It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Lockdown Starting This Weekend

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Hi all, I've had some interesting news today and thought it might warrant a new thread as I've not seen anything else about it (although I must be honest, I've not read all 4379 coronovirus threads!)

I've had 4 different sources today tell me about an imminent lockdown across the UK. Although it was always going to happen at some point, nothing has yet been confirmed. The sources (some direct, some via friends) are military, police, home office and via a senior member of staff from a charity who works closely with the government. I thought it's unlikely a coincidence as all 4 do not know each other and their stories are almost identical.

Basically what I'm hearing so far is that the lockdown would be due to start from Friday evening/Saturday morning. The military and police have been briefed and will patrol the streets to ensure people follow the lockdown. I also understand the military have been asked to provide assistance in major supermarkets to ensure there is no trouble and assist with limiting the number of people entering the store at any time. Apparently they are awaiting emergency legislation which is due to be passed tomorrow.

I've searched Google for news and found this article from the Telegraph although it only seems to mention London and doesn't specify exactly when.

I'll update if I get any further information but wondered if anyone else had heard similar?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: autom8

It’s feeling more and more like this is a coordinated worldwide push.

I’m Anticipating the same to happen in the US this week.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

It’s feeling more and more like this is a coordinated worldwide push.

I’m Anticipating the same to happen in the US this week.

I hope not before payday on Friday.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Like it or not, it's imperative to fight this highly contagious virus. It's quite obvious people can't be allowed to travel and move around spreading this virus.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I also just heard about this from a friend, came here to see if there was any mention of it, looks like its true.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: jsjAmeicanMo

I have a strange feeling it will be announced later today or tomorrow. To be put into effect by Friday night. Weird gut feeling.

The constant encouragement of social distancing. Repeatedly berating the younger people for still going out and congregating. Weekends usually aren’t very good for social distancing. Unless it’s ENFORCED.

Hopefully, I’m wrong.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

You better get to the store and stock up on everything you need right now buddy.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Lots of well connected people with inside information about lockdowns that never happens. Yesterday was a guy with a friend that attended a meeting with the president of the US.

Not saying that its not going to happen though, i would say that we are less than a week away from a global lockdown, but thats a guess.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Did they put the blame for this on old people that did not follow protocol?

That is how they did it in my neck of the woods.

Now everyone hates old people.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I get it. I can feel it in my chest...just a little unease.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peserc
Lots of well connected people with inside information about lockdowns that never happens. Yesterday was a guy with a friend that attended a meeting with the president of the US.

Not saying that its not going to happen though, i would say that we are less than a week away from a global lockdown, but thats a guess.

Actually, his prediction was that basically a lockdown would be announced by today. He’s still got a few hours left...

I heard that Trump was supposed to be having two press releases a day. But I just went to his calendar and there’s nothing scheduled.

Anyone know anything about this?
edit on 18-3-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I think people will still be allowed to go out for essentials such as food and medicine,but Its a good idea to tell people there will be consequences(fines or police cautions I suppose they will do)If they go shopping while coughing or with a temperature.
If there are no consequences,many selfish fools will not listen to merely being encoraged to do the right thing and stay at home.
As for the police/army patroling to enforce the lockdown- i think rather than seeing them everywhere patrolling,we may just see them in major town centres and llarge city supermarkets.
We simply don't have enough police or army to be actively enforcing a total lockdown in all areas of the UK.
Most likely it will begin in the bigger cities,and maybe spread out from there as time goes on-depending on how nasty this turns out in the weeks ahead.

Stay positive folks-and don't be confrontational if you get told to go home by the cops or army.
For one thing,they are risking their health and being kept away from their loved ones to try to limit the effects of this outbreak on all of us.
And secondly,they are trained to beat the # outta people-so be respectful.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: moonrunner

It does seem strange so many people have heard the same. Only time will tell. Guessing it has to happen after the schools close on Friday but expect some notice so maybe it will be announced in tomorrows briefing at 5pm.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

I completely agree, as the virus is now here to stay the only option is to build up some sort of "herd" immunity. I can only see that happening with waves of lockdowns to limit the spread and impact on the health services.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Thanks to ATS, I've actually been getting a couple of extra items on my regular shops for some weeks now so have enough food for the family for up a month or longer. Still can't help getting more each day as the shelves are stripped bare everywhere and if I see something restocked I grab it!

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

Not heard anything about why but your right, where I live in the UK there are a lot of elderly carrying on as if nothing is happening. The other half's grandparents are refusing to stay isolated even though she's offering to shop for them.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

originally posted by: Peserc

Actually, his prediction was that basically a lockdown would be announced by today. He’s still got a few hours left...

I heard that Trump was supposed to be having two press releases a day. But I just went to his calendar and there’s nothing scheduled.

Anyone know anything about this?

Actually his prediction was that a curfew would be announced two days ago and “full blow martial law” enacted 48 hours later.

None of which has happened.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I deliver pizza to hungry families in the city, I have to use my car to do this, how am i to go about this apparent lockdown? be told to go home by police?

link   
I think the US is too big and the Feds can't do it but states can

I expect Michigan in the next couple of days.

Interesting times indeed.

link   
I live in Plymouth In the South West of the U.K. Our pubs, clubs, cinemas, schools, theatres and gyms are closing over the next couple days.
Our Tesco store is reducing it's staff hours too.
By next week I think we'll all be in complete lockdown.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join