It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waiting for a Vaccine?? Don't bother

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 05:55 AM
link   
In the 70 yrs since coronavirus was first discovered there has never ever been a successful vaccine formulated. No vaccine research has got past Phase II testing. They have been trying to find a vaccine for Malaria which kills up to 500,000 per year, for the last 13yrs which is not an unusual time frame. To expect and hope researchers can create the very 1st coronavirus vaccine for a NEW coronavirus within 12months or less is absolutely ridiculous, and to base lifiting lockdowns around the globe based on this fantasy is just as ridiculous.

It was pure luck that researchers in China released the genetic sequence of the novel coronavirus once they realised that those in charge were not going to do so, they sacrificed at lot to do that including themselves in some cases. But even those sacrifices are nowhere near enough to enable others to create a miracle vaccine in the touted time frames.

Professor Ian Fraser of the University of Queensland who has been involved in the creation of the human papiloma vaccine states "

the challenge is that coronaviruses have historically been hard to make safe vaccines for, partly because the virus infects the upper respiratory tract, which our immune system isn't great at protecting

Also

One of the problems with corona vaccines in the past has been that when the immune response does cross over to where the virus-infected cells are it actually increases the pathology rather than reducing it

The chances of underfunded not for profit labs creating a vaccine for something that hasn't had a successful vaccine created for in the last 70 yrs are probably next to zero, as are the chances of the world's populations remaining under "house arrest" for the next few years.

The WHO are also stating that there may never be a vaccine for novel coronavirus.
So the only real alternative is the touted herd immunity, but that would involve many many more deaths and an appropriate immune response which so far with covid-19 most patients immune systems are simply not responding as they should and as stated above, can in fact worsen the situation.

It seems this virus, unless it sufficiently weakens, is going to be around a very very long time with very few ways of managing its ramapage

Financial Review
ABCnet
Esquire
Express

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Good thread - glad that's being recognised .
Bill gates talking about " within 18 months " and then , " may have to bypass normal testing protocols to get it out sooner "

Yeah right bill .

The plan for this scenario , no vaccine , no cure , via previous researchers is to lockdown on upward infection rates , release on downward trends , repeatedly , for maybe 2 or 3 years until herd immunity is achieved.

That way the several apexes are managed into bite sized numbers which don't overwhelm capacity .

The other way is you burn this out , which means lockdown until every last contact of the last case has been traced .

Either way leviathan is in for a rough time .
edit on 19-4-2020 by DoctorBluechip because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   
How about a what if?

if they do come out with what they’re calling a “vaccine” in the coming months, who here would take it knowing that they’ve never been that fast or successful before?

Not me.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   
No cure for the common wart either. Chemical removal or it eventually weakens and goes away.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Nope me neither....as much as I don't really want to die drowning in my own lung juice....the speed at which they are trying to push through with some form of vaccine almost always means corners will be cut. Who's to know the effects after a year or 10 years?? Quite often serious side effects can take years to manifest and then even longer to prove beyond shadow of a doubt the effects are vaccine related

a reply to: TheLieWeLive

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I think we're just going to have to live with this one.

Sooner or later, we're going to have to admit we can't hide from it and come out into the light again.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I think so too just like we have with every other virus on the planet, and various experts are now agreeing.
Basing continual lockdown on a vaccine is just so wrong in my opinion. The virus will still be there when we all start going out again, and no doubt, come next winter it will return. What are the Governments going to do? Keep isolating us every winter?

a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I saw this video that describe how to legally decline a vaccine :

But i really dont know is that just a joke or real .

I really doubt they could make safe and working vaccine to this virus, but maybe that`s their main point ? to give unsafe vaccine to millions and then just wait until sick people need to buy a lot pharmaceuticals

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I've only read your OP and so apologise if anyone else has made this point.

This is one 'expert' saying there may never be a vaccine.
There appears to be hundreds of 'experts' on this subject and it seems nearly every single one has a different opinion on how this pandemic started, how it should be controlled and appropriate restrictions, feasabitlity of developing a vaccine, how to develop and implement any subsequent immunisation plan, future threat and how best to prepare for them etc.

And it follows that many people appear to be believing what ever idea/opinion that fits their predetermined viewpoint and even political affiliation.

I'm no expert that's for sure and I haven't got a bloody clue who to believe and who not to believe - apart from maybe David Icke - and I'm at a loss how so many people who have has little information and knowledge on the subject as I do seem to have such hard held and locked in viewpoints.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

based on the " logic "of that vid - you would decline to eat any food too

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Scientists were close to a coronavirus vaccine years ago. Then the money dried up.

source

This is no longer a problem....

