It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Intelligence Chairman caught warning donors about virus weeks before the public

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Phage

Absolutely luck. I’m sure his daily intelligence briefings had nothing to do with his decision at all, either. Just a smart financial play.

To be fair, the information was there for everyone to see.

I've been watching this since it started... And people have constantly misunderstood my concern as overreaction or panic. I'm young and healthy, and since the beginning have said I'm more worried about the economic impact than the virus with myself (but it's shown it can overwealm communities).

Hell, let's just say America didn't get cases, as unlikely as that is... We'd still feel the fallout from China being shut down for two months. This was there for everyone to see. And quarterly earnings reports started to paint the picture clearly, and only after the investors signaled to the stock market their concerns did anyone start to take this seriously. Everyone acts like the media has manufactured the fear. Well, they were late to the party, and I am sure they are capitalizing and in many cases exaggerating it for their gain.

But now that we are reacting, and not being proactive, we'll see what transpires. Add to that, we're inflating the balloon to keep it from popping. We may very well see an 08' situation where we just try and throw money to bail out, not addressing any problems. I bet we don't even try to re-resource most of our needed industries back to our country.

This will happen again, and again, because we as a nation rarely learn.
edit on 19-3-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: JON666
a reply to: Shamrock6

This person should be tared and feathered and stripped of all monetary gains made off this inside information.

Or send him to China.

On a slow boat.

Well, it's safer than the US right now (in regard to the virus), but I don't think they'd let him in, what with all their travel restrictions.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

To be fair, the information was there for everyone to see

To be fair, “everyone” didn’t have somebody who was getting daily intelligence briefings about the virus telling us what was coming. “Everyone” got one version of things while “some” people got the other version.

Again, that is the problem.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Any person with half an ounce of common sense could see this coming. Not luck, just common sense and an understanding of how the markets react in these circumstances.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I don't see anything crazy about this at all. I was warning my whole staff to stock up around the 2nd to 3rd week of February. It was obvious that this was going to be a big deal and it was probably not containable.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 19-3-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I was warning co-workers about this in January.. EVERYONE laughed it off..

The majority of them are not laughing anymore (in all fairness, most of us are at high risk of infection)..

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

To be fair, the information was there for everyone to see

To be fair, “everyone” didn’t have somebody who was getting daily intelligence briefings about the virus telling us what was coming. “Everyone” got one version of things while “some” people got the other version.

Again, that is the problem.

I read the story earlier.

And at first, I was pissed. But then I realized something.... Most people aren't going to listen to them anyways, and in some ways for good reason.

Someone could have showed evidence on how bad it would be, and laid it all out. Many would have called BS.

My point isn't to validate his, or any official's action, holding it back was wrong. My point is the information was always there, it was public knowledge. If you look around, people are still convinced this is a manufactured crisis for political agenda (I have no doubt it will be politicized, but I don't think its a manifestation of political agenda).

It's right here for everyone to see, and many still won't.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

K well I’ve already stated explicitly, twice, what the issue is with this story, in my opinion, and I’m not really interested in repeating it endlessly because people don’t read.
edit on 19-3-2020 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   

It's right here for everyone to see, and many still won't.

Indeed. And this thread was indirectly aimed at some of our members who post daily about how this is all a hoax and/or a ginned up lie to bring down the President.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Senator Richard Burr

Yeah , B.A. in communications.
I trust this Senator with all things medical...
NOT
Only the ignorant trust the ignorant.

Before starting a thread on someone , please check their Wiki page
Richard Burr
Done
Next

edit on 3/19/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/19/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Yeah , B.A. in communications. I trust this Senator with all things medical... NOT Only the ignorant trust the ignorant.

Yea, but he got briefed by people who are qualified... But that wasn't so much OP's point, is it. OP's point was that a senator told donors that it was his informed opinion we were going to experience a pandemic, the likes of 1918, well before he shared that with the public.

Before starting a thread on someone , please check their Wiki page Richard Burr Done Next

The irony of preaching about considering the source while you give us Wiki, while sounding smug..... lulz

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Looks like, a week or so earlier, Diane Feinstein was selling Millions of dollars of stock (February 18th., 2020).

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

They really need to make it illegal for congress and senate to inside trade.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   

a reply to: KKLOCO

Who knows? It appears Burr believed the briefings he was getting, enough to warn his donors over at least. I can’t imagine his briefings were substantially different than the President’s were. If they were, that’s a freaking problem. If they weren’t, President Trump either didn’t believe them or hid the information from the public the same way Burr did.

I think Trump said, "It will disappear like magic"

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
People are aware...

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Yea, but he got briefed by people who are qualified...

I don't think a B.A. in communications is health related or qualifies anyone.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: bender151

Great response! Best use of sarcasm I've seen in a long time!

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Wow. So yeah, Burr doesn't have a lot of wiggle room on this. Will be interesting to see him try tho.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

You’ve posted a lot of really odd, inane, and frankly downright stupid comments across the forum lately. I’m sad you did so here, as well.

If you want to try again with anything relevant, go for it. I used to enjoy your contributions.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Well now. Isn’t that interesting? And if one had to guess what committee she happens to be on?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join