It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sham Food "Crisis"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Recently I've been seeing celebrities and pro athletes donating meals and money to food banks and the media outlets portraying them as these pious heroes doing their part...meh.

I guess it would be fine if people were actually starving but nobody is starving to death. Second, we already have a national food stamp program. All one needs to do is sign up and they can get it in a matter of days. Either go to a store or just order it for delivery. There is no food shortage and nobody is starving. It's total nonsense.

I would find it more honorable if they just donated 10K 2 liter bottles of Coca Cola since that is the #1 item purchased with food stamps; < snip > good old teeth rotting soda. They were going to buy it anyway so why not save them a few food stamps so they can buy an extra candy bar or bag of chips.

edit on 4/3/20 by Hefficide because: Snipped

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

I have more respect for those who quietly and anonymously make donations to good causes.

Celebrities just like to be SEEN to do good things.

Good points.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa
Ugg, that has been a big pet peeve of mine, and it is worse right now. Not just celebrities. Everyday people, posting everywhere, about donating, this, doing that, to "Help".

Why the hell do you need everyone in the world to know? Does that make you "special?"

NOPE

The people that do that kind of thing, everyday, with no one knowing about it.

They are special.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I heard that people who have no money at all left in Italy are going round to rob people of their shopping after coming out of a supermarket.
I guess whilst there is enough food, there isn't enough money to buy it.
As to the 'celebs' who donate with their name attached, I'd rather starve than help their ego. The frigging self important morons.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Food banks aren't there just for people on food stamps, they help when people are homeless as well via soup kitchens. This virus panic doesn't negate the fact that there are still homeless people.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

There are plenty of wonderful people doing great things because thats just what they do.

I think these "stars" just want to remain relevant and score a few PR points.

Have you seen any of the chat show people doing you tube videos?

No make-up, no audience and no laugh track. They look lost and are showing how terrible they are without teevee magic. Tragic really .

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You do know homeless people use food stamps right. How do you think they get money for drugs. Homeless people rarely ask for food specifically. I would say 99% of the time it's just money. I have never seen a starving homeless person saying please, just some food sir.
edit on 3-4-2020 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
You do know homeless people use food stamps right. How do you think they get money for drugs.

And it's often not enough, which is why there are soup kitchens who in turn get most of their foodstuffs from food pantries.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

It's plenty enough. Enough to sell them for some primo drugs and get some cash out of them. I have never met or seen a homeless person pandering for food. NEVER.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
It's plenty enough.

I'd tell you to come down and help at the kitchen where I volunteer but I don't think you have it in you.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I would help but only to show them how to apply for food stamps and make them empty their pockets of drugs before helping them apply for food stamps. All you are doing is enabling to do more drugs. They are selling the food stamps for drugs and then you are giving them free food. Please tell me that is not happening. If you have an ounce of integrity you won't.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

If you say so tough guy. Pretty sure all the children there were drugged out too, probably slamming black tar before they came in for the meal.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The food banks are one of the best things that happened in this country, a little bit of money gets them lots of product. I am impressed that they spend only about fifteen to twenty cents a pound for their products around here, which covers shipping, all the food is donated. A lot of bang for the buck, around here you just have to show a need for food to qualify. Many people making a livable wage are broke from house and car payments and high utility bills. They are happy it is not just for the poor, they often have less money left out of their paycheck than people on welfare do.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
It's been reported locally here (Boise/Meridian, ID area) that the food banks and charities like the St. Vincent De Paul society have seen quite an increase of families and individuals registering for assistance. With layoffs, children staying home from school who relied on school food programs, etc., there are a lot more hungry people out there. It's sad. Having volunteered at the food bank, I can tell you they know how to stretch a buck like no other organization--definitely a place to donate or volunteer time putting food boxes together, sorting, etc. It's pretty amazing. Those folks are working to help year in and year out.

This may sound strange, but if someone on the street just asks me for money, I like to help when I can, but I also like to suggest they go to the food bank or St. Vincents.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Drug addiction = "let'em die"?
Is that your position? Because that's messed up. You don't choose to be an addict. It's often a wrong decision once, especially with meth, often because people already have psychological or emotional problems.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

If you say so tough guy. Pretty sure all the children there were drugged out too, probably slamming black tar before they came in for the meal.

Plus side, they don't eat much in that condition.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Yeah, heroin chic is still a thing with the poor people's toddlers.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

It's their own fault. People want to be poor so much they choose getting #ed over by life, capitalism, fate... they spread their legs for every bad luck opportunity. And of course it starts with the first bad choice: being born to the wrong parents.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Recently I've been seeing celebrities and pro athletes donating meals and money to food banks and the media outlets portraying them as these pious heroes doing their part...meh.

It's worth noting that not ALL celebrities want the publicity they get when donating to causes like this. If the media finds out, they won't leave it alone even when celebs ask them to, so some celebs have just learned to live with people bad-mouthing them for "earning PR points" and others have taken to using attorneys or organizations to do it without attaching their name. Unfortunately, the media still finds out at times.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I would entirely ban food banks. We already have food stamps but I would also take that away. They would get MRE's just like the military and no selling them. Anyone caught selling them goes directly to jail. Federal crime.

Take it or leave it. The Government can either ship them to your home or one location in the city where they can pick up a case. This would eliminate much food waste and quit enabling drugs addicts to buy more drugs.

<<   2 >>

join