It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hospitals across U.S. consider universal do-not-resuscitate orders for coronavirus patients

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

I wish it wasn’t this simple but it is.

Ratings, Clicks, Ad Revenue, and Political Propaganda.

Fear and politics make money. The common flu doesn’t add ratings, clicks or ad revenue. And the flu can’t be used as political propaganda.

I imagine that many of those conversations are happening based on the overhyped panic that the MSN has been peddling. It appears that we still have supples available and will likely be getting more to the hospitals that need them before they actually have to make these types of decisions with Coronavirus.

These discussions might actually help in the long run, as someday we may actually have a disease that lives up to the current hype that Coronavirus will never live up to.

edit on 26-3-2020 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Total chaos if you believe the media

That is the job of the media. To create chaos and hype so they can sell their advertising space for more money.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:15 AM
link   
The only firs world country to make Healthcare a business and not human rights. We are starting to get a feel for the frailty in that model.

It's gonna take a lot of deaths for a change or to pry off the tics and leeches in big pharma

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

Total chaos if you believe the media

That is the job of the media. To create chaos and hype so they can sell their advertising space for more money.

I guess it's the same hype in Italy s. Korea and Spain...

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy

Why do Americans always have to go one step too far, seriously, that sorts BS will make it to Australia within a week.

Hysterical hypochondria......

Yanks don’t want a day off, thrive on drama.

If pearl clutching was an Olympic event and we still had Olympic Games, Americans would be gold medalists.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   

It's a question of capacity.

There are only so many critical care hospital beds in the entire nation.

Because this is a novel virus, we can expect that most of us will get it sooner or later. True, most of us (roughly 80%) will get mild symptoms we can deal with at home on our own.

However, the other 20% will get severe symptoms that will require medical support.

Because this is a novel virus, it will come through in a wave of infection meaning everyone who will get it will tend to get pretty much all at once. So most of the severe and critical cases will happen very close together in a short period of time. Do the math for any one area with a high number of people like New York City, and you can easily overwhelm the numbers of hospital beds available to take care of those people who will need advanced medical support.

Not enough beds and supplies and staff to care for them.

Now consider that the standard need for that hospital from all the other reasons people will need it doesn't quit, and the situation looks even worse.

Now consider that it takes a person with severe illness weeks to get out of the hospital ...

If we had standard herd immunity so that this thing trickled through like the flu does, this would not be a problem, but we don't.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   

More people have strokes per year and have longer Hospital stays than that. What about heart patients and heart surgery?

Most heart attack patients don't stay in the hospital that long. I had a heart attack in late February of last year. I was only in the hospital for 3 days. One of my cousins who had a heart attack about 6 months later also only spent 3 days in the hospital. Heck, even my old Dad who almost died and was in ICU with his heart attack was only in the hospital for 6 days.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah when did the flu kill a thousand people in two weeks?
Just stop.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   

They are telling us how serious it is. Some people just aren't listening and worse are telling others not to listen either.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Yeah when did the flu kill a thousand people in two weeks?
Just stop.

1918 although I am not convinced this one is quite that severe.
edit on 26-3-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

FYI: Guarino and Butler are two of the most hype-prone, fear-mongering reporters in America.

Sounds like an opinion to me.
Stop telling people not to listen!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

And the amount of equipment and supplies required per case is astronomical.

Our preparation for any pandemic at the corporate/government level has been a joke. Our response to this pandemic has been a joke. Our leaders, on both sides of the aisle, are jokes. We are jokes for allowing ourselves to be led by feckless, chinless, impotent losers.

The Walking Dead was predictive programming. Even the progressive left are arming themselves and getting ready for what comes next.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The flu kills More than 1000 in two weeks sometimes(in the US)....
And the Spanish Flu killed 60k plus a day( world wide mind you)
This isn’t something to ignore; but it’s also not something to collapse reality over either.....

CDC flu stats

More facts not hysteria

edit on 26-3-2020 by SeektoUnderstand because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

And does so many times faster than COVID19. You simply have no idea what a resource sink each COVID19 patient admission represents to a hospital, compared to influenza. This is a nuclear bomb on a long timer and if something swift and decisive isn't done, it will completely destroy our healthcare system for a generation.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

You mean like use the “printable” money out government wastes on sanctuary cities and other nonessential nonsense; to like actually do something useful?

Or how about give us some solid number, pictures, stories that aren’t all over the place and scripted?

Or maybe since it’s 12 YEARS after an outbreak, maybe use some of the money that senators keep ( for the remainder of their life after service) to fund a healthcare system that is already the most profitable in the world??

I mean come on HOW MUCH WARNING AND MONEY DOES ONE NEED TO PREPARE!!!??

What would happen if a foreign invader came here today?? I mean our military spends TRILLIONS a year potentially; and for what??? What is the outcome? This?

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

First off, if these statistics are right, then nobody is recovering. Only 394 cases where people recovered? That sounds like an insane number to me. It also says 67,063 are active cases and 1,032 deaths!! That means barely anyone who has gotten coronavirus has recovered.

What we need is the info telling us how many of those are currently in the hospital and what their condition is.
But for some reason we aren't allowed that info.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Why can't we handle 68,489 cases? What if there was a mild flu outbreak? Would we have to shut everything because of that?

I assume it's because it's a lot worse than just a mild flu.
The beds are filling up.
The covid patients need those beds longer than anyone else.

So on top of the covid patients we still have all those people who need beds for other reasons.
lack of beds and medical personal is the real problem here.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

Frankly, that makes no sense.

If all of these people are recovered and just have mild symptoms then that's just a few thousand cases across the Country.

If that's the case, then why are they talking about not resuscitating COVID patients? Why are they talking about morgues and hospitals being overrun? Why are they having all of these shortages if only a few thousand get really sick?

Either it's being massively overhyped or they're not telling us how serious it really is.

Everyday I become more and more suspicious, things just don't add up.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

They aren’t telling us or letting us see any evidence; because then they can make this whatever they want..... there will be a time for “I told you so” but it won’t be the hospital.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

The vast majority of those who contract Covid-19 are "mild" cases, not requiring hospitalization.

Can you link to info on how many are currently in the hospital for covid?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join