It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I personally know an MD (trama surgeon and ER lead)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Ya, we have 900 within 50 miles. 80+ in hospital, 52 of those in ICU, I think 19 dead, at least 8 emerg room docs out of commission

So , where are the other 740 (82%) or so ?
Serious question.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Ya, we have 900 within 50 miles. 80+ in hospital, 52 of those in ICU, I think 19 dead, at least 8 emerg room docs out of commission

Serious question.

At home obviously.

Your point?

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Serious question.

At home obviously.

Your point?

Why so defensive ?
There was no underlying , nefarious reason.

I guess my question should have been , "what is the status of the 740 or so ?"

edit on 3/29/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

media scare is the only thing out of control right now....

people at the local timmies are waring masks... the lady at the window actually looked scared

"They're predicting over 100k dead from covid-19" she says... I give her a half grin... good lord, as I shake my head

we have 4 cases where I live, yet people are making it seem like theres bodies in the streets...

I know someone who had this bloody bug, shes perfectly fine, but she admits it wasn't pleasant

get a frickin grip people... this isn't the apocalypse ffs

Ya, we have 900 within 50 miles. 80+ in hospital, 52 of those in ICU, I think 19 dead, at least 8 emerg room docs out of commission, and dozens of other health care workers.

Since connecting with friends today via phone, I know of 5 infected now, people I know personally, and 5 others through friends, 2 dead in Japan.

So yo..you better get a grip.

What's the population of your city?

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

"They're predicting over 100k dead from covid-19" she says... I give her a half grin... good lord, as I shake my head

We get 60-80K dead in the US alone every year from the normal flu. Just sayin'

Of course... and this is definitely worse then the flu... but again, it isn't the black plague like the media will have you believe...

Nasty bugs happen, people die from them unfortunately... but you literally can't do anything without hearing about this...

its ridiculous...

wash your hands, keep clear of people for a while... this will all pass in time...

scaring people to the point of insanity is not necessary

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel

media scare is the only thing out of control right now....

people at the local timmies are waring masks... the lady at the window actually looked scared

we have 4 cases where I live, yet people are making it seem like theres bodies in the streets...

I know someone who had this bloody bug, shes perfectly fine, but she admits it wasn't pleasant

Ya, we have 900 within 50 miles. 80+ in hospital, 52 of those in ICU, I think 19 dead, at least 8 emerg room docs out of commission, and dozens of other health care workers.

Since connecting with friends today via phone, I know of 5 infected now, people I know personally, and 5 others through friends, 2 dead in Japan.

So yo..you better get a grip.

What's the population of your city?

About 2.5 million. within a roughly 50 mile radius, Vancouver area and suburbs

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Cool. So lets add 100k to that.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Serious question.

At home obviously.

Your point?

Why so defensive ?

Ha,
seemed kind of obvious where the un-hospitalised would be.

We have been somewhat locked down, going on a couple weeks, was a progressive thing..no goon squad knocking on doors, or pulling people over though.
I have 0 doubt the #s would be far worse if not.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: sobored
I'm well beyond 50.

My experience is different. Myself, my mother's doctor, and nurses did not enter her room without donning full protective gear. It was heartbreaking to not be able to actually make contact with her.

This in no way diminishes the level of health crisis caused by COVID19, but hyperbole does not help.

I never actually saw that level of it used but there are various stages of PPE in hospitals, including full hazmat gear as you well know. The one I worked for required annual training for it for every employee and even in IT we had to wear specific PPE if we went into patient rooms or other areas that required it. We called them "bunny suits". I was often irritated to be made to wear those while OR staff would wear their booties all over the hospital and right back into the OR where you weren't supposed to. Double-standards and all.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I guess my question should have been , "what is the status of the 740 or so ?"

I have no idea, I have no privy to their medical records. I can only guess they are healthy enough to isolate/recover at home, and of course some are asymptomatic.

At least one of my friends is asymptomatic, three others hit pretty hard..youngsters too, 2 of them, in mid 20's.

edit on 29-3-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk"Bob, the scariest part is...we just don't know."
Then he asked me a question...he said "How many times have you went to your doctor when you had the flu?".

