It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State's are lying about Coronavirus but they have no choice

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: infolurker

I don't know about azithromycin as antibiotics are useless against viruses.
The hydrochloroquine is used to combat malaria and is experimental as far as Corona virus goes but yes they are testing that now.

Treatments are going to come quicker than cures or vaccines but if we can lessen the symptoms in the critically ill that will be a big plus towards lowering the death rate.

Exactly ... I thought I read somewhere the azithromycin was used to combat secondary infections not sure have read so many articles I'll see if I can find it. At least it's a ray of hope right?

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouAreLiedTo
My hospital has had cases we can't document because the county is blocking information due to patient confidentiality.

We have a FOIA request in process as I type.

People have a right to know.

Same thing happening here. In fact our county health department announced today our first county death due to covid-19 but it wasn't one of the only 2 confirmed cases they've been telling us we have. They denied the first confirmed case for an entire week, now they had to announce that someone died from it and oh yeah they tested positive "but we weren't informed" BULL! How would the health dept not be informed of positive tests especially since they keep telling us they have a team of people working 24 hrs to keep info up to date and in constant communication with the 2 main hospitals here.

For reference I'm in New York state and it's real bad near New York city my local college is full of kids from the city where they all went home for spring break a week and a half or so ago when things started getting bad, then came back here. Also come to find out my county is refusing tests unless you're sick enough to have to be admitted to the hospital AND have had exposure. Its insane.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ML8715

I've been in contact with some local nyc residences...

No offense, but I've been screaming to people for weeks, your area is proper #ed..

We finally have a line open with your governor.

I've gained a huge deal of respect for Cuomo.

He legit cares about your area and is listening to recommendations... His hands are tied in many ways...

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
That newsweek article about the military plans is fearmongering nonsense. Oh the Defense Secretary sent an order telling the military to be prepared. Spooky!

Thank you. I was going to reply to that earlier but I couldn't keep my response within the rules.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Yeah, me too.

While I am not discounting the virus and its potential, I believe we need to pay more attention to the mechanics of what has been set into motion.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

The administration has had emergency powers for quite some time.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

To me it appears Trump is resisting having to invoke measures whereby he is going to look like he is part of the problem. In my opinion, he is wasting time in not insisting that cities are locked down and allowing people to leave their homes for provisions or necessary travel only.

Then again, I am from the U.K, so it’s none of my business really.

edit on 21/3/20 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

In my opinion, he is wasting time in not insisting that cities are locked down and allowing people to leave their homes for provisions or necessary travel only.
Very difficult for him to do that.

Then again, I am from the U.K, so it’s none of my business really.
The system is somewhat different, I think.

edit on 3/21/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand
How about thisbDoctor lies about ICU being full of young people

And I personally know someone that works at this location

So who do we believe?

Does the person you know say the doctor is lying?

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yes it is different. We don’t have states, we have Counties and our Prime Minister has direct responsibility for the health of all his citizens.

I appreciate that unless federal laws are made, then his hands are tied. But he should be recommending it and allowing states to decide if they follow guidance or not.

When death tolls reach astronomical proportions, people will be questioning why he didn’t do more. Or maybe they won’t. He can do no wrong in many people’s eyes.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   

But he should be recommending it and allowing states to decide if they follow guidance or not.

Yeah. That's what is happening because that's the way the system works.

He can do no wrong in many people’s eyes.
Not these ones. But in this case I support the administration's recommendations. We'll see what Congress comes up with as far as actions go.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

When death tolls reach astronomical proportions,

How many would that be in your opinion?

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

When death tolls reach astronomical proportions, people will be questioning why he didn’t do more. Or maybe they won’t. He can do no wrong in many people’s eyes.

might probably get grilled after it has all settled maybe even during..

but he does kind of have to baby to the general public. A person is smart but people are idiots, and he has people with guns.. a wrong move thats too drastic and you'd probably have something to worry about more than a virus.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Scientists were warning of 200,000- 250,000 in the U.K if the Government continued with the stance they were following. It could still reach those figures, with a population of 68 million.

The U.S has almost 6 times that population so over a million could be feasible. Is that large enough for you?

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: choos

might probably get grilled after it has all settled maybe even during..

but he does kind of have to baby to the general public. A person is smart but people are idiots, and he has people with guns.. a wrong move thats too drastic and you'd probably have something to worry about more than a virus.

He doesn’t take being grilled very well does he?

Interesting times ahead for the President. He has lot’s of beautiful testing kits though, I heard him say it.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Is he recommending cities lockdown? I haven’t come across that, so a link would be useful for people.

ETA - He is recommending gatherings should be limited to less than 50 people.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Lockdowns are not called for in all places. Here are the recommendations. The first is to follow local directives.

"In states with evidence of community transmission, bars, restaurants, food courts, gyms, and other indoor and outdoor venues where groups of people congregate should be closed."

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Lockdowns are not called for in all places. Here are the recommendations. The first is to follow local directives.

"In states with evidence of community transmission, bars, restaurants, food courts, gyms, and other indoor and outdoor venues where groups of people congregate should be closed."

www.whitehouse.gov...

I know it sounds hyperbolic, but the U.S need to learn from Italy and go on lockdown for 2 weeks. Learn from Italy, the sooner you do the better.

We will see an explosion in the next 2 weeks in the U,K, simply because the Government ignored what was happening elsewhere and they believed the science they were being fed was better than the rest of the world.

I would hate to imagine what could happen in the U.S, if it were to ignore what is happening in Italy.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

www.whitehouse.gov...

I know it sounds hyperbolic, but the U.S need to learn from Italy and go on lockdown for 2 weeks. Learn from Italy, the sooner you do the better.

people like to learn the hard way methinks..
and the American public maybe needs to be weaned in. go full lock down without general public acknowledgement and you may probably get other things more worrying than a virus.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I know it sounds hyperbolic, but the U.S need to learn from Italy and go on lockdown for 2 weeks.
It does sound hyperbolic and the situation (political and geographical) is quite different from Italy. If our governor declares a lockdown, so be it. There have been calls to do so and it could well happen. As for me, I will begin working from home starting Monday.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join