It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could your December cough actually have been COVID-19?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   
That's a good idea. I would too

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Willtell

That's the main reason we would like to be tested. If donating plasma would end this quicker, even *I* would do it.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I had a terrible cold or whatever too but couldn't pin down when I had it. I know it was recently.

What I did was go to Walgreens site and they have a listing of all your purchases. I ALWAYS get the zinc tablets and ALKA Seltzer plus. Sure enough in that record, it's recorded on 12/7 109 I brought these items! A few days later I brought some throat tablets.

According to some legitimate research, this very link in the OP and indicated below, it started in late November or early December.

link

Researchers at ETH Zurich released a study in early March that placed the origins of COVID-19 in November at the earliest. Research published by the Scripps Research Institute in February strongly implies that the virus in humans arose naturally through interspecies transfer, putting its origin in late November or early December 2019. Both studies point to the virus’s origin in Hubei province, China.

They say in China but there's some info that it started even earlier.

This will, of course, be debated ad-infinitum, that is where it started. The conspiracy theorists will say it started in the US or the US brought it over to China--without any proof--such as the link below:

COVID-19: Further Evidence that the Virus Originated in the US

edit on 4-4-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Yeah about November time I had all of the covig 19 symptoms and even called an ambulance because of my breathing and my chest still isn't 100% now. Took me weeks to get over and would like a test to see if it was coronavirus. If it is it's a real bastard and can see how it would kill people especially those with existing respiratory conditions

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
F.D.A. Approves First Coronavirus Antibody Test in U.S.

The new test, by contrast, looks for protective antibodies in a finger prick of blood. It tells doctors whether a patient has ever been exposed to the virus and now may have some immunity.

That is important for several reasons. People with immunity might be able to venture safely from their homes and help shore up the work force. It may be particularly important for doctors and nurses to know whether they have antibodies.

They have the test but I don't know at this point where to get it. They have it in China and England.

It may make people immune but that's not entirely clear at this point. In theory, it will leave people immune but there's still uncertainty about that.

Now we know here in the US, FOR SOME STRANGE REASON, they took too long in getting the coronavirus test we know they will again be late on this antibody test.

It's a shame, America always brags about being so great but other countries when it counted outperformed America, the greatest country ever.

Ha!

edit on 4-4-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The other reason I think we may have had it is that even though I didn't have strong chest symptoms then beyond a mild cough and tightness in my chest that lasted for a few weeks, I've been having fits with my asthma these past few weeks, and the only other times that has happened to me is after I've gotten some kind of infection in my chest to aggravate it. Most of the time, I barely know I have asthma at all.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I've been having fits with my asthma these past few weeks, and the only other times that has happened to me is after I've gotten some kind of infection in my chest to aggravate it.

Chest x-ray time?

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Thanks for posting links to those articles. Both articles are very informative and make you think. I have to wonder too how many people may already have antibodies in their system and possibly are immune. The article talking about the virus starting in the U.S. is pretty intriguing. I think maybe the mainstream media is getting this thing all wrong.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

The other reason I think we may have had it is that even though I didn't have strong chest symptoms then beyond a mild cough and tightness in my chest that lasted for a few weeks, I've been having fits with my asthma these past few weeks, and the only other times that has happened to me is after I've gotten some kind of infection in my chest to aggravate it. Most of the time, I barely know I have asthma at all.

That’s so scary. With the virus being respiratory, someone with asthma would have a terrible time fighting it off. I hope you’re feeling better soon.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

FWIW, I suspect that it also swept through Australia. At the time, in late January, I didn't connect what I had with Cov2 because there were only a few cases in Australia. This was also before we knew there was more than 1 version of the virus.

The symptoms were exactly what is described for a mild case of Cov2. The striking thing was the symptoms in the throat, I can't say I've ever experienced that before.

The question that I have though is, what does it mean? Does it now mean that I cannot get reinfected by other versions at the moment? Assuming that it hasn't mutated into something almost completely different.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Nah, I've been through this before.

I had a chest cold that developed into bronchitis the year it was terribly dry and there were wildfires out in Western Kansas blowing smoke our way. I got nasty, nasty bronchitis before I finally went to see a doctor and it aggravated my asthma. Even after we got the bronchitis cleared up, I had similar symptoms to this for months after until it settled.

This started back as soon as it got warm and I had an allergy episode, so I'm guessing whatever it was triggered my allergies and my asthma ramped up as part of that. The inhaler controls it and it gets better when we have the house closed down and heater on with allergen filter like we have today.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
And what if I told you, people had this, even as far back an July 2019?

What would you think of all this now?

