It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Time CV Stats & Graphs Globally

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Ran across this and thought it would benefit some for keeping track of the Coronavirus. From what I can tell it seems fairly accurate.

For those they may not be able to play vids, here is a link for Real Time stats via webpage.
Worldmeter

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Awesome. I was about to author a thread using this same website and some of the graphs there.

Graphs

Updated daily.

I'll add them to this post in a few.

First, as expected, total, global cases continue to steadily increase:

But cases outside China are not steadily increasing:

Active cases seem to have leveled off, with fluctuations:

Which likely goes along with recovery. Instances of death are decreasing as recovery increases to leveling off:

Serious and critical cases are decreasing (perhaps due to number of cases increasing?):

And recovered and discharged also increasing:

And tracking new cases vs. recoveries, which aren't diverging too terribly:

So, some positivity there, but it's still early, and this virus *is* transmitted much faster than seasonal influenza. [
edit on 8-3-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Just read the Italian emergency event items...whoa ...below the graphs
All religious events, baptisms and weddings. Religious services IF maintaining 1 meter distance.
So much for Holy Week observance there.
Could this ever occur in the US?

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
We're sitting in tenth spot.

It's kind of crazy in a morbid sort of way that we have tech where one can watch the world burn in real time. Such is life though.
edit on 8-3-2020 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Last Update2020/3/8 13:00
Confirmed107768
Deaths
3.4%
Recovered
56.3%

All that matters is the mortality rate has been steady 3.4% since early February and the recovery rate consistently goes up. Just a question of when it peaks in each country, region, province, state, county. city or town.

www.accuweather.co m

"Compared to SARS and MERS, we are talking about a coronavirus that has a mortality rate of eight to 10 times LESS deadly to SARS to MERS," Nicholls said. "So, a correct comparison is not SARS or MERS but a severe cold. Basically, this is a severe form of the cold."
edit on Sun Mar 8 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Their numbers are off, well at least for Canada.

Areas in Canada with confirmed cases Province or territory Confirmed cases
Ontario 28
British Columbia 27
Quebec 2

While I'm sure these numbers will climb over the next few weeks as there are a number of possible cases waiting for test results

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

www.accuwe... ather.com/en/health-wellness/coronavirus-expert-says-the-virus-will-burn-itself-out-in-about-6-months/679415

Corrected link: Coronavirus expert says he knows when the virus 'will burn itself out,' according to leaked analysis

The expert is John Nicholls, a pathology professor at the University of Hong Kong:

Nicholls has spent the past 25 years studying coronavirus

Also from your link:

"Three things the virus does not like: 1. Sunlight, 2. Temperature, and 3. Humidity," Nicholls said in response to a question about when he thinks confirmed cases will peak.

"The virus can remain intact at 4 degrees (39 degrees Fahrenheit) or 10 degrees (50 F) for a longer period of time," Nicholls said, referring to Celsius measurements, according to the transcript. "But at 30 degrees (86 degrees F) then you get inactivation. And high humidity -- the virus doesn't like it either," he added, the transcript of the call showed.

This is good to hear indeed. Thanks for posting!

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

"So, a correct comparison is not SARS or MERS but a severe cold. Basically, this is a severe form of the cold."

The key word there is severe.

And no one really knows for sure what we are looking at in this virus.

ETA - And you don't get a fever with a cold. Your temperature actually drops with a cold.

edit on 8-3-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Isn’t Seattle one of the most humid cities in the US?
a reply to: Boadicea

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperDave90

It's definitely one of the wettest!

But not the warmest. I don't know if that makes a difference to the virus. I know for people that a humid heat is much more uncomfortable than a dry heat.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: QBSneak000
Their numbers are off, well at least for Canada.

Areas in Canada with confirmed cases Province or territory Confirmed cases
Ontario 28
British Columbia 27
Quebec 2

While I'm sure these numbers will climb over the next few weeks as there are a number of possible cases waiting for test results

They're showing 64 cases, they probably had another two cases added to your number of 62 is all.

For instance; 25 cases added in the US in the last hr.
edit on 8-3-2020 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zrtst
All religious events, baptisms and weddings. Religious services IF maintaining 1 meter distance.

source

The number of people to have died from the coronavirus in Italy has shot up by 133 in a day to 366, officials say.
The total number of infections leapt 25% to 7,375 from 5,883, according to the Civil Protection agency.
The jump in figures comes as millions adapt to radical measures introduced on Sunday in an attempt to contain the outbreak.
Up to 16 million people in Lombardy and 14 provinces need special permission to travel under new quarantine rules.
Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte also announced the closure of schools, gyms, museums, nightclubs and other venues across the whole country.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Unless our respective governments and medical establishments are releasing the numbers in realtime i have to doubt the veracity of this CV Stats & Graph.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: putnam6

"So, a correct comparison is not SARS or MERS but a severe cold. Basically, this is a severe form of the cold."

The key word there is severe.

And no one really knows for sure what we are looking at in this virus.

ETA - And you don't get a fever with a cold. Your temperature actually drops with a cold.

He was talking about the mortality rate dingus...not the symptoms

"Compared to SARS and MERS, we are talking about a coronavirus that has a mortality rate of eight to 10 times LESS deadly to SARS to MERS," Nicholls said. "So, a correct comparison is not SARS or MERS but a severe cold. Basically, this is a severe form of the cold."
e

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zrtst

Absolutely. And by the looks of it, most assuredly. Get ready for a long quarantine.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Unless our respective governments and medical establishments are releasing the numbers in realtime i have to doubt the veracity of this CV Stats & Graph.

Stats reported on a global level are always going to have discrepancies no matter. When I checked the numbers to some other sources online they were very close if not dead on accurate. But once again, logistically they're never going to be 100% accurate in real time, it would be impossible on a global level. They are the most accurate numbers closest to real time that I have seen. Do you have a source that's more accurate? If so please post.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

The problem is with that kind of discrepancy, this type of graph can do more harm than good.

There are no accurate sources nor figures, nor are there lightly to be anytime soon.

Fearmongering is fearmongering all the same.
edit on 8-3-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

The problem is with that kind of discrepancy, this type of graph can do more harm than good.

There are no accurate sources nor figures, nor are there lightly to be anytime soon.

Fearmongering is fearmongering all the same.

They're stats to give people an idea of what's going on globally in about as close to real time as you're going to get. Read into it what you want but it's not fear mongering. There's plenty of other threads for that if that's what ones looking for.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Yes, the wrong idea.

Or worse, to promote an agenda.

The point is to try and not read to much into things, especially when the information is spurious at best.

Read into that what you will.
x

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I wonder if we can determine from those charts just how far back the virus goes. I'm going to guess and say that it has probably been here longer than reported.

edit on 8-3-2020 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join