It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Doctors Report 50% Of ICU Patients Under 60 Years Old, Netherlands Under 50

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

The reports suggest that COVID-19 is more than just a "boomer remover" - a phrase made popular by younger generations who think they're invincible.

Considering that US hospitals are projected to be completely full come mid-May, the implications of the coronavirus impacting more than just the elderly are significant.

The new reports of younger ICU patients echo unconfirmed accounts from Italian doctors:

Not Just Seniors: French Doctors Report 50% Of ICU Patients Under 60 Years Old, Netherlands Under 50

I have seen this information dripping out all week. It is not just the old that are requiring advanced medical care.

In triage situations the old are being denied advanced medical care because of their age. This is one reason the numbers show many deaths for people aged 80 and older.

Not saying it's not true that the old and compromised are hit harder with this virus. Just that it's not only the old requiring advanced care.

(post by infolurker removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I guess the big question is how many of those needing ICU had preexisting conditions?

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

I have been catching on to this for awhile. When I first observed people dropping while going about their business, a strong wave of the chills came. This is a very stealthy virus. It appears that it "knows" how our entire biological, mechanical, and medical systems operate. And the fact that zero additional information and interest into the etymology (origins) of this has been shown has me completely in the camp of "Biological Warfare".

edit on 15-3-2020 by Novaroc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
In Belgium we have 4 doctors age 40 fighting for their lives.....
all got it while doing their job

link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

On Saturday, AD documented the case of a 16-year-old boy with no disclosed underlying conditions who wound up in the ICU after complaining of nausea and headaches. He is currently on ventilation in a medically-induced coma.

Hard to say about the preexisting conditions.

Many in the US have weak immune system because of the way we eat and live.

link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I guess the big question is how many of those needing ICU had preexisting conditions?

Why does that matter, they are still people, lots of compromised or unhealthy people out there..more than enough to overwhelm the medical system. I'm just saying this is a possibility.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

They say China was hit hard because so many smoke a ton and they live in pollution that is like having X number of more packs of cigs per day. EU smokes a lot too....I think we will still have some cases of younger people just because that will always happen, just like some people can die from taking aspirin, as example.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Why does that matter, they are still people, lots of compromised or unhealthy people out there..more than enough to overwhelm the medical system. I'm just saying this is a possibility.

Where I see it matters is when x% younger healthy people end up in a ICU, and that would be a SHTF indicator.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: vonclod

Where I see it matters is when x% younger healthy people end up in a ICU, and that would be a SHTF indicator.

Fair enough..time will tell, hope you are right.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
ZeroHedge lol no thanks. I've already had psychosis after their #ty reporting based on nothing but rumors found on 4chan

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite
ZeroHedge lol no thanks. I've already had psychosis after their #ty reporting based on nothing but rumors found on 4chan

If you don't trust the source then do a search.

From the AP:

Link
More than half of the 300 people in intensive care units in France with the new virus are under 60.

The head of the national health agency, Jerome Salomon, announced the statistic Saturday night as France saw another jump in new virus cases.

Also, I found more in the search I did before posting this OP.

edit on 15-3-2020 by LookingAtMars because: Link and fix

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Emotionally it doesn’t. Logically it does.

You cannot solve a problem if you don’t identify the problem.

The virus hasn’t had much of an effect in the younger generations. If it’s mutating to affect the younger generations, society has a bigger issue. If the 50 are genetically weak, that’s evolution’s version of brush fire.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
a reply to: vonclod

Emotionally it doesn’t. Logically it does.

You cannot solve a problem if you don’t identify the problem.

The virus hasn’t had much of an effect in the younger generations. If it’s mutating to affect the younger generations, society has a bigger issue. If the 50 are genetically weak, that’s evolution’s version of brush fire.

Humans aren't really logical though
, but I hear what you are saying, regardless of age affected, if it blows up, the infrastructure cannot handle the load.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: Xtrozero

On Saturday, AD documented the case of a 16-year-old boy with no disclosed underlying conditions who wound up in the ICU after complaining of nausea and headaches. He is currently on ventilation in a medically-induced coma.

Are you assuming my diet of beer and pasta is making me weak?

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Throes

That along with the drugs that are pushed on a large number of the population.

Then there is the lack of sleep and all the RF we are exposed to. It can't help.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Jerome Salomon
lmfao

i wonder how he got such a prominent gig

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna

Jerome Salomon
lmfao

i wonder how he got such a prominent gig

I think you may be thinking of a different person.

A quick search found this video.

new topics

top topics

join