It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No one to take care of you - but you. Think about it.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Ok, the whole 'buy more food' is great.

Thing is - you can go a lot longer without food than water and of course that's taking things to the extremes but...

Anyway - to get to the point of your question:

People who are collecting water - first - do NOT trust city water full of all the chemicals, fluoride, and all that other *bleep* that will kill you.

They're also the people who want to hunker down and not have to go out once they're...well...hunkered.

Also - if you've looked into any gravity feed water purification systems? Like Alexapure (for example)? THEY'RE ALREADY SOLD OUT OF PRODUCT UP TO 4 WEEKS AND NO PROMISE IN SIGHT TO GET MORE (as probable a lot of them are made in China). I'm still waiting for mine. They will not even give me a tracking number.

Also - with all the above there's the people who have a place to 'get away' from the public - 'off into the boonies' so to speak and they either have not found a potable water source yet - or - they want back up, whatever.

I fall in the later category. I have water - but I'd like some I don't have to boil before using.

Edit to add: In all this rambling? There may be a lot of people who refuse to admit they're prepping - but if you start looking around at products that're impossible to get without quite a wait? You'll begin to see people are prepping more than they admit.
edit on 2731Wednesday202013 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I don't expect anyone to take care of me, and if I fail to accumulate the wealth I need to live comfortably in old age I will most likely live the rest of my life traveling until my time to pass comes.

You'd be quesy if I described all the ways I've cut myself open and stitched myself closed. I've pulled my own teeth, reset my own bones, and bided my time in bed sick as all get out.

If I die I die. Life isn't fair, and nature isn't easy. A lot of ya'll want life to be easy and everything to be comfortable, but those of you who want that are at risk of growing mentally feeble. How are you going to be prepared for the truley terrible situations when you've been coddled, or at least want to be, by the governments and institutions that you subject yourselves to?

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Is it in the realm of possibility that this guys elderly father may have forgotten what he was given to eat? It happens sometimes with senior citizens.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: DBCowboy

I understand your point - but I can't condone it.

If you're not willing to act in just these kind of situations?

If you're going to run and hide or worse treat your patients with a disgusting level of care?

You need a new job.

I've done *bleep* while working in the Emergency Medical Profession that I never would have thought I would do. Does that make me a hero? NO! It proves I'm well trained and willing to do my job.

That's what Emergency medicine, and medicinal care in general is all about.

I agree.

But some people (in the end) just don't have what it takes.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Feds to investigate Kirkland's Life Care Center as death toll rises

Last April, the state fined Life Care $67,000 over infection-control deficiencies following two flu outbreaks that affected 17 patients and staff. An unannounced follow-up inspection in June determined that Life Care had corrected the problems, Verma said.

And that's just the infection control! How about how they're treating patients abominably!

Jennifer Hayles, 41, of Kirkland, said she was appalled that Inslee and health officials haven't canceled next week's Emerald City Comic Con. The four-day cosplay and pop-culture event draws close to 100,000 people each year, and some participants, including D.C. Comics and Penguin Random House, have pulled out over the virus.

For heaven's sake. Idiots. That's right. Bring people into an area that has the largest outbreak in the States. *SMH*

At least all the people who've spoken up to authorities about the lack of care their loved ones are receiving should feel better now that the Feds are going to investigate...then again...maybe not at all.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Bravo for your post!!!!

When doctors had given up on my wife and her cancer, I spent a few solid months on Pubmed... then found a doctor friendly to our cause and he just wrote scripts for what we wanted to try... repurposed drugs that were out of patent and cost pennies a pill.

She has so far outlived her "experation date" by almost 4 years.

Not bad for a stage 4 terminal diagnosis with multiple metastases.

I should have been able to just do that without a "Doctor" having to approve it.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
I keep hearing that those who are “prepping” buy large amounts of water.

Why?

Do they really think that municipal water supplies will be cut off if we are all forced into quarantine?

If that were to happen, it is very unlikely that anyone who did not have access to a self-replenishing body of fresh water would be able to stockpile enough water to survive the pandemic.

If things ever get so bad that municipal water supplies are shut down, isn’t it logical to assume that electric and natural gas supplies would be impacted as well?

