It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will states close their own borders?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

That doesn't matter. Every state already has the virus. Closing state borders does nothing but add to the already stupid level of panic.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
a reply to: JAGStorm

Closing state borders does nothing but add to the already stupid level of panic.

The unprecedented (that word again) panic is more contagious than the virus itself.

Back in 2009, despite the UK tabloids' best efforts, claiming we were running and screaming to the hills...

... it was more or less literally business as usual, especially without Facebook and Twitter at popular enough levels to stoke a wider panic, and hence the hospitals managed to cope.

It's a vicious conundrum - panic fills the hospitals, hence the need for lock-downs to control hospital intakes, leaving us financially crippled.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Canada is closing our Provincial Borders soon. May be as early as this week.

Wonder how they are going to regulate this.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I think it could be done with the National Guard perhaps, it would no be legal as the constitution gives the federal government the power to regulate interstate commerce. Maybe a county could do it legally?

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I for one am totally for Georgia closing it's borders.
But not exactly for the same reason.
That would be a thread on it's own

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuperDave90
I think it could be done with the National Guard perhaps, it would no be legal as the constitution gives the federal government the power to regulate interstate commerce. Maybe a county could do it legally?

I guess we are going to see what happens with NY, NJ right....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join