavirus that can infect humans. not saying there aren't more, just that they have identified 7.
Human Coronavirus Types

i read back in march that there were 8. but the CDC doesn't list it.At least 8 strains of the coronavirus are spreading across the globe

and your right the flu vaccine and tamaflu are 50/50 at best.

edit on 21-4-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit
BaskinRobbins syndrome I think

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Yes , there are also Many Varieties of the Common Flu , but do you see me Barricaded Inside my Domain over that ? Ah, No . Live Free or Die sort of Speak .

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Wonder if the birth rate will go up or down as a result of the stay at home. perhaps less illegitimate kids born with less outside activities.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

bet there just as many people bumpin uglies that aren't married.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Ok the answer may scare people and I think this deserves its own thread. One idea is to create synthetic DNA which infects the hosts DNA with a synthetic genetic code. Downloading new information into the smart synthetic DNA. Synthetic biology may offer a "universal coronavirus vaccine" that can be quickly modified to combat future mutated forms at the speed of light. Once this hypothetical synthetic DNA was in you they could download information into it at a distance similar to wireless downloads into your phone however it would be directly be into your biology. We may have to prepare for a brave new world where our genetic structure can be changed at will by corporations or we die. Exciting times!

How is synthetic biology revolutionising vaccines?
Self-replicating mRNA (SAM) is a technology that can help to make effective vaccines more quickly. Watch Jeff Ulmer, Head of Preclinical Research and Development, US, explain how SAM could disrupt the way we make vaccines.

Can synthetic biology protect us from coronavirus? And the next one?
The National Institutes of Health hopes synthetic biology can engineer vaccines that outperform nature.
bigthink.com...
The first coronavirus vaccines will enter Phase 2 testing soon but won't be ready for another 18 months.
Synthetic biology may offer a "universal coronavirus vaccine" that can be quickly modified to combat future mutated forms.
Despite promising lab tests, synthetic vaccines remain speculative; we'll need to live with COVID-19 during the interim.

To develop a coronavirus vaccine, synthetic biologists try to outdo nature
www.statnews.com...
Although the Gates Foundation is spreading its bets among several cutting-edge vaccine platforms, including those using genetic material, one based on synthetic biology has real promise. “We may need an approach that can get you millions and even billions of doses,” said immunologist and physician Lynda Stuart, who directs the foundation’s vaccine research. Gates announced last month that it will funnel $60 million to Covid-19 research, including vaccines.

A vaccine created through the tinkering of synbio looks not only scalable to a level of billions but also like it will work without the need for refrigeration.

Craig Venter Will Teleport Your DNA
www.popularmechanics.com...
We have been digitizing DNA sequences in genomes. I call that digitizing biology. When we want to create synthetic life, we start with that digital information the DNA and the chromosome and create synthetic life forms from it, which we can then recapitulate. In fact, as the title says, we can send all of this digital information at the speed of light.

One day we will be able to send digital information and then recreate biology at the other endor, as I say, conduct "biological teleportation." This could mean downloading medicine such as insulin from the Internet directly into a 3D printer in your home. When the H1N1 flu pandemic struck, it took about nine months to get vaccines to some places. With life at the speed of light, we could send the digital information for the new vaccine around the world in less than a second. Then every place with a digital decoder could download the vaccine. And with the first synthetic cell, we can actually send living bacterial instructions and recapitulate that at the other end. But that's just now. It's going to advance very rapidly.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

If the spike protein that binds to the ACE2 receptor is the same in all of them then it's possible. Albeit highly improbable.

Just to be clear, if a vaccine is ever actually developed for this thing, particularly in the short to medium term, be afraid....I'm not joking.

Exactly there will be no truly effective vaccine there may be attempts but they won't be even remotely successful. We are much better concentrating on herd immunity anything else now is just streeeeeeeeetching it out.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

Li's team attributed these "functional changes" in the different strains to variations in the "viral-spike protein" - aka the "spikes" on the "ball" used to represent SARS-CoV-2

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   
There are so much genes in the world. I bet one of those strains are against your pets.

Dog infected with Coronavirus.

www.cbc.ca...

It all goes down who started spread the Virus to Bats. It obviously isn't China on that one. Our Gov has been testing viruses on animals way before humans and that started in the West with UK/US. Viruses evolve, those idiots don't believe it until too late. Should have fking complete shutdown on biological warfare research in the 90's-00's when Russia was busy destroying its Chemical weapons.

But, nope. The population don't give a fk. Going to blame. Blame the Gov first for not doing their job to inform public then Spy agencies who went rogue wasting everyone time on gang -> Drug wars. I really want to throw those jackasses in the public to be hanged like Mussolini and get their body beaten. Anyone wants to join me on that?

Don't learn from WW1 with Mustard Gas. Don't even bother having technology like today.
edit on 21-4-2020 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

It is real now. We need Noonien Singh Khan genes to save our butts now. Bring it on Eugenic Wars!

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Besides trying to not overload the hospitals what if the lock down is only prolonging the inevitable ?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join