It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korean official in charge of ‘coronavirus outbreak’ commits suicide

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

We can play that game all day, though. Do members of the AGW religion chastise environmental alarmist and fools who make ridiculous claims like Earthquakes are the result of climate change? Does the Left ever distance themselves from proven false narratives? Does the Right? On the flip side, when Christian's do openly disagree with a Christian leader's public statements of stupidity, such as coming down on Obama's pastor for saying "God damned America" or on the Pope for sitting on a huge pile of wealth in the Vatican while criticizing the American middle class as "greedy," it seems to draw the anti religious asshats out of the woodwork to rail against Christians who called these leaders out.

Funny how that works out, innit?

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros

originally posted by: dogstar23

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
And now here in the US, the man put in charge of handling the crisis here could be thinking of the virus as some kind of Divine Providence, sent by God to cleanse the multitudes of unwanted heathen.

Is that too much, did I go to far?

Yeah, I'm confused by that. Shouldn't someone with pandemic response training and experience with epidemic containment be in charge?

The CDC and HHS is still in charge. The VP is just a figurehead who will relay real-time information back to the White House. Pence is not in a lab running tests.

Hilarious that this even has to be explained to some people. SMFH

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

It's not about Pence's religion though. It's looking at his past actions. Indiana experienced its largest outbreak of HIV because Pence refused to listen to experts. He doesn't believe that smoking kills people. He's a supporter of conversion therapy. Let's just say that he has a long history of being anti-science when it comes to medical issues.

And yet a large number of Anti-vaxxers are non-religious. Look at OR with their huge Anti-vaxxer population that is basically non-religious.

So when Pence was Governor there was a 126 cases of HIV/Hepatitis C in small geographical area around January 2015 and he didn't call it a emer until March and that is what people are complaining about, so what? Also he has been criticized that he didn't allow the needle replacement program to start quicker that was put in place in Apr of 2015, which at the time it was illegal to do, but he did do it.

So he is criticized because it was first brought to light that something was happening in this area mid Jan and he made it an emer effort in March with needle exchange to start in Apr...I don't see this as an out of a norm timeline do you? We can Monday morning quarterback this all day, and of course the left will criticize no matter what, but as far as Government goes it seems to have been well within what typically happens in these cases.

edit on 27-2-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Funny haha or funny weird. I agree, funny weird. But not even that weird. It seems we, all of us, overdo the old adage of the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Right now, the Dem candidates are locked in that battle. Fighting over who has the right vision. That debate a couple of nights ago, what a hoot. Squabbling and screaming over one another, yet once the convention is over and the nominee is locked in, it will be lock step. That same thing happened in 2016 with nearly all Republican leader calling Trump out for being, you know the list, yet once he took the nomination, boom, lockstep.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Remind me again what part of Christianity says that smoking doesn't kill people or that you should ignore health experts when it comes to an HIV outbreak.

Pence's anti-science positions are not part of Christian ideology. So how does criticizing those positions also criticize Christianity?

Remind me again what part of science says that personal decisions don't result in personal consequences? Pence did not decide those people should practice unprotected gay sex or jam opiate needles into each other's arms family style. He opted to defund Planned Parenthood and end the states free needle program, both decisions were solid and the results were natural selection doing what natural selection does, removing the individuals too gaddamned dumb to realize their behaviors have consequences from the gene pool, thus reducing their potential to infect others. Nature find a way. Why should I, a man who is in a straight, monogamous marriage, has made the choice to never use drugs, and is raising my children in the same manner pay to shield others from their personal choices to risk their own lives through dangerous behavior and illegal substance usage?

It doesn't take the Word of God to recognize that some consequences of personal choices neither need nor should be the public's problem when the problem is fully self correcting simply by leaving it alone.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Funny both, depending on which side one is on versus which side the presently observed asshats are on, which, technically, is just another manifestation of the same problem.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
So true. We are lucky to have this much forewarning honestly. It will save a lot of lives. China had to face this head on with barely any information or plans at all.

My water and ramen noodle wall is growing by the day. Toilet paper, medicine, and soups also. I'm starting to feel about as prepared as I'm going to get.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SnagTail
So true. We are lucky to have this much forewarning honestly. It will save a lot of lives. China had to face this head on with barely any information or plans at all.

My water and ramen noodle wall is growing by the day. Toilet paper, medicine, and soups also. I'm starting to feel about as prepared as I'm going to get.

I hope you're right. But my prep is in overdrive adding another 5gal bucket of beans and rice each and a case of 9mm poppers.
With any luck the COVID-19 virus could spark a zombi outbreak. Let the games begin...

That Korean official knew something and was just to chickensh!t to watch it all play out. Still... glad I don't have kids!! It must be heartbreaking to be forced to watch someone you love morph in to the "living dead" ...no matter how many time you go thru it, it never gets any easier, probably.
edit on 27-2-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

is just another manifestation of the same problem.

Bingo. The same problem. I am looking at it from a standpoint that the pressures we face today, the problem, though it is rooted in our human ancestry and ancient belief systems is expressing itself in myriad manners, all of which it often seems manifest as this two sided conundrum. As easily suggested by the almost mirror reflections of how conservatives see liberals and liberals see conservatives. It's a struggle to not slip into that.

edit on 29America/ChicagoThu, 27 Feb 2020 14:32:55 -0600Thu, 27 Feb 2020 14:32:55 -060020022020-02-27T14:32:55-06:00200000032 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Oh sheet what happened lol

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

"Get your feet off the davenport and stop quarrelling with your sister!"

That's what my first quilt-maker used to shout. My current quilt-puller definitely has ideas of her own, especially about the tucking. God, I hate tucked sheets.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

And now here in the US, the man put in charge of handling the crisis here could be thinking of the virus as some kind of Divine Providence, sent by God to cleanse the multitudes of unwanted heathen.

www.worldometers.info...

Everybody's been going too far with this nonsense....2800 people have died around the world...2800/~7000000000 people. There's been a total of 82,785, cases. 33,351, of those people have recovered, there's 44617 active cases, 38,145 of the currently active cases are mild.

The level of panic over this is ridiculously over the top.
edit on 27/2/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27/2/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Attention Please:

The topic is "South Korean official in charge of ‘coronavirus outbreak’ commits suicide". It is not a political discussion nor a theological one

In addition to being rude, it is also against the rules to drag threads completely off topic. If you have nothing to say about the topic move on.

Do not reply to this message.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

www.worldometers.info...

Everybody's been going too far with this nonsense....2800 people have died around the world...2800/~7000000000 people. There's been a total of 82,785, cases. 33,351, of those people have recovered, there's 44617 active cases, 38,145 of the currently active cases are mild.

The level of panic over this is ridiculously over the top.

Perhaps, however this guy likely knew something sinister before he topped himself, and we can't rely on the numbers, it's a fact that they have not been testing a lot of people so who knows what the numbers really are.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   
It's possible he might have wanted to reveal information the government wanted kept private, and it really wasn't suicide.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Yeah, I'm confused by that. Shouldn't someone with pandemic response training and experience with epidemic containment be in charge?

"Only the best people"

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

"Only the best people"

Yep I feel so much safer with anti science guy in charge.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join