It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flashback 1987 AIDS Epidemic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Can't believe I bought these Kenzo !

www.amazon.co.uk...

Still punting out the nuke apocalypse ones in the early 80s !!!

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
AIDS. In the summer of 1978 (or 1979), a conspiracy minded friend of mine visited me with an article from the Detroit News or Detroit Free Press (they were separate newspapers then). The article, entitled "Killer Cell", was in the science section of the paper. It had a drawing of a circular virus much like the one used for today's CORVID reports on TV.

The article claimed the the US military had engineered a virus into a bio-weapon that attacks human T-Cells and disabled the immune system, hence the title "Killer Cell". It went on to say how the infected person would get sick and die from infections caused by common microbes the body would normally fight off with a healthy immune system. There was of course, no mention of the projected mortality rate or if a vaccine had been developed.

By the early 1980's the AIDS epidemic made it's appearance. My friend and I both knew where it came from. There was talk at the time it was released purposely into the gay community and the IV drug using population by President Regan, a CT I never believed.

The CORVID-19 was modified with material from HIV and then it got out. To me this pandemic very much the AIDS epidemic part II.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

You don't get HIV from standing next to someone with HIV.
You don't get it from surfaces that they touched.

Totally irrelevant to what is happening now.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

It was the eighties.
In reality they think it was around since the thirties but the spread of HIV is slow. It is not this disease we are dealing with now.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

Lol, but i also spend some time in youtube watching those films, kinda fun and spot ol monty python actor Michael Palin in one....

Maybe the value of the DVD will some day be much more, so could get the money back

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

It was the eighties.
In reality they think it was around since the thirties but the spread of HIV is slow. It is not this disease we are dealing with now.

I had heard theories about HIV being discovered and studied since the 1930's. One researcher early on had a televised program that claimed that HIV came from a modified virus that caused scrapie disease in sheep and goats. From what we know of scrapie, I doubt it, but it seems similar in some of it's characteristics.

The cause of scrapie, as with other transmissible spongiform encephalopathies, is unknown and is a matter of debate;[15] the agent is very difficult to destroy with heat, radiation and disinfectants, does not evoke any detectable immune response, and has a long incubation period of between 18 months and 5 years.[16] The agent is thought to be much smaller than the smallest currently known virus and the prevailing theory is that it is caused by a misfolded protein called a prion.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

It was the eighties.

What ? was the 80s ?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join