I dont think i need to provide links for the next statement...the U.S. Government alone passed an 8.3 BILLION dollar spending bill to fight covid-19, Johnson and Johnson has alocated emense resources, personel and over 2 BILLION. Other compnies in the U.S. are doing the same. Other countries around the world are spending BILLIONS and submitting their best researchers to this global effort. You are grossly underestimating humans resourcefulness and ingenius ingenuity.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
No there are quite a few coming out now and saying the same including The WHO and Dr David Nabarro of Imperial College London as well as the others in the links
Dr Nabarro states

You don’t necessarily develop a vaccine that is safe and effective against every virus. Some viruses are very, very difficult when it comes to vaccine development - so for the foreseeable future, we are going to have to find ways to go about our lives with this virus as a constant threat

If it were just one person or some oddball from youtube I wouldn't have bothered but its not and the facts do remain that vaccines for coronavirus in the past have failed

a reply to: Freeborn

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
No cure for the common wart either. Chemical removal or it eventually weakens and goes away.

Well I definitely don't want to get an uncommon wart!
😂

On topic:

If a vaccine manifests itself and it actually works and saves the day, that would be HIGHLY convenient and incredibly suspect given the information in the OP.

My "spidey sense" would tell me this was all PREPLANNED.

Since its NEW, that would probably be the excuse used to justify how quickly it was developed.

"This one was different and well, we got lucky..."

Yeah.....sure you did..🙄
edit on 4/19/2020 by EternalShadow because: correction, eta

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
There appears to be hundreds of 'experts' on this subject and it seems nearly every single one has a different opinion on

Nope ... not taking this vaccine. Might not ever get vaccinated again ... for anything.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I agree with the OP as regards a vaccine. There are two other promising possibilities.

a). Natural selection
It is actually not in a virus' interest to kill as many people as possible. This cuts down on its "Market," the number of people who can be infected. It also reduces the number of 'walking wounded' who are the real disease vector. Yes, people can be asymptomatic and still spread the 'rona, but the virus density in their mucus is far lower than someone who is feeling ill but can still manage to go to work.
We are 'selecting for' a version of the virus that leaves people feeling #ty, but who can still punch a time clock and infect all their workmates. Just like that other 'rona, the common cold. Over the next 5 years, you'll see the 'Rona spreading and losing it's intensity, because it is evolutionarily advantageous to do so.

b). Attacking the virus at its node of greatest impact.
Doctors and hospitals in the US have learned why the respirator is largely ineffective. It is in the alveoli in the lungs. at the air/bloodstream boundary. Every red blood cell carries hemoglobin, which is four proteins that are mirror images of each other. Each carries an iron atom that is radical. It can either be Fe(II) or Fe(III). The virus attacks the hemoglobin molecule and frees the Fe molecule. The Fe molecule rips through your system and tears up your lungs before landing in your liver and giving you a killer case of Iron toxicity.

Standard practice with pneumonia is, as the patient begins to drown in mucus, to turn up the oxygen pressure to help the blood carry more oxygen. But with the 'Rona, increasing the pressure gradient just means that the the virus can free more Fe atoms faster. Hospital labs and drs have noticed that just before a patient dies on a respirator, the the iron content of the blood goes through the roof and often is accompanies with liver failure. The hope lies in intervening in the lungs.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   

There is also an 'expert' who says this is very, very similar to altitude sickness and that those suffering from it should be treated as if they had altitude sickness.

There are those that say a cocktail of existing medications can cure this illness or at least greatly reduce the effects of it.

There are currently quite a few existing trials for other hopeful new cures for COVID-19.

There are even those who allege there is/are existing cures but TPTB want to keep them for themselves.

Pay your money and take your chance, there are so called experts who passionately believe all of those and many other theories etc.

No comment on people supporting a particular viewpoint in accordance with their political or other predetermined beliefs?

On a slightly tangent; does anyone think 'they' would announce a vaccine as soon as they discover one?
Imagine the demand for it and the outcry if people were denied it?
Who will 'they' prioritise?

I don't think any vaccine announcement will come until sufficient amounts are available to meet 'key worker' needs and manufacturing capability and raw materials are in place.
Globally that will take a very long time.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I am not worried about a vaccine. Hell, I have not wasted my time on a flu shot since I left the military in 1995 and never had more than a day or two of exhaustion when I got it.

I want a medicine that works well enough to keep you out of the hospital that they will actually give you early without a bunch of hassle.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

The vaccine myth is just to placate the masses while they work on ways to destroy the personal freedoms and liberties many of us enjoy.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
You mean they won't be developing a vaccine for the common cold either? *Shocked Face

People aren't interested in data, just panic.

Pass the report, then read it...that sort of thing..

S+F

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Correct and I've watched his video conference myself and I believe he could be correct...I have no reason to disbelieve someone with experience and who has physically worked at the front line with covid patients. Its very plausible considering the sheer number of deaths that may be occurring due to incorrect intubation. Its an evolving situation.

If the "vaccine" were ONLY being researched by a single country or company I would question the motives but as it is a worldwide coming together of knowledge I doubt there is any political angle to it.

Manufacturing problems are discussed in the various links

a reply to: Freeborn

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join