It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that the COVID-19 Corona Virus is 20x Worse than the Common Flu? Please?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Hi. I am at a loss here. Italy was hit the worst, it has about 60 million population and 3-5,000 deaths from this virus.

Can anyone explain to me with hard cold facts on why this virus should be taken more seriously than others? Because we are getting basketball players, actors, and common citizens who have been reporting their experiences to be no more than a 6 hour fever.

Proof of the COV019 virus being worthy of societal collapse and global lockdowns please & Thank you.
edit on 20-3-2020 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ThinkingCap

After 12 months youll have better stats to compare to influenza or common colds.

Sheesh its only march. Who can say the long term impact with any great certainty.

The immediate impact indicates a higher incubation and transfer rate

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: sunkuong

Thanks for the response. I'm on the fence and open to all new information!
So it has a higher incubation and transfer rate, check --- this alone warrants a global lockdown?

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:21 AM
link   

We don't have vaccine or any cure for this virus.

I can't believe you don't know that.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:23 AM
link   

I think local lockdowns are not effective to prevent the spread.

It would appear that those who understand how virus migration / mutation have been propmting for tighter global response to minimize the spread.

Im just a country chicken though. No proofs from me.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: sunkuong

While we're waiting maybe those images of a convoy of trucks carrying coffins in Italy will be enough to convince him. Of course he won't be able to actually look in the trucks so there's still the possibility of doubt.
Eventually this is going to impact us all either personally or a family member or other associate and there won't be any doubt any more.

SARS: The First Pandemic of the 21st Century

By: Robert Kessler

Until the end of 2002, when scores of people in China began falling ill with a mysterious respiratory infection, SARS-CoV was a completely unknown virus. It had almost certainly, however, been hiding in plain sight in the wild for hundreds–if not thousands–of years. But scientists had yet to identify or study it conclusively.

That all changed quickly when the SARS pandemic began that year. Within months, SARS had spread to nearly every continent. Before it was contained, 8,000 people had contracted SARS; more than 700 people died. All told, SARS is estimated to have cost between $30 and $50 billion to the global economy from 2002 to 2003

www.ecohealthalliance.org...

No one thought it was the flu back then and now we have a worse pandemic.
Hopefully it won't be a very hard lesson.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

We dont have a vaccine or a cure for flu, either. We have a literal shot in the dark "vaccine" that involves Pharmas taking a guess at what strain will be most prevalent and then praying they can pour piss out of a boot with the instructions written on the heel and not end up with whatever strain they picked mutating beyond the efficacy of the "vaccine."

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Call me Debbie Doubter but in China and South Korea new cases are on their way down .

According to worldmeters.

China’s peak one day high was 14,002 cases now they’re reporting zero . They’re reporting only 6500 active cases now.

South Korea’s peak was 851 new cases in a single day. Today they reported 93 cases .

It might just be me but that’s not how super spreader viruses act. No amount of disinfected and quarantine is going to have such an immediate effect . Especially when you’re dealing with something with RO high RO.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

We don't have vaccine or any cure for this virus.

I can't believe you don't know that.

Nor do we have any natural immunity to it since it is new and novel.
In just 14 weeks SARSCoV-19 has spread to every continent except Antarctica.
14 weeks. That's the life of this virus. That's how old it is.
...and look how far it has spread.
You'd think this alone would perk some ears up huh?

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:54 AM
link   
More than 99% of Italy’s coronavirus fatalities were people who suffered from previous medical conditions, according to a study by the country’s national health authority.

Italy has had over 2,500 coronavirus deaths along with 30,000 confirmed cases, and health officials have been looking through the data to find what has contributed to the deaths.

The study showed that nearly 50% of the deaths came from individuals who had three or more previous medical conditions. The other 50% had one or two other previous conditions.

Just three of the fatalities from the data analyzed came from people with no medical history.

The average age of someone infected in the country was 63 years old, and the average age among those who had died was 80 years old.

So far, there have been over 214,00 confirmed cases globally and nearly 9,000 deaths. Over 83,000 people have recovered from the coronavirus.

Links:

science.slashdot.org...

www.bloomberg.com...

nypost.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:58 AM
link   

140,100 (95%)
in Mild Condition

7,388 (5%)
Serious or Critical

88,483 (90%)
Recovered / Discharged

10,049 (10%) Deaths

Lockdown is crucial for healthcare to be able care people that has serious and critical symptoms, this way they try to control the amount of people treated in ICU at the same time. If no measures are taken it will freeze the system in a way it is happening in Italy but even worse. Without measures there will be NO NURSES, NO DOCTORS as they will be all sick and some will die, NO TREATMENT and everyone would be ON THEIR OWN. Surviving this scenario takes quite amount of time so it will be more than a 6 months to get back to normal.. think about that. Broke a leg and have no treatment !

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Well, here is a member of the National Health Committee telling others its more like the Spanidh flu of 1918....and then selling millions of his stocks...allegedly
Hmmmm. Link wont work...but its on Fox news front page.

www.foxnews.com... s-crippled-markets

edit on 20-3-2020 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2020 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: badwhiskey
So it's not a big deal because it mostly kills old people ?

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 03:21 AM
link   
My family is hellbent on denying that this virus is as deadly as the media and governments are portraying, and I am having difficulties convincing them of the severity of it. So I'm here at ATS hoping for some solid facts that I can use to enlighten them.

Thank you to all who have posted so far, valuable stuff!

If you guys have any solid sources to help me convince them, let me know please. I have been trying to search online but I haven't been successful at finding solid proof or evidence that I feel is sufficient to expose their denial.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Well i for one dont agree that there is no prevention or treatment for this covid-19.

I would annihilate this bug in 6 hours if it dares to come near me
Well no more than in 12 hours..

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Do you have any good sources that I could use to share with others about the severity of this virus? Thanks.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 03:46 AM
link   

A total of 1.5 million people died from TB in 2018 (including 251 000 people with HIV). Worldwide, TB is one of the top 10 causes of death and the leading cause from a single infectious agent (above HIV/AIDS).
In 2018, an estimated 10 million people fell ill with tuberculosis(TB) worldwide. 5.7 million men, 3.2 million women and 1.1 million children. There were cases in all countries and age groups. But TB is curable and preventable.

www.who.int...

Overall, 5.6 million children under age five died in 2016, nearly 15,000 daily (World Health Organization [WHO], 2016). The risk of a child dying before five years of age is highest in Africa (76.5 per 1000 live births), about 8 times higher than in Europe (9.6 per 1000 live births) (WHO, 2016).
Approximately 3.1 million children die from undernutrition each year (UNICEF, 2018a). Hunger and undernutrition contribute to more than half of global child deaths, as undernutrition can make children more vulnerable to illness and exacerbate disease (UNICEF, 2018a).

www.worldhunger.org...

Seasonal flu kills 291,000 to 646,000 people worldwide each year, according to a new estimate that's higher than the previous one of 250,000 to 500,000 deaths a year.

www.medicinenet.com...

But 10,000 people die with a higher standard of living, PANIC and DOOM.

Shrugs. Walks away to watch videos of people fighting over TP while millions of children die from malnutrition each year.

edit on 20-3-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

i meant healthcare surviving this back to normal might take more than 6 months if people do not care and spread it recklessly.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Ever check the CDC website for info? The WHO website? If with the entire internet at your fingertips you were unable to find what you are looking for then what makes you think we can give you what you are looking for?

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Thanks, I haven't checked those websites. I'm trying to find enough information to prove to my family that this is deadlier than the flu virus.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join