I answered..."Practically none, almost never!"

He said, "alright, never mind; how many times have you gone to your PCP during flu season, for whatever reason???"

My answer: "Well, lots of times, for med checks and so many other things"

His response:....:...."EXACTLY...and did you ever see your doctors and nurses in full Hazmat ABC gear, like you do now???????

So basically you are saying that these doctors and nurse don't know why they are wearing hazmat suits but just do that as precaution.

And for regular appointments I don't see them wearing these suits at the moment. Not here where I am, nor in my home country.

And I have seen them wearing that twice. Same dude coming back with some weird stuff from 2 different jungles. They wear that as they did not have a clue what it was, not because they exactly knew what it was. We had some good laughs about that.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Of course you know a guy.😉

Hell, when I was in my motorcycle wreck the doctors and staff always wore full gear to change my dressings, even family and friends had to suit up to come in the room.

Oh and I have a doctor friend too who runs the mayo clinic in Arizona.

🤡

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Serious question.

At home obviously.

Your point?

Why so defensive ?

Ha,

We have been somewhat locked down, going on a couple weeks, was a progressive thing..no goon squad knocking on doors, or pulling people over though.

You missed my edit

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I'm saying that the claim that full protective gear in hospitals is unheard of is crap.

Do you want me to repeat myself a few more times?

It's obviously not unheard of, but it is rare especially for things like the flu. The difference with CV19 is that it's new and very effective at spreading, so it would make sense for the doctors and nurses to wear full protective gear, because they are the last people we want sick right now.

Having said that, I watched this video from ABC News Australia titled "What is it like to actually have coronavirus?". They interview a women who got CV19 and she says "It felt like a bit of a con to be honest, we had to walk into hospital feeling fairly healthy yet everyone's in hazmat suits".

I've watched several other video's from people who have CV19 and if I was told they only had a mild flu I would totally believe it. In some cases you can barely even tell they are sick. Considering the average age of CV19 deaths in Italy was about 80, it's pretty clear this virus is only strong enough to kill fairly old people or people with pre-existing conditions.

This is why I still believe this panic is being blown way out of proportion and at this point the solution is clearly doing more damage than the virus its self. Yes there are a couple of cases where younger people have died, and these one-off cases are used by fearmongering fools to claim "look young people should be scared because it can kill you too".

Sorry but I'm still not scared and I'm not buying into your propaganda. Closing all these businesses and telling young people to stay inside all day is utterly ridiculous. If older people are scared then they can self-isolate, most older people are already retired and in a position to make it through the quarantine, most young people are not.

I've seen so many people lose their jobs already, lives totally ruined and shattered, futures completely uncertain... but all that's totally fine so long as older folks can feel just a bit safer while the world burns and their children and grandchildren are left to rebuild after they're gone. It's selfish and entitled to halt the world economy over something so tame.

Of course I'm fully willing to admit I was wrong if they're willing to admit the virus was bio-engineered or there's something about it which is worth being truly scared about. But my opinion is absolutely not going to change in the meantime. The amount of suffering I have seen as a result of the panic far outweighs any suffering I have seen as a direct result of CV19.
edit on 29/3/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Pseudomanas was mentioned in one medical paper - i read such early - when the covid 19 was first reported..

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   

a reply to: schuyler

Cool. So lets add 100k to that.

What's this season's flu death count looking like thus far? How are the numbers stacking up?

Not being an ass, just curious to see if they're higher or lower than normal so far.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Are you willing to bet your soul on that opinion?

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

Can't speak for him, but I'll bet mine on it. And technically speaking, I'm part of the high risk group (med-resistant uncontrollable high blood pressure & family history of cardiovascular problems)

While I'm here again, anybody find the current flu season stats yet? I really am curious to see where those stand.
edit on 3/29/2020 by Nyiah because: Daddy gubmint gonna buy me a new laptop keyboard in a few weeks, this one's starting to die. Maybe it has Covid19.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Serious question.

At home obviously.

Your point?

Why so defensive ?

Ha,

You missed my edit

I did address your edit, a few post down from the one you replied to

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

yup...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join