It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone up for some GOOD news?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I know after all the furor lately... China trade fears, stock market plummeting, increased cases of COVID-19 in the US, more deaths from COVID-19, states declaring emergencies, quarantines, travel to the mainland EU prohibited, dire warnings of no cure... I was getting tired of only bad news coming out about COVID-19.

Then I found this: Drug Target Review

A team of academic and industry researchers has reported new findings on how exactly an investigational antiviral drug stops coronaviruses. The paper was published the same day that the US National Institutes of Health (NIH) announced that the drug in question, remdesivir, is being used in the country’s first clinical trial of an experimental treatment for COVID-19, the illness caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

Previous research in cell cultures and animal models has shown that remdesivir can block replication of a variety of coronaviruses, but until now it has not been clear how it does so. The researchers, from the University of Alberta, US, and Gilead, studied the drug’s effects on the coronavirus that causes Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS). They found that remdesivir blocks a particular enzyme that is required for viral replication.
This was from last week and refers to US NIH trials that began a week earlier.

Now, normally, it would take a year or so to get remdesivir to the counter. But Trump relaxed the requirements and allowed this research to continue on a fast track, as well as allowing "right to try," which can get results much faster by allowing already terminally ill patients to try an experimental drug. So we could be looking at a potential treatment within weeks or at worst a couple months.

Remdesivir was originally developed for use against the Ebola virus, but tests didn't pan out. It seems there is more success this time around against COVID-19. It is a general antiviral drug that can bond with the RNA in a virus and cause it to become unable to reproduce. If it pans out, it could save a lot of lives. The general public really isn't in much danger from this bug, but the elderly and infirm certainly are.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Yeh the bad news thing , but I think the Chinese are already using it in their arsenal against this virus.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Good news threads on ATS and on TV news, don't fare too well.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

The article said something about China doing trials in conjunction with NAIAD. Makes sense; that's where this all started.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I’m all about your good news, bro. Thank you!

I’ve received too much bad news today alone.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Thanks for this good news!

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
China and South Korea both have it in their treatment protocols for severe cases alongside chloroquine. They seem to use both, either/or.

So it looks like we may have two potential antiviral therapies to use for those who develop severe and critical cases of the disease. Interestingly, both countries also recommended no treatment protocol for those with mild cases unless the disease drug on for too long which means most people are able to fight it off on their own without needing medical intervention.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   
the Redneck....he's got the spirit....thank you...old buddy

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Yup I said it earlier, we need a vaccine. Make all this craziness to go away.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Yeah, remdesivir is good news .Too much bad news lately so good to have some good things also ,thank you TheRedneck-

I just started to digging about Artemisia annua ( Sweet wormwood ) and it may have effects against coronavirus

Artemisia annua L.,Potential Source of Molecules with Pharmacological Activity in HumanDiseases

I allready had few bottles of Nature's Answer, Black Walnut & Wormwood since get them earlyer for parasites

I am guessing many here might allready have Artemisia annua ,sweet wormwood allready in home becouse it`s so common anti-parasite remedy...also used for malaria...and as we now know, they use that malaria drug chloroquine to this corona virus.

Check your closet for Artemisia annua ( Sweet wormwood ) ...cant promise it help thought, but i would say that the many substances, flavonoids in Artemisia annua are probably helpfull .

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Well that's pretty rude just bust'n in on me in the middle
of my negativity binge. No problem tho just startled me a
little bit.

SnF

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I'll just use bromelain, it actually does about the same thing as Remdesivir does when you have monolaurin with it. A hell of a lot cheaper too. Plus there are not many people who have side effect of using the bromelain and monolaurin combo

I ran into some research that showed that both destroy the same polymerase in viruses.

I have used the combo for years for treating things, this combo is not a miracle, just a treatment to help us fight viruses. Fresh pineapple juice, not pasteurized, and coconuts work the same, but they are more expensive to keep around than the pills.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:39 AM
link   

This sounds like good news too
Zinc and Chloroquine information starts at 1::33.

Still looking for more information on the 15 minute Breathalyzer test reported from a UK university in the virus update threads

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I'll just use bromelain, it actually does about the same thing as Remdesivir does when you have monolaurin with it. A hell of a lot cheaper too. Plus there are not many people who have side effect of using the bromelain and monolaurin combo

I ran into some research that showed that both destroy the same polymerase in viruses.

I have used the combo for years for treating things, this combo is not a miracle, just a treatment to help us fight viruses. Fresh pineapple juice, not pasteurized, and coconuts work the same, but they are more expensive to keep around than the pills.

A friend of mine in the medical field mentioned taking elderberry extract.. I am a bit skeptical.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Chaga extract is supposed to be a very powerful anti-viral. It helps stop the replication of the virus. I've been taking chaga and a lot of other vitamins to boost my immune system as much as possible.

chagahq.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Sounds promising

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

I came across some ads for elderberry when I was researching remdesivir. No idea if it does the same thing or not, but some people think it does. Maybe I should grow some elderberries here...

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I'm drinking about a shot glass' worth of elderberry juice a day, broken into two doses.

Supposedly builds resistance to illness.

I guess I'll find out.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Good news to report from Kansas City metro area:

There is plenty of beer, wine, and spirits STILL available.

edit on 12-3-2020 by jsjAmeicanMo because: Still added

edit on 12-3-2020 by jsjAmeicanMo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka
I have a pharmacy degree and looked at the elderberry studies by Dr. Mumcuoglu. They say the elderberry extract has a mucoprotein that adheres to the viral coat or exterior. By doing so the virus is prevented from adhering to the cell wall thus preventing injection of nuclear material to reproduce. Now practicing Dentistry I had a small town practice for 20 years. When I conveyed this information to my employees the response was, " no wonder these two old men who made elderberry wine never got sick". Just saying. I have also used Sambucol* for cold prevention and it worked. If I did get it the severity was way less. Look it up. They tested it in Israel also.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join