It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elderly Abortion is OK?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Isn't that what we are hearing?

What happened to LIFE precious life?

Now all we hear is the old/sick are expendable, the economy is not.

www.yahoo.com...

Tucker, no one reached out to me and said, ‘As a senior citizen, are you willing to take a chance on your survival in exchange for keeping the America that all America loves for your children and grandchildren?’ And if that’s the exchange, I’m all in,” Patrick said, later adding, “My message is, let’s get back to work. Let’s get back to living. Let’s be smart about it, and those of us who are 70-plus, we’ll take care of ourselves.”

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Would any of these politicians be for this if the economy had zero effect on their career?

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

How is dying from catching a virus the same as abortion? A virus is nature weeding out the weak and abortion is murdering a perfectly healthy child because you are inconvenienced by it. Just asking

(post by BlackberryRabbit removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   

How do we measure a society that does not protect the weak? Especially the old among us. We are not a worthy people if we do this. Not if we could save them from dying like this.

We cant save them from death in the long run. Sure. We are sacrificing their dignity though. Its a hell of a way to go.

Vexing times for sure.

edit on 24-3-2020 by HelloboysImbackguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   
We should be taking steps to try to protect the elderly and those who might be susceptible to the virus.

However, creating a global depression is not a solution.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   

How is dying from catching a virus the same as abortion? A virus is nature weeding out the weak and abortion is murdering a perfectly healthy child because you are inconvenienced by it. Just asking

Just another example of extreme measures people resort to in
order to sound righteous to themselves.
edit on 24-3-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

No. Abortion is a host refusing to provide a safe and healthy environment for someone who would to be too expensive to maintain and who won't be working, just taking for years and years, should they have been born.

Right now, according to some, protecting the elderly is too expensive, and anyway, the elderly are expensive to maintain under good circumstances. Most aren't working, are takers with their disability and Social Security, and are not adding to the economy.

They should just suck it up and take one for team. FOR THE CHILDREN, FOR GOD"S SAKE!

edit on 24-3-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The reality is you can't protect everyone. People die. That is a fact of life. Some people die of natural causes. Some die from terrible accidents and other screwed up circumstances.

This shut down has cost us TRILLIONS. This is insanity.

It would have been far easier to just tell the elderly to use caution and shelter in place if possible. Far cheaper to have stores, businesses, etc take extra steps to ensure people aren't spreading germs around. Hand washing stations. More sanitizer.

30,000 people die every year in car accidents. We could reduce that number to zero if people just walked everywhere. Of course, we know not driving is not a solution. We accept that some people might die. It doesn't prevent people from driving 80mph on the freeway while yucking it up on bluetooth.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   
At first, we looked after everyone, all as one, the same. As equals. Brother sister, father mother, aunt uncle, grandparents alike. And there was no choice. We were all as one.

But then the virus came... And it would infect us all, but it was the elderly that it would kill the most.
So we had to make a choice.
Us, or them.
And we chose us.

Then the virus turned, and it was the middle aged who were at risk.
Once more we had to make a choice.
Us, or them.
And we chose us.

Then the virus turned yet again, and it was people of my age who were at risk.
And finally, once more, we had to make a choice...
Us, or them...

And I chose only me.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   
It reminds me of the way communists feel about their unproductive citizens. They don’t value life and neither do the progressive left.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

It's more like more and more people value their lives..
They're not really that concerned with anyone else's.
Ya, they may care about a few people, their spouse, their kids, their friends.. but only because they are a positive part of their lives that they want to hold onto.
The progressive left, the alt right, the libertarian. The conservative, the liberal, the religious...
The sickness dwells in every group.
Case in point..
Its trump and the republicans that are valuing their stock holdings and bank accounts over everyone. And i say everyone because this idea that it's only endangering the old and feeble seems to be proving not to be so.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Over the last 3 years I've been unable to keep track of how many times I've seen conservatives/republicans/libertarians on this site say "Now the left is truly unmasked for who they are. We've known it all along, but now they're not even hiding it."

Well, today is the day that those same people have let us know they believe the value of the dollar is more important than the value of human life. They're truly unmasked for who they are. We've known it all along, but now they're not even hiding it.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I can see why so many elderly find the "must protect the elderly at all costs" spiel to be so damned offensive.

Nobody's bothering to listen to them in the first place about their POV on all this. That's dismissive AF. For people who claim to want to do the right thing, maybe it's time to STFU and stop speaking for the ones you won't LET speak.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I can see why so many elderly find the "must protect the elderly at all costs" spiel to be so damned offensive.

Nobody's bothering to listen to them in the first place about their POV on all this. That's dismissive AF. For people who claim to want to do the right thing, maybe it's time to STFU and stop speaking for the ones you won't LET speak.

No one is silencing them.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   

No, that’s not how it works. The term you’re looking for is eldercide. Sort of like Logan’s Run except they want to sacrifice your grandmother to the economic gods.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer

originally posted by: Nyiah

No one is silencing them.

Yeah they are, when the deafening concern trolling drowns out the people trying to speak for themselves. Many older members on here have put their two cents' worth forth about making virus & economy related choices for themselves, but I bet no one on this thread can name them. They're not exactly lurker members, either, we know these posters well.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: maria_stardust

No, that’s not how it works. The term you’re looking for is eldercide. Sort of like Logan’s Run except they want to sacrifice your grandmother to the economic gods.

Now we know who the Sandmen are and they don’t even care.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:55 AM
link   

They will only care once this disease kills someone they know and love. Until then it will continue to remain indifference.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Isn't it interesting how people "views" suddenly change when confronted with life altering circumstances? It's not that it is unexpected but people always use the "atheist in a fox hole" example. What about god fearing christians turning a blind eye to misery for a couple of shekels?

edit on 25-3-2020 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join