It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My wife went to get tested for CV19 - what happened

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

I hope she starts getting better!

My mother has been having the EXACT same experience. She has all the telltale symptoms - started with low fever and chills last weekend, developed a bad dry cough that is very painful, and is now experiencing shortness of breath.

She's literally been turned away from the clinic by triage staff and her doc and told she would not get a test because she "hasn't been exposed" (LOL how do they actually know?!) finally last night my father took her to the urgent care anyway.

They examined her in the same hazmat getup, told her "it seems like she has the flu" even though she tested negative for the flu. Keep in mind she is almost 70 and is likely in one of the highest risk categories for COVID-19. Still no test. in her county there are no official cases, so there isn't a single doctor there that has actually seen how a confirmed case presents.

In this case, I truly believe they don't want to test because they don't want to admit they have cases in their county.

So she was sent home with cough medicine and told to get rest.

Unreal.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Hi! So I am really sad for you and your family. I know this is a scary time, and I commiserate with you. Please get well soon!

On that note, I have some questions for the group at large...

1) How would people prioritize testing? Those that need treatment (Is there treatment for the disease, or just symptoms- i.e. ventilators for those who can't breath)? Those exposed (Who hasn't been at this point)? Which group... because testing will always be limited, unless...

2) Do people think that it would be normal for the government to have millions of test kits lying around? For a specific, NEW illness?

3) What do you all think the capacity is in the U.S. for testing (not currently-future capability)? Is it 1,000,000 per day? That would mean it would take 327 days to test everyone, if they all only tested once. I don't think this is a realistic possibility to increase by much more, not unless the REAL death rate per exposure were 5-10%.

I think we need to keep testing the most sick, and the healthcare workers/essential personnel. Rich people can call for (and pay for) testing all they want, as the market demand will increase the likelihood of us all getting access. Leaders are needed, so that group is fine for me. Can't we all just triage, then self-isolate unless necessary?
edit on 19/3/2020 by ThouArtGod because: italics suck

edit on 19/3/2020 by ThouArtGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I believe we should prioritize testing and isolating asymptomatic people and to just assume any one who is sick or having symptoms to treat them as a positive

Testing those who are a symptomatic will allow you to be proactive in stopping the sick as opposed to being 3 weeks behind always chasing symptoms..

Look to make a bad analogy

If you have a leak in the roof you dont start repairing the ceiling and the floor before you fix the leak..... this is not a hard decision

originally posted by: ThouArtGod

Hi! So I am really sad for you and your family. I know this is a scary time, and I commiserate with you. Please get well soon!

On that note, I have some questions for the group at large...

1) How would people prioritize testing? Those that need treatment (Is there treatment for the disease, or just symptoms- i.e. ventilators for those who can't breath)? Those exposed (Who hasn't been at this point)? Which group... because testing will always be limited, unless...

2) Do people think that it would be normal for the government to have millions of test kits lying around? For a specific, NEW illness?

3) What do you all think the capacity is in the U.S. for testing (not currently-future capability)? Is it 1,000,000 per day? That would mean it would take 327 days to test everyone, if they all only tested once. I don't think this is a realistic possibility to increase by much more, not unless the REAL death rate per exposure were 5-10%.

I think we need to keep testing the most sick, and the healthcare workers/essential personnel. Rich people can call for (and pay for) testing all they want, as the market demand will increase the likelihood of us all getting access. Leaders are needed, so that group is fine for me. Can't we all just triage, then self-isolate unless necessary?

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I really hope that everyone here (and their families) that shared their stories are fine.

The thing is: dont test, dont tell

If someone who got the symptoms dies without getting tested he isnt added to the list of casualties.

there are 2 options for this:

1- the US government doesnt have enough tests

2- the US government doesnt want to do the testing because they want to hide the real numbers

Look at the numbers from other countries and compare to the US numbers. It doesnt add up. Either way the US government is lying
edit on 19-3-2020 by Peserc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: usaman1983

Rich privilege... They've been privileged longer than anyone else.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: oldschoolwarhawk

Test those that are asymptomatic, or those who are symptomatic? I'm only asking because we all fall in both groups.

We are not at patient zero, where testing changes anything (horse, barn). So shouldn't we only test those who might have other symptoms, meaning that we are ensuring they don't have cancer, etc.? Im not trying to be harsh, but where in the hell are we supposed to get 327M testing kits?

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Peserc

Of course they don't have enough testing kits. South Korea, which was prepped due to SARS, barely has enough for their at-risk population/ spreaders. It's a new illness, and we literally cannot catch this horse. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but how can we test everyone this quickly? Any ideas? Because I've been in the industry for nearly 20 years, and I think we are responding per the textbook.

I get that people are upset. But if you go to the E.R., and you are not dying, then what can they do? Save the tests for people who are in the worst way, as that will tell us what is clearly wrong with you.

It's not that I don't think we should test- it's that I can't see how we can possibly test EVERYONE who has a symptom.
edit on 19/3/2020 by ThouArtGod because: Corrected misspelling

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

You tell your wife that cake said "get better soon, that's an order soldier!!!"

It might be a good idea to contact an actual virologist and get a better clarification via reddit or twitter, or facebook and so forth, doctors are not virologists so misdiagnoses will be common. Im suspicious too, i'm suspecting the rich folk are top priority, because money.

May the force be with your wife.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

As quickly as we are being told this disease spreads, I think if the real numbers were in the mortality rate would look similar to the common flu.

We can’t have everyone believing this isn’t serious when we want to quarantine the world.

