It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible CoronaVirus Outbreak Milton Keynes U.K

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Why i believe it is possible

The story time & dates and facts says its highly likely IMHO

So on the 9th of Feb 2020 The UK brought over 83 British and 27 foreign nationals from EPICENTER Wuhan, to a containment facility in Milton Keynes, Kent Park, from RAF Brize Norton

At this time, armed with the facts we already knew, i adamantly protested, and seeked to warn locals of how stupid this decision was, also because it was just 15 miles from me, i believed it was a incredibly stupid thing to do based on the fact we knew corona-virus was airborne and aerosolize and other factors that were unclear, like the inaccuracy's of testing, some people didn't test positive for the virus until 4th or 6th time, and close quarters accommodation was a breeding ground, IE the cruise ships

The facility is just a building with rooms like flats... it is not a BSL 4 bio lab, which it would need to be to hold of outside contamination until these people were potentially all clear

There is large housing estates just 50 meters from this facility, schools all sorts, why not use a more isolated location?

IMO, you prepare for the worst and hope for the best... this shambles is not even close to preparing for the worst based on the uncertainty's we knew of, the planning should have been based on these worst case possibles, WHICH ARE NOW FACTS, the testing also wasn't sufficient and these people were all tested 3 times so far to date, the coronavirus is aerosolize, so IMO they dropped the ball, we have seen similar sweeping under the rug of facts that should have been used for worst case scenario planning, and intentional international down playing of this event.

They should have been putting those plans into action and hoping they're WRONG, instead of thinking they were right and nothing could go wrong, what we see instead was planning based on information that was verified, and completely ignoring what was being reported, though at the time unverified, this is common sense surely?

What Is the bloody harm in that? isn't it the smartest thing to do given what we see China doing? on a monolithic never seen before scale? while clearly releasing fudged numbers?

These so called professionals are just inexcusably DUMB and incompetent, thanks to the PC culture and censorship people are scared to act in the correct way to serious threats, i can just see it now, that one person in the room at the meeting saying BUT WHAT IF, LETS PLAN FOR THAT, getting laughed out the room because the others in the room were probably too busy being a peacock on social media to do their jobs and research what was coming out of Wuhan, were they would have known, OK lets take every precaution

I've been waiting and expecting this, its 15 days since 83 British and 27 foreign nationals landed and traveled to the MK facility, i predicted back then we'll know for sure if it was stupid in 14 days... So i wasn't at all shocked to see this post, its looking more and more like we now have that outbreak, hope im wrong

ONE confirmed case and its time to quarantine the entire MK postcode, i believe that will need to be the next step, if they fail to do that, the entire UK will become one giant Wuhan, again worst case, ive only ever tried to stay ahead of this virus and predict worse case

Now look at this timely post... 8 days away... yeah, i guess they'll need them?, strait into work after signing on huh lol?

I'll try to keep this updated and get some more on the ground chatter locally

Anyway... what do you guys think? coincidence or looking like an outbreak?

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Given how cramped we are here in the UK it’s inevitable and when it happens the spread I would imagine will be very rapid.

If I read between the lines on policy - it’s my belief the UK government policy is rather similar to managing a wild forest fire i.e. let it run and actively burn sections of society yourself.

This makes for sobering reading this morning. You are only valuable to society if you are not a burden

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinkerladsUK

Given how cramped we are here in the UK it’s inevitable and when it happens the spread I would imagine will be very rapid.

If I read between the lines on policy - it’s my belief the UK government policy is rather similar to managing a wild forest fire i.e. let it run and actively burn sections of society yourself.

This makes for sobering reading this morning. You are only valuable to society if you are not a burden

www.independent.co.uk...

Wow that link you posted just highlights how bad this is going to be...

