It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shut the shops and stop joggers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Lets ask what Trump thinks!

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

Actually, you need to make that one for the governor of Kansas.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Define essential : that which absolutely necessary
edit on 30-3-2020 by DoctorBluechip because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

And

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
The obvious solution is to jog inside .

I love that show. 👍

Hey! It's Phage!

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: DBCowboy

Cop: "The park is closed, you have to leave."

Dick: "Make me."

What do you think is going to happen next?

I have an uncontrollable coughing fit and the fine officer raises his hands and slowly backs away?

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks
Creepy kind of Beta male thing to do.
Why not try to be a team player here. Grow up.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

I was wondering if anybody got that.

John Lithgow can play any part .

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

He is hot without his trenchcoat on

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
A young woman in England killed herself because of the Coronavirus panic and lockdown... but I hope everyone's happy that she just stfu and followed orders.

Another woman was killed by her husband in lockdown. I sure hope everyone's happy that she just STFU and followed orders.

How many other women and children are being subjected to physical abuse and violence? But it's okay, right? As long as they just STFU and follow orders for everyone else's protection.

There are many many reasons why these authoritarian orders may not be in some people's best interests. And may even cause them to lose life or limb. But as long as they just STFU and follow orders, what does anyone else care?

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I think I'll run on down to Bomgaars and get that can of CRC cleaner I've been meaning to get. Thanks for the pep talk OP.

P.S. I think I'll stop by The Dollar store and grab a few packages of Oreos while I'm at it. You know, fatties gotta fatty!
edit on 30-3-2020 by BoscoMoney because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

And the herd will thin itself.

edit on 30-3-2020 by IrateCanadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

Cop: "The park is closed, you have to leave."

Dick: "Make me."

What do you think is going to happen next?

Next will be the cop will violate my personal space. I will cough, and he will be at risk to get the virus, or I will. He will throw me in jail in close proximity to others where I am much more likely to get the virus myself. The best possible place to be, outside an urban area like NYC where you smell every fart, is outside in the open air.

Don't worry. I won't be inviting you to dinner. My cats walk on the countertops and jump on the dining room table, having just visited the litter box with little pieces of litter between their toes, and maybe some e. coli and fecal matter they they lick off before breathing on you. They've been doing this for over 50 years, which may be why my immune system is in such robust shape. And even if I were to get this virus my chances of dying from it (in the USA today) is about 1.75%.

Oddly enough, my own risk of dying within a year is about 2.55%, which is much higher than my risk from dying of our new virus.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: IrateCanadian

And the heard will thin itself.

No. The herd will be thinned.

But if you really believe that serves any purpose, then let it be done on level playing field of people's own free will. Let those who want to protect themselves do so as they deem fit. And let those who choose not to protect themselves do as they will.

Let the government do what it has the legitimate power and authority to do, starting with the vast majority of mortgages which it owns, granting a 3- or 6-month forebearance to homeowners, with the payments tacked on to the end of the loan.

If government must intervene and/or interfere, then let them exercise their muscle on fictional legal entities called corporations. Cancel large commercial events such as concerts and festivals. Require schools from kindergarten to universities to switch to online learning. Order any and all employees who can work from home, to work from home. Order any and all companies that can conduct their business online to do so. Order restaurants to close dining rooms and provide takeout or delivery only.

Identify appropriate buildings that can be easily adapted to temporary hospitals, from high school gymnasiums to empty warehouses. Erect mobile hospitals or urgent care centers in parking lots.

There are better ways to accomplish the same thing... well, IF the goal is to slow the spread and not take away rights.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Identify appropriate buildings that can be easily adapted to temporary hospitals, from high school gymnasiums to empty warehouses. Erect mobile hospitals or urgent care centers in parking lots.

That is being done, actually. For example:
www.kcra.com...

Local and state governments are exercising their emergency powers. Powers granted them by local and state law.

edit on 3/30/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Thank you for the link. I hadn't seen that.

And it's about damn time!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   

New York is not unique.

(Try saying that 10 times fast)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Local and state governments are exercising their emergency powers. Powers granted them by local and state law.

I'm very glad to see it. Locals are always better able to address their particular needs with their particular resources and their particular people.

Not to say they can't screw it up too! But all things equal, the more local, the more appropriate and effective. The Feds screw up everything.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   

a reply to: Fallingdown

How many times do I have to tell you?

Seriously I have no idea what you’re talking about .

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

You mean , they're not already doing most of that over there ?

Is trump crazy ? The UK had requisitioned hotels for hospitals last month , we re doing all your .. suggestions ? Already ?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join