Maybe I will prove to be wrong. But I am on the something smells fishy boat with you.

They are purposely not testing to jack up the death rate stats. IMHO.

Will justify martial law and completely destroying the Constitution.

In reality it's just a new cold virus and death rates will be under .5 or even under .1%....

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ThouArtGod

Yeah save the tests so only dying ppl get it.

That way we can show statistics that the death rate is like 50% or something!

In reality 99.5% + ppl will be fine after a few days....

They are lying to justify going around shooting ppl and disappearing certain state enemies.

It's a global take over by the UN psychos and their puppet masters.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I told you guys they were spreading fake death count statistics, now you are seeing bits of clues to substantiate that bold claim I made.

Mark my words - more will die if we have a mandated lockdown from Govt abuse than will die from the disease.

Whoever is behind all this sucks and I want to prosecute them for crimes against humanity.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Scary EnigmaChaser. I had the exact experience, but in late Feb, before this really blew up. Sore throat, very mild cough if any, but really severe chest pains and difficulty breathing. They swabbed me for flu and strep, both came back negative.

My heart rate was also elevated to 100+, but I had no fever (temp actually was 97.0). What was really scary was that when I went up or down stairs, I got very dizzy and almost felt like passing out. Same thing when standing up rapidly. The absolute worst symptom was the chest pain, which radiates all the way to your back, which makes it very hard to sleep comfortably.

The good news for you, is that while I'm in early 40's, am also immunocompromised, but managed to beat it in about 5 days. No lingering effects at all. It was comparable to a moderate cold or very mild flu.

And yes, they never tested me for COVID either and did not want to.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I said very early on that this could easily turn into a poor man's disease. It looks like I might be right. If you aren't on the "A" list its unlikely you will even get tested let alone treated.
edit on 19-3-2020 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Same in my country. No tests for light cases. I understand that they want to preserve resources for the people who have a high risk of dying. BUT this introduces a big error in the statistics: If you exclude people with Corona that have minor or no symptoms, the disease starts to look much more dangerous than it is. And YES, the light cases do exist, LOTS of them. A famous example is Tom Hanks.

An important question for which I can't find an answer at the moment: How many people have died in the first week of March 2020 in, say, Italy from ANY cause (including Corona, but also accidents, heart attacks, what have you ....)?
And then: How many people have died in the same week in 2019, 2018, etc.?
THIS is the only honest number that will tell us how dangerous this virus really is. The numbers they are presenting currently in the media make no sense: Say a person dies from cancer and they find a minor lung infection caused by Corona. That case counts as a Corona victim. This is not acceptable science.

BTW: I am currently in bed with minor symptoms that match well. My wife returned from an area close to Italy that is affected by the virus and a colleague from China. Both were/are sick with flu symptoms (also nothing spectacular). So it may well be that I have the virus. But I can't get tested, because I am doing too well. I am sure I will be up and running within 7 days.

Conclusion. Heal yourself! I am personally using this option:
Something you can do yourself.

Also important:

edit on 19-3-2020 by SacredLore because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Strange that happened considering you are in Washington. Maybe it's because they know ALL OF YOU HAVE IT!?!?
Here in Maine they gave the test with no issues. My friend went in with Strep 2 days ago and they saw some inflammation in his lungs so they tested for COVID (came back negative). So, why they wouldn't test her or anyone else is beyond me unless they are running low on tests where you are at.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I see, and acknowledge your points. But I am just coming from a POV where I know there are limitations, and we should play in that box.

I mean, cancer rates in Africa are MUCH higher than people note, but there is far less testing. Also raises the death rate.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DirkDiggler2

The good news for you, is that while I'm in early 40's, am also immunocompromised, but managed to beat it in about 5 days. No lingering effects at all. It was comparable to a moderate cold or very mild flu.

Very good news indeed that you made it through despite being immunocompromised!

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
If you do not have symptoms go out side and play or sit on your porch, if it is nice outside. unless you are in a curfew area....Stop listening to all the nonsense...Stay away from large groups...

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41

originally posted by: DirkDiggler2

Very good news indeed that you made it through despite being immunocompromised!

Also want to add that no one in my house got it. And I really didn't go into strict isolation, other than laying on the couch for two straight days, and then a lot of bedtime for the rest. Not really having any coughing at all probably helped in that regard.

So hopefully that gives everyone some assurance that this isn't a zombie disease or automatically terminal. It's basically one of those sicknesses you get in the winter where the doctor says, "well, it's not bacterial, so go home and rest and hydrate".
edit on 19-3-2020 by DirkDiggler2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
No my thought is to assume i.e clinically diagnose patients with symptoms
1. treat all those with the symptoms as if a positive for covid19. Care measures include isolation via hotels for those with mild symptoms and hospitals for those needing support.

Test everyone outside of those defined coniditions for asymptomatic spreaders and isolate those determined to have the virus

If you dont have the virus carry on check back in a week

If you find a 10 cows have left do you leave the gate open while you start looking for the lost ones?

The WHO has the test why are we not using it? South korea is doing it europe (most) is doing it

reinventing the wheel never solved any problems

Again my opinon but as long as you are chasing a problem you will never get in front of it.

originally posted by: ThouArtGod
a reply to: oldschoolwarhawk

Test those that are asymptomatic, or those who are symptomatic? I'm only asking because we all fall in both groups.

We are not at patient zero, where testing changes anything (horse, barn). So shouldn't we only test those who might have other symptoms, meaning that we are ensuring they don't have cancer, etc.? Im not trying to be harsh, but where in the hell are we supposed to get 327M testing kits?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join