It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guard Activations Expected To Rapidly Increase, Could Be Used For Law Enforcement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Things are moving quickly and it appears there is already talk of using national guard troops at the state level for law enforcement if needed. I can easily see this happening in major urban centers.

Be careful out there.

www.militarytimes.com... I5pu9xDQ5yC0HSsOtrcsw.0&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.militarytimes.com%2Fnews%2F

One capability that would be lost if the the Guard is federalized is their capacity to operate as law enforcement to assist state officials, Lengyel said, as that would violate the Posse Comitatus Act. That law prevents the Department of Defense from interfering in domestic policing.

In many disasters and responses, when there’s overwhelming pressure on local and state police, Guard personnel are sometimes called upon to assist.

“I don’t see any demand signal that’s demanding we use the national guard in that scenario — but governors could,” said Lengyel, which is one of the reasons he advised against federalizing the Guard.

edit on 20-3-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The military shouldn't be used to enforce law in the country, never turns out well for anyone... That doesn't seem to be unique to just us.

I'd rather see the sheriff deputize vetted citizens who volunteer.

Edit: Even that should be last resort, hopefully we never see a time where it comes to that.
edit on 20-3-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Its a tough situation.

Everyone knows that all the big cities are powder kegs. In good times they are already bubbling over with crime and walking the tight rope of civility.

It doesn't take much and the government surely knows that.

Given just even the slightest push, they will descend into a nightmare dystopia.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

I'm just hoping it doesn't happen anywhere. Don't see it playing out well.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Top National Guard General shoots down quarantine martial law rumors

Nobody said anything about martial law.... that is what this article is about. If the guard is Federalized, then the Governors can't use them for law enforcement.

So, it isn't "Martial Law" if a Governor of a state utilizes the Guard for law enforcement activities.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
There is some benefit to living in a rural area. I wouldn't want to live in a big city for anything right now.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
There is some benefit to living in a rural area. I wouldn't want to live in a big city for anything right now.

You got that right.

Same here. Internet sucks but the other advantages more than make up for it.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

Now or ever, but yes especially now.

No apocalyptic movie ever starts well or shines a good light on "the city".

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Another nice thing is pretty much ALL of the neighbors are heavily armed and are already partially fortified out of necessity. Not to mention we aren't on top of each other so we're less likely to catch anything from each other.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

U.S. defense officials have warned that foreign bad actors could use this uncertain time to plant bad rumors in order to panic the American public.

Only foreign bad actors? I guess domestic bad actors are so impossible.
The word foreign is mandatory to prevent thread drift?

edit on 20-3-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   
We have more fear and panic being created by insiders, foreigners are the least of our problems right now.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten
No foreign actors is accurate because the domestic ones that were trying to undermine the POTUS for four years are loyalists to foreign commands. It's how we are getting to this situation right now.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker Remember my brother telling me in 74 when he joined police department,he said they versed them on martial law,they become soldiers in the inner city when it is in place

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Guard Regs for Domestic Law Enforcement Operations,

National Guard Regulation 500-5/Air National Guard Instruction 10-208
edit on 21-3-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Don't let history confuse you. Of course, I dont think theyd move against their own...and I know police, fire and rescue that will strip their uniforms off and not comply...

National Guard, Kent State...I was there...

edit on 21-3-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join