It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are we doing?????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Are any of you helping people during this time?
If so what are you doing?
If so how can the rest of us help as well?

I was thinking, I'm young enough (40) and very healthy.
Physically fit and now have lots of time on my hands.
How can I help?
I was looking at medical field jobs in my area. I was thinking I could do some things that people are afraid to do.
but i don't have the training or experience for any of them.

Anyone have any leads on jobs that need to be done but people just don't want to do them right now?

Even if your not working to help let us know what your doing for free for your friends and family.

For free I'm cutting my neighbors grass. They are old and use a lawn service. The service of course is not working right now.
I tried to do all the prep shopping that my mom needed but she wouldn't let me.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

For free I'm cutting my neighbors grass. They are old and use a lawn service. The service of course is not working right now.
I tried to do all the prep shopping that my mom needed but she wouldn't let me.

Surprised your lawn services aren't working...a guy on a riding mower isn't violating and social distancing.
My state is shut down...and my lawn service (and that of others in the neighborhood) are still operating.

edit on 4-4-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Hotel where I am working is going to host nurses and doctors. Serves them hot meal and place to rest.

I had a choice of stay in hotel and work or stay at home and lost a job. Mad and sad.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Check out your local foodbank.
They can always use help and donations.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Find elderly who need errands...a great start.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I do paperwork for lots of companies across the entire country.
Many places are just deciding to not give service anymore.

Especially with delivery drivers that deliver appliances for some reason.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Hadn't thought of that . ty. I'll do that.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Are any of you helping people during this time?
If so what are you doing?
If so how can the rest of us help as well?

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Hadn't thought of that . ty. I'll do that.

We donate regularly...these places really make a difference for struggling families.
Call or drop in and ask them what they need or what you can do.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Nation wide blood and plasma shortages, I encourage everyone to donate if you can. It's essential and it will get you out of the house for an hour or so.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Plant vegetables, remain optimistic, stay safe (you'll be more useful healthy), stay alert, this is going to last a few months...need will find you.

edit on 4/4/2020 by BlissSeeker because: healthy

edit on 4/4/2020 by BlissSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I wanted to offer to pick up groceries and prescriptions, for elderly People.
But I my wife talked me out of it because people could tell me they need stuff,I go buy it all, then try to get reimbursed for the expense and they could argue, we'll you could had gotten a better deal at so and so.
It could had just ended up being a headache.

So, my way to help is by staying in the house as much as possible.

I did see an advertisement that made me thank the clerk of the gas station.

There was a sign that said "free coffee and sandwiches for medical staff with ID. No other purchase necessary."
I told the attendant that, that was a great Promotion on their part and thanked him for working at during these times.
edit on 4-4-2020 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlissSeeker

Plant vegetables, remain optimistic, stay safe (you'll be more useful healthy), stay alert...need will find you.

That's what we are doing today. Spreading organic compost and planting about 20 different root and leafy greens.

Nations are hoarding crops, and grains. There is also currently, a massive world wide phosphate fertilizer shortage. I am expecting a major food shortage later this year, Farmers don't have laborers to plant, tend, and harvest their crops.

I have enough food to last a couple years, while helping out others in my neighborhood, who aren't prepared.
Ive lectured people for years. They began listen more carefully about 2 months ago, and started taking action by stocking up their own pantries

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I was thinking, I'm young enough (40) and very healthy.
Physically fit and now have lots of time on my hands.
How can I help?

Come and help me turn my 2+ acres into a great big allotment so I can provide food.

Really.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

If you live in an area where crops are needing to be harvested you should be able to sign on to help. Many farmers are struggling to find people to bring in the harvest. We will be seeing a shortage of fresh vegetables and fruits if this all rots in the fields.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I'm guessing hospitals may have all kinds of non-clinical positions, whether paid or volunteer - don't know if you want to be in that environment. Grocery stores around here are hiring like crazy.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Plant vegetables, remain optimistic, stay safe (you'll be more useful healthy), stay alert, this is going to last a few months...need will find you.

I'm already doing all 3. Something is eating holes into my eggplants but the purple broccoli looks great.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Plant vegetables, remain optimistic, stay safe (you'll be more useful healthy), stay alert...need will find you.

That's what we are doing today. Spreading organic compost and planting about 20 different root and leafy greens.

Nations are hoarding crops, and grains. There is also currently, a massive world wide phosphate fertilizer shortage. I am expecting a major food shortage later this year, Farmers don't have laborers to plant, tend, and harvest their crops.

I have enough food to last a couple years, while helping out others in my neighborhood, who aren't prepared.
Ive lectured people for years. They began listen more carefully about 2 months ago, and started taking action by stocking up their own pantries

I bought 50 lb of phosphate fertilizer a few years ago. Haven't used any yet.
I would work for farmers. I should look into that.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified

If you live in an area where crops are needing to be harvested you should be able to sign on to help. Many farmers are struggling to find people to bring in the harvest. We will be seeing a shortage of fresh vegetables and fruits if this all rots in the fields.

I haven't considered that part of all this. You guys have given me much to think on.
I'm glad I made this thread.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

I'm guessing hospitals may have all kinds of non-clinical positions, whether paid or volunteer - don't know if you want to be in that environment. Grocery stores around here are hiring like crazy.

I would honestly help in the farm fields for free if it really gets that dire. But I need to get paid if i 'm going to be around sick people. At least right now. I hope it never gets so bad that I have to do medical stuff for free.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join