It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tests Negative For Coronavirus

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
JUST IN...
President Trump's Covid-19 test came back negative...and he's just fine.
I'm sure this will be a relief to everyone...especially to all those frantic MSM reporters constantly asking him about it.

Here's to continued good health to our President.

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump has tested negative for the new coronavirus, according to the president’s personal physician.

The White House released the test results Saturday night after Trump told reporters hours earlier that he had taken the coronavirus test, following days of resisting being screened despite the fact that he had been in recent contact with three people who have tested positive for the virus, including members of the Brazilian president’s delegation who visited with him at his Florida resort.

apnews.com...

Here’s the thing: I understand why those around him pushed him to get tested; it’s mainly a PR thing and there’s some value to that. But I’m not sure it actually made sense medically, and here’s why.

In the middle of February I was in Italy, vacationing in what would, within a few weeks become the “hot zone”. The first week I was there there were no COVID-19 cases being reported at all, so nobody thought there was anything to be concerned about. By the end of the second week, the first few cases were being reported. By the beginning of the third week there were something like 10 or so cases and entire towns were being quarantined. So I got out as soon as I could and arrived back in the US on the 28th, with sinus congestion and a runny nose.

So naturally, I called my doctor and asked if I should get tested for the Coronavirus. He said that the CDC at that time was the only one who could authorize a test and that they would not authorize a test for cases like mine. Tough bananas.

So, in the last two weeks of self-quarantine, I’ve been researching what’s behind the CDC’s position and it actually is logical. First, there is no specific medical treatment for it yet that’s any different than for any other serious lower respiratory disease, so it wouldn’t benefit the patient medically to know that it was COVID-19 since it wouldn’t change the likely medical treatment or outcome. And, test kits were and still are in short supply, so they don’t want to waste them pointlessly. Knowing that a patient had COVID-19 would provide some benefit to the medical team that had to treat the patient, however, since that would allow them to make sure that they take precautions to not get the virus themselves. That’s why they insist that in order to get tested, a patient has to show 3 distinct symptoms; fever, dry cough, and shortness of breath. If you have those symptoms you’re probably in an ICU or soon will be and it’s definitely a good idea for the medical team to know if you’re carrying the virus. But you could tell Trump showed none of those symptoms, just by looking at him. Another reason they have been limiting who gets tested is because the test is actually not highly sensitive; you have to have a lot of the virus in your system or you can give a false negative. That’s another reason they don’t want to give the test unless you’re showing strong symptoms already. And that’s why if you think you may have been exposed to the virus, they tell you to self-quarantine first. If you go on to develop the symptoms while in quarantine, then you can get tested.

So it seems to me that Trump should probably not have gotten the test by CDC’s own rules but he probably should be in some kind of self-quarantine. Showing no symptoms at all, there is some probability that he got a false negative result on the test and actually does have the virus but is either asymptomatic or just hasn’t developed the symptoms yet.

I could be wrong, but I t seems like they weren’t following CDC guidelines in this case, for some reason.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Well considering Trump dictated his last "doctors letter" I kind of find anything his "doctor" has to say questionable. www.npr.org...

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

@iamtat and then there's this gem....www.npr.org...

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Biden has not been tested for coronavirus, campaign says

www.msn.com...

Hmmmm...why not?
What's Joe hiding?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

All those people he's been around who have tested positive. I guess.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Bernie Sanders: I haven’t been tested for coronavirus, but Trump should be

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

YOUR TURN, Bernie.
Unless you're trying to hide something.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   

(post by Liquesence removed for a manners violation)
(post by Sookiechacha removed for political trolling and baiting)
(post by Arnie123 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

(post by Arnie123 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

He was asked to take the test...and he took the test.
He passed the test.

What other proof would convince you?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

This isn't the same as FDR and his wheel chair. It would be more akin to him secretly having TB, and perhaps infecting his cabinet and visiting dignitaries with the disease, while the rest of the country was rounding up people with symptoms of TB and forcefully interning them.

edit on 14-3-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
What other proof would convince you?

None. We are tinfoil hat wearers and we are talking about the gov of the US.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Nvm
edit on 14-3-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join