It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid-19 vaccine developed and working in mice

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Researchers at the University of Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania say they may have a vaccine against the coronavirus

Delivered through a fingertip-sized patch, the vaccine produces antibodies specific to the SARS-CoV-2 “at quantities thought to be sufficient for neutralizing the virus,”

When tested on mice ... researchers say they “seem to be following the same trend” as mice who received the MERS vaccine, who produced antibodies sufficient to ward off the virus for a year

Source

Several Covid-19 vaccines are currently being developed around the world. The good news is that Covid-19 is similar to other known viruses with working vaccines. Researchers at the University of Pittsburgh are already testing one on mice, and it seems to be working.

“We knew exactly where to fight this new virus,” ... Drawing on experience with the SARS and MERS coronaviruses in 2003 and 2014 – close cousins of the virus causing Covid-19 – the researchers zeroed in on a spike protein that is key to inducing immunity

It's only a matter of time now until we have a vaccine against Covid-19.
edit on 4/2/2020 by trollz because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/2/2020 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Its only a matter of time until we have an "untested on humans vaccine"

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I hope it's true, but I have a hard time believing it. There has never been a successful vaccine for a coronavirus. I guess they got close with SARS, then funding ran dry. But 16 years later we still don't have a vaccine for SARS.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
I hope it's true, but I have a hard time believing it. There has never been a successful vaccine for a coronavirus. I guess they got close with SARS, then funding ran dry. But 16 years later we still don't have a vaccine for SARS.
no, the SARS vaccine made animals get pulmonary immuno pathology.

This one is likely to be just as suspect.

You folks can try it 1st

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Its only a matter of time until we have an "untested on humans vaccine"

No.
Vaccines go through a phased testing procedure. All involve human testing.
The first phase is for safety. At least one candidate is currently at that stage.
edit on 4/2/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

really? so there are human controlled studies on this new vaccine? That would be novel.

4 people have been injected, no animal study...right
edit on 2-4-2020 by BlueJacket because: eta

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

You folks can try it 1st

No thank you.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

You folks can try it 1st

No thank you.
Amen!

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

so there are human controlled studies on this new vaccine?

The one in the OP? Not that I'm aware of.

What's your point?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

so there are human controlled studies on this new vaccine?

The one in the OP? Not that I'm aware of.

What's your point?
that was my point...there are no human controlled studies.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I’ve read, I think 4 threads on ATS alone, Of Different labs claiming to have a vaccine.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

We're good then?

Just because it works on mice doesn't mean that it's going to show up as a vaccine for people.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
thats fine, I still wont get vaccinated, but whatever. What they are trying to sell is an annual shot for corona like they try to do with Influenza. As with the flu shot, I will politely decline. But if you do get this shot every year, your chances of catching a cold will go down.

I'll stick with good diet and staying active in lieu of injections.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   

On March 16, 2020, Kaiser Permanente Washington Health Research Institute (KPWHRI) gave the first-ever injection of an investigational vaccine for the 2019 novel coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2, to 4 volunteers participating in a phase 1 federally sponsored clinical trial. https://w ww.kpwashingtonresearch.org/news-and-events/recent-news/news-2020/kaiser-permanente-launches-coronavirus-vaccine-study-seattle

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

They will most likely make these vaccines compulsory (mandatory). That’s why all the fear and social distancing. You won’t be allowed to be within six feet of someone if you don’t have the vaccine. They already have taken extraordinary mesure to stop the spread. I doubt they will let up.

China and Italy and other countries were under mandatory vaccines regulations before this Coronavirus outbreak.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Observationalist
yea well, religious exemption baby. You cannot make a vaccine mandatory for something that mutates every year so I doubt your conclusion will bear fruit.

Im sticking with my original timeline of everyone will be laughing at themselves by May, in regards to these microbes. Now whether we will not be laughing in relation to a different event is something to be seen.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   

They also have a promising vaccine in Australia.

The thing with all of them though is that they're all about 12 months away. If things go exceptionally well maybe 10 months if there's something akin to a miracle, then maybe 8 months.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
yea well, religious exemption baby. You cannot make a vaccine mandatory for something that mutates every year so I doubt your conclusion will bear fruit.

Im sticking with my original timeline of everyone will be laughing at themselves by May, in regards to these microbes. Now whether we will not be laughing in relation to a different event is something to be seen.

I’m definitely not in favor of mandatory vaccines. The CDC is pulling a lot of weight around here recently and they would have the momentum and the support to mandate vaccines. Especially with many of us already willing to give up our rights in the name of safety.

Del Bigtree On Coronavirus And The Coming MANDATORY Vaccination Program

In this video Dan Dicks of Press For Truth speaks with vaccines expert Del Bigtree about the science of the coronavirus and the vaccine manufacturing programs that are being introduced at the same time that laws are being passed that would force individuals to have to get vaccinated!

edit on 2-4-2020 by Observationalist because: Added personal note

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Speculation. What laws have actually passed so far??? Clearly they are building towards it. But the law also says your kids have to be vaccinated to go to school, and yet thousands or more have exemptions for that. I will stay vigilante though, you got a good point. if they make this a plan, than fighting age adults will have to just ignore the orders to view their neighbors and family as their death sentence, get together and have some bond fires at every federal building we can find.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Speculation. What laws have actually passed so far??? Clearly they are building towards it. But the law also says your kids have to be vaccinated to go to school, and yet thousands or more have exemptions for that. I will stay vigilante though, you got a good point. if they make this a plan, than fighting age adults will have to just ignore the orders to view their neighbors and family as their death sentence, get together and have some bond fires at every federal building we can find.

Before this outbreak, here in California my wife and i were in the process of having our kids exemptions reviewed. The state grabbed the records of the doctors in town who were giving exemptions, our doctor was one of them.

Since then we have been planning on moving out of CA because of the crack down on vaccines regulations.

So the exemptions were on fragile ground before this National Emergency.

I’m hoping for the best. But not holding my breath.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join