It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Panic Meme might be worse than the Virus!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
yes, the Panic Meme, the "fad", the scare results, might be worse for us all than the Coronavirus itself!

here in the very large senior facility, where I live, they have a lot of activities and outside people coming in to lecture and to sing and perform.

not any more!!

all now have been canceled. they know that if this virus ever gets to the nursing home section, many will die, just like in washington state. at the rate they are banning things here, soon maybe they will ban all meetings and gatherings. stay home and watch tv or read.
I ponder the greater effects. tallahassee, so far, has had no cases. there are only two, so far, in florida. But i can see which direction the wind is blowing! if there will be at least one case, and there will be, here in tallahassee, they will cancel schools, the three universities, all meetings, no church, no weddings, no trips, many cafes and stores will close. life comes to a stop!

this is "Panic mode", a virus in itself!

and just how long will this last, people, this shutdown mentality? I think that as long as there are cases, even only one per week, they will keep the emergency edicts in place. thus new cases *will* still appear, even in summer. then in the fall when weather chills, many more cases will emerge.

California just had its very first death. the governor has declared a state of emergency.

thus, folks, this closing could even last until the vaccine is developed. do not hold your breath, already they have found two species of this virus!

the closing could last until march of next year!!

no halloween, thanksgiving, christmas, new years!

the election in November?
????? could be delayed. maybe congress will just pass a rule that there will be NO election at all and Trump will be president for another four years!

am i being "over-imaginative"?! i sure hope so! but this future could exist.
maybe one potato for breakfast, lunch, and supper eventually might be the foods we eat as supply companies will not deliver. or how about military MRE meals?! a good time to go on a diet. but alas your immune system will suffer from a diet, probably for some people!

or will cooler heads prevail.

a lady Sensitive that I know, greater than a mere psychic, she had a dream where she was shown that very soon we all will have to face what it is to perhaps die! well, maybe not many will actually die from this virus, but much of our personal and collective social life might die!!

freestone

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: freestonew

I'm beginning to suspect this is just an elaborate case study for the WHO...

Peace

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
You live in a senior facility.....which means you have been around awhile. You have seen AIDS, Swine flu, Ebola, and a different for of Influenza EVERY single year.

Why panic.over this?

Maybe you are just losing it???

Have they got.you on meds? Not joke...asking for real.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
You live in a senior facility.....which means you have been around awhile. You have seen AIDS, Swine flu, Ebola, and a different for of Influenza EVERY single year.

Why panic.over this?

Maybe you are just losing it???

Have they got.you on meds? Not joke...asking for real.

Pretty sure op wasn't talking about himself panicking....

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

How did you get "panic" from the OP's post? He was basically laughing at the panic based on the wisdom of many decades.

Maybe there really IS a "cull the old" meme getting pushed in media.

Huh.

edit on 3/5/2020 by Baddogma because: clarified language

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Because since the corona virus is novel, our immune systems does not know how to deal with it initially, and in older folk, the possibility for it to be critical is high. It’s also highly contagious. I would think it’s worse that a flu bug getting into a nursing home now. Not to mention no vaccine we can give our old timers to help protect them from getting sick.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   
"pretty sure" aint 100% sure is it?

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Nightmare in progress?

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Ergo why i included all the other pandemics from.the last 50 decades. Most of which have had a far lower lethality than the common cold.

Just sayin man....peeps is going nuts over this thing and its irresponsible IMO.
a reply to: Bicent

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

So they should not do anything about it? That would be negligent, and probably would become a negligent lawsuit against a nursing home If corona got in there. Perhaps we can blame the lawyers for the panics and over reactions if you want to call it that.
edit on 5-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
You are being over-the-top about my reply. Much like the MSM.
Taking precautions, using good hygeine methods, and dosing upon vitamin C is what normal peeps do, and it works.

These internet fools causing a panic piss me off.

a reply to: Bicent

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Because with the age of tehnology and people gatting to know things more and more , its easyer to panic from one desease.

When AIDS started ppls were not informed that well. When Ebola started no one bat a eye because it was in afrika and even if it was reported it wasnt widespread.

But this flu, the problem is that it started in china, it blew out of proportions due to mass media and it is what it is.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
"pretty sure" aint 100% sure is it?

99% anyhow what's got your goat, are you worries about running out of toilet paper .

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Seems he's more bothered by the reaction to the virus than the actual virus. Seniors get pissed when you indefinitely postpone their cribbage tournaments and zumba classes.

edit on 3 5 2020 by underpass61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I got two hands......and soap. 🤣😂😅

Nah, it the peeps creating a panic that piss me off. In the old days that wasnt such a problem. Now we have Just in Time supply chains which means stores....dont store.

And peeps have lost the skill of growing their own food. Its all gonna bite us in the butt and this is a great example of what George Carlin caled the Wussification of America.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I hope I am wrong.

I think that this is going to be like the story of the boy who cried wolf.

Que sera, sera.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
They got Zumba? I was thinking the shuffle board and Bingo tourneys got axed. 😅😂🤣

a reply to: underpass61

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Well we're in agreement there. I often see people put veggie gardens in using treated timbers, it's like they are unaware the toxens leach into the soil.

No doubt there's going to be a culling, I suspect all those numpties stocking up on toilet paper will be the first to go.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

I'm beginning to suspect this is just an elaborate case study for the WHO...

Peace

I am beginning to think this is far more serious than reported to stop full blown panicking by the masses
Empty shelves, street looting, financial crisis
It seems to be going that way
China is on lockdown, well 13 cities are
That’s indicative of something serious

Only an opinion

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

In my best sarcastic Steve Martin voice...

"Gee, do ya think???"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join