It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of the best ways to protect yourself from viral infection!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Yes, washing your hands thoroughly with warm water and soap, for the appropriate amount of time. A good tip is to sing "Happy Birthday" or recite the "Lord's Prayer" or recite the "Pledge of Allegiance" to yourself in your head while washing.

Simple, Effective, and Cheap.

Remember, only YOU can truly protect yourself. Why depend upon others when they are not around you 24/7, let alone in the bathroom!

Additional Tip: Either use a fresh dry paper towel to open that public restroom door to leave (then dispose of it) or grab the handle in an area that is not commonly used.

edit on 2/27/2020 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Additional Tip: Either use a fresh dry paper towel to open that public restroom door to leave (then dispose of it) or grab the handle in an area that is not commonly used.

This. Even without worrying about a cold or flu I do this, and have trained my son to do the same thing.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

The biggest reason to use a paper towel on the bathroom door know is e. Coli from someone not washing properly.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I’ve always used the stem of the knob or use my elbow to push open bathroom doors. Never thought of using the paper towel. Good tip!

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 01:21 AM
link   
/a reply to: Krakatoa
Since the cost of n95 masks have gone through the roof can a person make a old time medical mask out of cotton material like rhe old surgical mask and treat them with a anti bactericidal spray like lysol?

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 01:37 AM
link   
lets see here....WASH UR HANDS for real its not that hard folks and for the love of everything stop touching ur face......
eat healthy, get appropriate sleep and avoid if possible contact with those that are. Cp-64 is a good cleaning agent. I work with the public day and night I handle your groceries and "cheeses" the amount of sick people is UNREAL IF YOU ARE SICK SEND SOMEBODY ELSE OUTSIDE OF YOUR HOME.
edit on 28-2-2020 by MissCoyote because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: JON666
are you ORDERING masks cuz I LITERALLY just bought masks yesterday cuz I need to paint my walls in my house......same ole' price as always. like seriously 5.97 a 3 pack at lowes in oregon

edit on 28-2-2020 by MissCoyote because: checked receipt to quote price in city and state

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissCoyote
are you ORDERING masks cuz I LITERALLY just bought masks yesterday cuz I need to paint my walls in my house......same ole' price as always. like seriously 5.97 a 3 pack at lowes in oregon

I was looking at the three ply masks like you see in the videos the ones that hook around the ears not the semi hard molded ones. The are going for about a buck and ahalf on line but the shipping is asternomical like 100 to 150 per order.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

How does that protect you from all the other people that don't wash their hands.

Do you eat fast food, I stopped in at a local service station food place recently, used the dunny and one of the fast food workers left the cubicle and walked out without washing his hands

My gf got so angry when I told her she confronted the manager who told her employees were required to wash hands in store, not in the bathroom.

edit on 28-2-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 02:13 AM
link   
only thing i found similar on the LOWES site to what you are i think talking about is thDDME VFOLD+N95 Mask S WITH VALVE in my state its 8.99 but UNavailable

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 02:14 AM
link   

I have a stockpile of gas masks but its because im crazy....lol guess crazy is gonna pay off

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: JON666
Since the cost of n95 masks have gone through the roof can a person make a old time medical mask out of cotton material like rhe old surgical mask and treat them with a anti bactericidal spray like lysol?

DIY mask, just add foil between the cotton layers... protects ya from the 5G : P

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow

originally posted by: JON666

DIY mask, just add foil between the cotton layers... protects ya from the 5G : P

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Im that horrible grocery cashier that spends her OWN money on hygiene at her register,
mine comes with hand sanitizer and lysol and my cleaning bottles contain cp-64 I literal clean EVERYTHING down at my register so much and i clean the pin PAD DOWN EVERY CUSTOMER just because I seen 100s of people a day sometimes from all over the state. i dont know who they are in contact with who their friends talk to so im your friendly germaphobic cashier at a winco store that wears a mask and cleans down her pinpad and check platform every customer....while wearing gloves cuz......yeah germs.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MissCoyote

Well as a fellow germaphobe I could maybe eat food you sold me, that you prepared yourself, cooked and served yourself....

At the register it's not so bad, the plastic is great at repelling infections.
edit on 28-2-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Someone in authority should recommend to all those who attend church services and large public gatherings to stop automatically shaking hands. Just give a peace sign or nod your head. Shaking hands spreads all kinds of germs. Plus don't go to church if you have even a cold. If you sneeze, you are sick. Don't spread your germs. Stay home.

No one washes their hands after pumping gas or grabbing door knobs. I may have to carry some alcoholic wipes or whatever people use to wash hands. Thinking about staying away from church services just because of all the other sick people there. These people go to church when they have colds and then they want to shake hands. One local service in the Charlotte area which gave me a cold has the congregation shake hands to greet everyone right away before you can even tell if they are sick or not. That's bad. I stopped going there. I hate getting sick especially because of crap like that. How many people have already died because of that crap? Could be thousands. The flu kills thousands every year here in the US.

President Trump or Pence could ask people in church and work etc to reduce the chance of spreading germs to stop shaking hands and give a peace sign instead. Stay home if you are sick. Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 15 seconds. Make sure bathrooms have soap dispensers instead of a bar of soap at work bathrooms. I've seen several bathrooms don't even have soap dispensers.
edit on 28/2/20 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Too bad have to sign with finger when DHL etc brings something and in post office also when just go pick up.....seriously it's stubid to be forced touching those dirty screens that all people touch everyday....better have hand hand sanitizers in use.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I also dont live far from 76 possible cases of coronavirus so yeah. btw
wsj just posted www.wsj.com...
katu.com...
thats the 76 i was speaking of

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Yeah no one washes their hands at the petrol browser....one of many contagion points.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

ok so I use to be a GAS pumper in oregon in 2009 (we pump gas for you then now in major cities its self serve I hate that because its a job that didnt cost extra) they dont have wet nap stations "lysol or bleach wipes" but us as gas attendants had a sink for washing our hands in our kiosks well at least where i was they did.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join