It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who’s to blame for the ventilator and mask shortages . It ain’t us

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That was the message I got from the interview. He was basically that guy waving his hands trying to het the groups attention...hey guys I think I got something here! He wanted more peoples eyes on it and more ability to replicate and prove it. But I'd say 100% of 350 treated is a good place to start.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

But I'd say 100% of 350 treated is a good place to start.

I'd say the claim is likely to be bogus.

There are a few controlled studies, from France and China. These studies show some promise. These controlled studies show no where near 100% success rates. These drugs, which are approved for other purposes, can be prescribed by any doctor. Any doctor can prescribe them for treatment of any patient they think it might help.

edit on 3/25/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Because they are all grandstanding and it's Bernie's turn?

Can't we fire them all into the sun yet? Asking for everyone.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Surveyor7
a reply to: rickymouse

More than likely the same people who were responsible for not restocking the PPE and other items during the 0bama administration are still working there today.

You are probably right, they probably got used to the lower inventory and didn't even ask for more. That is how things happen.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I guess sense the topic that started this was about ventilators, I am the only wonder why New York needs 30,000 ventilators? That's more the current death toll of THE WORLD in this one city.

I don't mean this rudely, just wondering FOR REAL how they could justify the need so many ventilators.
Like, really I want to know.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   
yeah...did some number crunching and New York is being really STUPID.
Google say the population is 8.626 million. I think the 30,000 ventilators, is a super high number but if we assume 1/2 population got the virus...and again that's a ridiculousness high number to assume, that would be 4.313 million people with corona, the CDC is estimating about a 1% death rate, or 43,000 (this number is for the year) ....So super , super , super worse case if we believe all the hype is 43,000 for the year in NY, yet he want 30,000 now, because this all happens in a day....WTF

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Eben51

Dead people don't need ventilators.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 03:01 AM
link   
What's to blame for it? Math.

The world has been too overpopulated for a crisis like this for a very long time and we were just living lucky and didn't know it.
edit on 26-3-2020 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

FFS - read your own sources - there are no " 16k ventilator stockpile"

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Don't have an intelligent answer to a sincere question?...Just scream "Racist"...and act proud.
So typical of the Left.

YOU...no surprise.
Phage...I used to expect better...though not so much these days.

So you're just making things up now.

"Racist" appears nowhere in my post, or are we to assume that the non-stop "Orange Man Bad" comments from you and your ilk are really just you incessantly screaming "Racist", thus, you're merely projecting here

You've already shown countless times that you can't tell the difference between a fiscal conservative and "the Left", so it's no surprise that you again show your lack of intuition with your poor assumptions.
edit on 3/26/20 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Eben51

and the question remains - what use are 30k ventilators - when you only have 2000 patients requiring ventilation ?

people need to get thier heads around the fact - that we cannot stockpile the solution to everything - for everyone

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

No, but we could print solutions to the problem, if 3d printing were ever taken to its logical conclusion.

Nowhere near ready or equipped to do so in the real world all the same.

Some problems will always present issues without quick solutions, but the thing is, both our respective nations had plans drawn up and refined over the years regarding an epidemic such as this and choose to do little to nothing over the past 100 years because it simply never happened again up until now.

edit on 26-3-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

During those seven years the Obama administration was remiss in their duties .
Yes. I know.

And the Trump administration apparently was too. Best economy ever, but they didn't fix the problem.

“ Apparently” was a good choice of words. Because the Obama administration had four more years of failure to complete the task . So will never truly know .

But it is interesting that your defense of Obama is.

He’s just as reliable as Trump .

“ A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother “. Lol

Edit;

It appears there have been some amendments to that act .

(1), including non-pharmaceutical supplies, and, in consultation with the Public Health Emergency Medical Countermeasures Enterprise established under section 300hh–10a of this title, review contents within the stockpile and assess whether such contents are consistent with the recommendations made pursuant to section 300hh–10a(c)(1)(A) of this title. Such review shall be submitted on June 15, 2019, and on March 15 of each year thereafter, to the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions and the Committee on Appropriations of the Senate and the Committee on Energy and Commerce and the Committee on Appropriations of the House of Representatives,

(5) GAO report
(A) In generalNot later than 3 years after June 24, 2019, and every 5 years thereafter, the Comptroller General of the United States shall conduct a review of any changes to the contents or management of the stockpile since January 1, 2015. Such review shall include—

It appears Trump was not out of compliance with Strategic stockpile national security act but Obama sure was .

edit on 26-3-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Read the sources I quoted .

Fourth paragraph

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:20 AM
link   
STILL blaming Obama for the current potus failings?

You people are amazing.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I though we are taught not to rely on your government?

The Democrats will make you sick during budget time.

Ventilators will be call for , but they want money for LGBTQ.

Infrastructure will need improvements. but dems want money to go to BLM causes

Dems demand all this weird stuff or they walk away like babies.

Didint pelosi make sure some liberal arts institution was funded before releasing the Corona virus package?

They demand the weirdest things...

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 05:40 AM
link   

i did - it says nothing new - you are still wrong

there is no 16K ventilators

you claimed they were bought and left in boxes - thats utter bollox

GET OVER IT

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

first question - who would operate and maintain +16k ventilators ???

next - initial outlay = $550 million

thats just bare units

add consumables and periodic calibratoion // service [ even when unused ]

and the killer - ventilators are only any use for a limited range of disasters

and are a white elephant the rest of the time

assuming you buy +16k ventilators

what about all the other senarios - where no ammont of ventilators will help ?????????

and infact that $550 million - is now tied up in useless ventilators - when you need other stuff for the issue de jour

I was refuting your scenario on expenditures. Pointing out that there wouldn’t be operating and maintenance cost because they’d stick them in surplus .

As far as it being a white elephant. Read my source it was a stock pile for a severe pandemic .

Why are you so angry ?

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Obama was stockpiling alright. He was stockpiling all kinds of ammo to kill Americans. He made sure your local dog catcher had enough ammo to kill every dog and his master..

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I guess what is the point of blaming anyone. Obviously there is an issue or an underestimation of need.

The Major issue most people have is expending all their energy on who to blame when they could be putting forth positive energy into making the problem right.

At least to my knowledge all the people involved in this thing are human and we all make mistakes. I have not seen any evidence that would suggest that the numbers were not brought up because of malicious behavior. Unless that is proven there was something sinister going on, we need to make it right for not only now but the future.

Once again something that people rely on the Government for didn't work out, when are people going to expect this rather than be surprised.

Could be a opportunity for a private sector supply company to jump in the game and get involved with stockpiling more of these supplies.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join