It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In lock down, stay safe everyone.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
We here in Georgia will face statewide "lockdown" starting at 6:00 pm EDT today.
Looks as if our governor was finally bullied into it.
Hank Johnson ?
Maybe.

It doesn't seem to be too restrictive. Just look at the list of what's considered critical infrastructure.
Even if you don't fall into one of those categories, the minimum basic operations list is also pretty extensive.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter_kandra

originally posted by: Gothmog
We here in Georgia will face statewide "lockdown" starting at 6:00 pm EDT today.
Looks as if our governor was finally bullied into it.
Hank Johnson ?
Maybe.

It doesn't seem to be too restrictive. Just look at the list of what's considered critical infrastructure.
Even if you don't fall into one of those categories, the minimum basic operations list is also pretty extensive.

My vape shop may not be , and that what has me really pi__ off.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Read Appendix B carefully. Your shop doesn't appear to be on the list of places that are mandatory to be closed.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Banquo

It sure is. They are building a new set of barracks at the fort across the street from my office. They started in February and they are definitely full steam ahead.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Wish I could be in isolation , but being labeled essential to critical infrastructure , elevator mechanic , I'm driving around downtown all day checking on the operation of elevators. Wearing my ppe and social distancing as much as possible. I'm just worried about bringing it home to my wife.

Kentucky, were I am living, is not in any kind of lock down, but must practice social distancing and many businesses are closed except for groceries , pharmacies, liquor stores, gas station ect.

Police will not come unless there is a burglary in progress or a shooting . Everything else is just reported to be looked at later.

With that, our stats are among the lowest in the country.

infection2020.com...

govstatus.egov.com...

Stay safe out there everyone ! And as or governor says everyday, we will get through this together.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

but being labeled essential to critical infrastructure , elevator mechanic

Of all the essential jobs I can think of , yours ranks way up on the list.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter_kandra

Read Appendix B carefully. Your shop doesn't appear to be on the list of places that are mandatory to be closed.

I ran down there and picked up 5 60ml bottles of my favorite juices , and a box of coils.
I am set for a month.
Not as pi__ed as I originally was.
Working from home without vaping is like a month without sunshine.

edit on 4/3/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   
3rd week here also. Though, it's not mandatory where I am but since I'm working from home and I'm concerned about what this may or may not be... My arse is staying inside until all of this blows over.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Stay safe St Udio. Hope everything will be OK for you. ♥

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Yes it is a very worrying time. My daughter lives in a different state to me. Im losing sleep worrying. Stay safe ♥

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Good that you are so well prepared. Im not that organised. Hope your family are all OK. ♥

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Hope you will be OK. My daughter has applied for welfare but it takes time. I've got some savings for her so she will be OK. She just moved into a cheaper unit which has turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

All the best ♥

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Banquo

Yes essential jobs are thriving. My daughter worked at crown and studies at uni. She has applied at the supermarkets and factories but so far nothing yet.

Hope you work in essential area. ♥

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yes she has along with a million others. It is taking time but the bills are due. Just need patience and we are trying to relax. Very hard at the moment.
edit on 4/4/2020 by NJE777 because: ♥

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

It's a worry, they will probably be the ones to do the wrong thing and not self isolate. ♥

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Also in home isolation here on the West coast of US

We have only been out a few times to shop for food. We don't need to go out again for a few weeks.

So we watch the news and hope for the best for everyone.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Hope your son will be ok. Working delivery he will be coming into contact with a lot of people. Hopefully it's non contact delivery like they are doing here in Australia. ♥

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

For me it is lock down because my daughter can't leave the state and come home to me. They have shut the border. ♥

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

That's great to hear about the kindness you experienced. It is quite rare at the moment. Mist people are just thinking of themselves. Panic buying and even fighting at the supermarkets. It's gone crazy. A lot of elderly people were going without food and necessities because hoarders left nothing on the shelf. No sugar, flour or pasta and toilet paper. Some organisations are helping them though which is good. ♥

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Stay safe and i hope you have all you need. ♥

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join