It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the plan worth it?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Society and money came into existence at roughly the same time.

Did you grow your own food from your own seeds? Did you make your clothing and build your own shelter from materials that you grew and produced?

Are logged in from your own personal intranet?

I'm guessing no on all of the above. Society and yes money built those things which all add to your qol.

You can get as touchy and freely as your virtue allows but it will not change the fact that qol is directly affected by a positive economy.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
For perspective, in a country of 330 million, 118,000 & some-odd have died (if you trust the numbers)

What we did to the economy is akin to trashing the economy of a town of 3,300 over less than 2 illness deaths. When numbers are dialed down to easy-to-identify-with amounts like that for people, it starts looking like extreme overreaction. As it should be --no one in their right mind would sacrifice their small town over 1 or 2 people dying from illness.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Plenty of outlets for stress. What outlets are for people who contract a possibly deadly virus? Stress can lead to health problems but stress is preventable.

Your argument is "lets let people die because money is stressful".

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Next argument will be, "so it worked, the shutdown that is." Never taking into account that essential workers still outweighed the nons and that most places were still open.

It's going to be a mess...again.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Plenty of outlets for stress. What outlets are for people who contract a possibly deadly virus? Stress can lead to health problems but stress is preventable.

Your argument is "lets let people die because money is stressful".

What's the deathrate of covid again?

My argument is that a troubled economy can kill just as many, if not more than covid 19. Was that not apparent?

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Tell me who cannot eat because of this crises ... you want people to die so yhat your stocks or 401k won't take a hit... pathetic..

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Next argument will be, "so it worked, the shutdown that is." Never taking into account that essential workers still outweighed the nons and that most places were still open.

Even if we dialed up the count by a factor of 10 and never "social distanced" (god, I hate that phrase, pretentiously frickin' hipster), people in that small town still wouldn't be too likely to kill off their local economy over a dozen people dying from illness.
edit on 4/13/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Tell me who is dying because of this bad economy besides suicides? I know people who have gotten very sick and they were okay. But i know others who have prexisting conditions who might not make it if they got covid.

Yet, all the people i know are not at risk of dying from this economy...

That's how i know your argument is pure BS. England, America and other first world countries aren't at risk of huge deaths from a bad economy.

We're only at risk if our infrastructure stops working and no groceries are available. And there's no evidence of that.

edit on 13-4-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Tell me who cannot eat because of this crises ... you want people to die so yhat your stocks or 401k won't take a hit... pathetic..

Everyone in Michigan who did not have ample money, food or connections before being laid off or fired.

Why do you automatically assume stocks or 401ks are the reason for my posts? They certainly are not. Does that change the argument?

Communicating on an internet you didn't create? Pathetic....you sound like a fool.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Tell me who is dying because of this bad economy besides suicides?

Death via poverty is a slower crawl, but it eats years off your life by the end of it. Visit Mississippi if you feel like arguing further. If you're going to sink people into the hellhole pit of poverty by taking away jobs & income and leaving them with limited welfare, you get Mississippi on a mass scale.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: JinMI

Even if we dialed up the count by a factor of 10 and never "social distanced" (god, I hate that phrase, pretentiously frickin' hipster), people in that small town still wouldn't be too likely to kill off their local economy over a dozen people dying from illness.

It's a tough but real truth. We can handle ourselves and our own given the proper, factual information. Which seems to be the real dilemma.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Tell me who is dying because of this bad economy besides suicides? I know people who have gotten very sick and they were okay. But i know others who have prexisting conditions who might not make it if they got covid.

Yet, all the people i know are not at risk of dying from this economy...

That's how i know your argument is pure BS. England, America and other first world countries aren't at risk of huge deaths from a bad economy.

We're only at risk if our infrastructure stops working and no groceries are available. And there's no evidence of that.

You want me to tell you how many died non covid related? Theres a search engine for that but I would guess a lot

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

What evidence is there that all jobs will cease to exist after covid dies out? Sure, the economy will be bad but it's not unrecoverable.

Know what's not unrecoverable? The old and preexisting condition people that will die in droves if you just let life continue as normal tommarow.

You all are suggesting letting people die for money.

This is a gross conversation im out.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Loss of wealth and stress can be dealt with. How does overloading hospitals with covid patients help health issues?

Should we let old people die so we don't stress people out about their wealth? ........

How does forcing the 90% of the population without co-morbidity or old age issues to sit on their asses in solidarity accomplish anything? Isolate at-risk groups, the rest of us aren't afraid of this and won't be going to the ER.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

What evidence is there that all jobs will cease to exist after covid dies out? Sure, the economy will be bad but it's not unrecoverable.

Know what's not unrecoverable? The old and preexisting condition people that will die in droves if you just let life continue as normal tommarow.

No, stop, comeback! I wasn't done completely obliterating your reasoning!

As was said before, it's not exchanging life for money, its understanding that a failing economy also costs loss of life and that both need mitigated.

Also a little reading comprehension apparently.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Sorry, not sorry. If you can try to play a numbers game to tug at heartstrings, you don't get to complain when someone else hops in the game to play the numbers game & counter you.

Bye, Felicia.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
In case people missed it the economy that existed before covid-19 was already on life support. Quantitative easing was ongoing and billions were being printed and injected into the system to keep it limping along. The FED was keeping it alive with regular injections, but it's long term prognosis was terminal. The virus is only a convenient "act of God" to blame for the collapse, but it was not the cause, the economy already had preexisting conditions.

What ever economy comes out of this will not be the same. I doubt the United States is going to rely on foreign trade from China and other countries, like they did before. It seems to have been missed by many, but for years before Trump's tariffs, there were many articles and reports in the news heralding the return of companies from China to the United States.

In everyone of those articles I read and reports I watched highlighting the early returners, they all had the same commonalities. All of them believed even the Chinese labor was becoming "too expensive" and when they returned to the United States they were building fully automated factories employing handfuls of technicians to mind the machines.

There was one company they highlighted as part of a BBC report on the return, that originally employed 1,500 workers in America, when they packed up and went to China they employed 2,800 and after returning to America and building a new factory they now employed 50 workers to run and tend the machines twenty four seven.

This trend to automation was going on before the virus and I suspect it will accelerate after this virus, in either case I don't foresee the economy ever going back to the way it was. Truthfully I hope it doesn't, no matter how much it hurts, because the economy before was corrupt, broken, sick and dying anyway.

edit on 13-4-2020 by themessengernevermatters because: typo

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Doctor Smith

What plan?

Who's plan?

It depends on who you ask.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Doctor Smith

What plan?

Who's plan?

It depends on who you ask.

So you just threw the evil and generic "the plan" out there to instill fear and further paranoia?

Let me guess, it's the 'plan' "THEY" hatched, right?
edit on 4/13/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

a reply to: KKLOCO

Unless the government just completely dies and grocery stores stop producing, there are many safe guards in place for citizens.

You can easily get food stamps as a citizen if you're not making enough money for food.....

You're asking for people who are old or have preexusting conditions to die to save your stocks...

Explain how millions will die from a bad economy in America??????

Biggest problem I see so far, is that farmers were relying on foreign workers to both plant food, and manage and pick the food, and farmers supply chain logistics- from farm to grocery stores instead of the restaurants (not enough people dining out)....this has created a problem in Canada too, we rely on Mexicans to do our farm work, now they can’t come here til we open borders again 😕

There’s food being tilled back into the fields and milk just being dumped.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join