And if all municipal utilities are shut off, well, that means that the vast majority of of the US population will be forced to eat uncooked meals! for at least the duration of the emergency (probably longer to allow for system checks).

You may not think that a cold meal isn’t such a bad thing. But, think about it. Just how much of our available food supply can be consumed without any form of preparation?

And how long will that supply last?

And if/when untrained and inexperienced people start resorting to wood fires to try to cook the remaining foodstuffs, how many fire emergencies will ensue?

Fire emergencies that will likely go unchecked because...No water!

If they shut off the water, just make sure that you’ve saved the last bullet for yourself.

Here, you have idiots buying hundreds of rolls of sh#t tickets..only because the idiot in front of them did the same, I swear 80% of people are mindless drones.

Charmin, Nestle, and Campbells soup stock's must be doing well.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   
It seems to me that at the start of every new year going back at least a decade there has been fear and doom for the first few months until everyone remembers that life continues. This really is nothing new. Life continues, life adapts. Life evolves. You either continue on or give up. You live or die. It's the ciiiiircle of liiiiiiife.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Bravo for your post!!!!

When doctors had given up on my wife and her cancer, I spent a few solid months on Pubmed... then found a doctor friendly to our cause and he just wrote scripts for what we wanted to try... repurposed drugs that were out of patent and cost pennies a pill.

She has so far outlived her "experation date" by almost 4 years.

That is so wonderful to hear... the screen got a little blurry there for a sec (don't know what's up with that...) And bravo for you!!! That's exactly what I'm talking about.

I should have been able to just do that without a "Doctor" having to approve it.

You're right. Especially because I'll bet most of those meds were probably quite safe. At the very least, they posed no greater risk or threat than the damn cancer ravaging her body.

You're one pretty awesome husband. I'm so thankful your wife has you. I'm so thankful you had the doctor you did. I'm so thankful you didn't give up on her. I'm so thankful for PubMed.

This is my feel-good story for the day. My cockles will be warmed every time I think of it.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

I live in an area that gets tons of rain all year.

No worries here about water.

I keep 6 months worth of dry foods in my home at all times.

I'm a long time preper and times like this make me glad to be one.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

And if all municipal utilities are shut off, well, that means that the vast majority of of the US population will be forced to eat uncooked meals! for at least the duration of the emergency (probably longer to allow for system checks).

You may not think that a cold meal isn’t such a bad thing. But, think about it. Just how much of our available food supply can be consumed without any form of preparation?

People can always build a fire to cook on.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

If they shut off the water, just make sure that you’ve saved the last bullet for yourself.

If it gets to that point I will take my bob and head into the deep woods.
I've been planing and learning to survive in those woods for many years.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

That's a very big difference. A crucial difference. Especially when life-sustaining substances -- such as high dose Vitamin C or medical marijuana

If this gets so bad that the water gets shut off then who is going to be around to stop you from taking whatever you want to take?

I for one will be growing my own plants the minute things go sideways.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

If this gets so bad that the water gets shut off then who is going to be around to stop you from taking whatever you want to take?

Point well taken. However, if there is no supply to take because it was criminalized prior to the water getting shut off, it's the same end result.

I for one will be growing my own plants the minute things go sideways.

Perhaps you should do it anyway! No need to wait.

I'm kinda hoping that lots of folks will walk away from this with a new perspective, and reconsider how we do things, maybe re-prioritize a few things... including the importance of many and varied local food sources. And the ability to properly store and prepare fresh raw whole food themselves. Whether for convenience or ignorance, too many people depend too much on pre-prepared food.

I'd like to see lots more community gardens established and promoted, as well as more home veggie gardens. When I was a kid, most people had a veggie patch in their backyards. Our driveway was lined with cherry tomatoes! I don't grow as much now as when I still had kids growing up, but I still do tomatoes and squash and melons, as well as a few herbs.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
My pharmacy is already out of most supplies like hand wipes, alcohol, masks, Vit C.

Liposomal Vit C online? One per customer in some places and in others sold out. (It's being touted as the only thing to help besides Elderberry syrup, eating well, sleeping, staying warm - all the other supportive therapy).

Beyond that? From what I understand (and I hope I'm wrong) most our Vit.C, Aspirin, etc is made in China? (Ouch!)!

Lots of shut-downs around here.

It's getting a little weirder than I would have thought - already.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join