Leads to the emerging threat, of new apex predator threats...

Look more micro than macro for the next T-Rex

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   

a reply to: Snarl
Nah, I've been through this before.

Good that you've got experience to fall back on. Sorry that you're asthma is a PITA.

Promise us you'll get the x-ray if you feel even a little decline. This ain't something you wanna let lie ... and then find out you're way back in the line for care.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Yeah I was really deathly ill in February, felt like a slightly above average flu. Took 2 weeks to get over. 2 weeks with a 102 - 103 temperature. And probably another 3 weeks coughing up, no exaggeration, black stuff out of my chest. Around December though, one of my employees got sick, landed in the hospital with double pneumonia, legit almost died.

I swear thing add up now. In all the above cases, negative flu test, two of them for me and strep test.

Eta. I will have an antibody test done as soon as it's available, even if it's out of pocket, I want to know.
edit on 4-4-2020 by Oppositeoftruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD

www.usatoday.com...

I copied a link from USA Today with an article on speculation that some people who had a cough in December 2019 actually may have had COVID-19. I found this kind of interesting. I know both I and my husband had bad coughs, a temperature, and sore throats. We figured we had colds, bought some cold medicine, and waited it out. It took 2-3 weeks to go away, and the cough was pretty bad. I’m skeptical though too, because I really don’t think there were any COVID-19 cases in the United States until January. So I don’t know. The article is pretty interesting though.

What do you all think of this? It certainly is more plausible than some of the crap I’m seeing on here.

Same with me. Had a cough, sore throat, a fever that came and went, extreme weakness, and some very weird hand and feet numbness that lasted for almost two months. I am almost certain I had it. I work in the OR at a hospital here in South Carolina and was exposed to a patient with Covid last Tuesday. Have had zero symptoms.
edit on 4-4-2020 by Oathkeeper73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I believe a LOT of us have already had it. The question is, whether we've developed a full immunity to it. Wife had the symptoms big time for about 3 weeks. I didn't know about the red eyes and didn't pay attention to that. Son had a cough and fever for about a week. Daughter and I were unscathed.

Would love antibody tests. If I could know I'm not only immune, but also not a spreader (is that the right word), it would be really helpful, in that I could not only go see my parents in person, but also to help them and others who are older and/or immune compromised.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Don't get your hopes up too soon. They won't be verified for accuracy and specificity until they can get enough samples. Then the tests need to be manufactured in quanity .

Then first responders, and essential workers will be tested first, as it should be.

It will be a while before you can order your home Covid-19 Antibody test.

I want it now too - but it ain't gonna happen.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed
I do think I had Covid during the first week of February. My symptoms matched the symptoms we all read about. It lasted about 5 days then faded. I didn't miss a day of work.

If Covid is as hyper contagious as they say it is, then nearly everyone in NYC has been exposed to it at some point. In a packed subway car you're literally inches away from a stranger's mouth. Which is why the MSM is boasting about case counts. Bc of course that number will be through the roof. That doesnt mean these folks are dying, should be hospitalized, or even showing symptoms necessarily.

And thank you for working and not thinking of others wellbeing, regardless of the illness.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
F.D.A. Approves First Coronavirus Antibody Test in U.S.

The new test, by contrast, looks for protective antibodies in a finger prick of blood. It tells doctors whether a patient has ever been exposed to the virus and now may have some immunity.

That is important for several reasons. People with immunity might be able to venture safely from their homes and help shore up the work force. It may be particularly important for doctors and nurses to know whether they have antibodies.

They have the test but I don't know at this point where to get it. They have it in China and England.

It may make people immune but that's not entirely clear at this point. In theory, it will leave people immune but there's still uncertainty about that.

Now we know here in the US, FOR SOME STRANGE REASON, they took too long in getting the coronavirus test we know they will again be late on this antibody test.

It's a shame, America always brags about being so great but other countries when it counted outperformed America, the greatest country ever.

Ha!

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The wife and I were sick for about two or three days back in early January. Not much of a sickness, cough, slight sore throat, and fever no more than a hundred degrees. We took some zinc lozengers and the wife made some doctor mudges recipe with Kiwi, oranges, grapefruit, and some sugar, and we ate that for about three days. She will make that when we are getting sick. It covers a lot of viruses, including this virus apparently from my research on what is known about the covid19 .

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Here is the problem folks.

On or around March 12th the head of the CDC said on national TV in a Congressional hearing that many in America who they thought died from the traditional flu actually died from coronavirus after they had an autopsy.

Why this wasn’t national big news is beyond me.

Here is the testimony. You'll notice there are no dates talked about. Strange.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join