Weighing up the cost to the economy of the complete cancellation of flights from China (just for a while) VS the cost of an full on outbreak is a none brainier

Cant be to hard to look at China and say with absolute confidence, yup that is extremely bad and dangerous, were just going to have to bite the billet here, and take extreme measures for a while, because the cost will be so much higher and worst should it slip the net

In fact, i remember a good few weeks ago WHO saying exactly that, and everybody just sat back and carried on like it was no big deal, all they did was say... hey feeling ill? we trust you to self quarantine and that you wont go out spreading, even knowing full well of the asymptomatic super spreaders LOL its like a bad comedy movie playing out

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Seems to me that best way to be safe is prepare to precautionary home treatment, and have remedys at hand if get infected as of strategy.....and go really gloves off right away once get any flu like symptoms.

I think we allready know quite a bit how and what remedys to use ?

I think goverments have done huge mistake to give false hope that vaccines are going to be the savior on this....and to me it'' s simply more about agenda than saving peoples health .

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

edit on 27-2-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-2-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Hey Japan just shut down all schools nationwide. That should tell you something. Make a run to the bank if you can.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Total madness mate from our govt................................ What's wrong with sending them to one of our deserted colonies like St Helena? Then contained

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Hey Japan just shut down all schools nationwide. That should tell you something. Make a run to the bank if you can.

0-12 years old no fatalities

But it is thought that the children are the spreaders, mild cases, and/or the asymptomatic

Again, just crazy

In any other similar illness its the very young and very old who are the most vulnerable with undeveloped or depleted immune, the creators were really careful and considerate wasn't they lol

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

originally posted by: musicismagic

0-12 years old no fatalities

But it is thought that the children are the spreaders, mild cases, and/or the asymptomatic

Again, just crazy

In any other similar illness its the very young and very old who are the most vulnerable with undeveloped or depleted immune, the creators were really careful and considerate wasn't they lol

Ive been thinking about this and whether there is a vitamin d3 correlation as many claim. I dont know if the claim is true, but what I do know is my 4 year old sees more sun during a single day than i see all week. Also kids do not develop sinuses until thry are 8 years old, so perhapscthat is a factor.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 06:30 AM
link   
It's been 30 years and I've never even had the Flu. Maybe this one will be my demise...

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I currently have the flu (pretty sure it's just normal flu). Common sense says to stay home, so as to not spread it. Unfortunately, my work don't seem to agree and as they don't pay me sick pay, guess where I am at the moment! I take no responsibility for taking down the rest of the office.

Unfortunately, I would say that a lot of people would be in my position. The simple fact is that if you can't afford to take unpaid time off work, then you're going to go in unless you're physically unable to. If Caronavirus does break out in the UK, it's attitudes like this that are going to cause it to spread.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   

They need to go somewhere.

After all, they are people, possibly sick ta boot.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: nik1halo
I currently have the flu (pretty sure it's just normal flu). Common sense says to stay home, so as to not spread it. Unfortunately, my work don't seem to agree and as they don't pay me sick pay, guess where I am at the moment! I take no responsibility for taking down the rest of the office.

Unfortunately, I would say that a lot of people would be in my position. The simple fact is that if you can't afford to take unpaid time off work, then you're going to go in unless you're physically unable to. If Caronavirus does break out in the UK, it's attitudes like this that are going to cause it to spread.

they don't pay sick pay?! isn't that illegal?
are you the sort of worker who has the option to work from home?
In the US I could see this being a bigger issue, as there a lot of companies do not pay sick pay, and there's no obligation to, and also health care in US isn't 'free' like it is over here.

also - how can anyone be "pretty sure it's just normal flu" ?!

nothing personal - but attitudes like this are why humanity doesn't deserve to survive. "I'm alright Jack, my personal needs are more important than possibly saving humanity from a pandemic. it might not be coronovirus, so I'll just keep going into work because I need the money." I'll tell you what, if it is CV and it does spread, and the company you work for goes bust because all their workers are off sick - how'll you feel then?

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

They need to go somewhere.

After all, they are people, possibly sick ta boot.

I don't dispute that, my issue was, still is... its a really unsuitable place told hold potential carriers of the virus given the virus can become aerosolized, after doing a little more digging, it doesn't seem like there are any reports of any of the 100 odd people quarantined there have tested positive for the virus, given that they were all from Wuhan, i wouldn't of taken that risk should a large number of then have developed symptoms, it could have spread locally

I've found information saying these people have been tested 3 times, and some of them discharged, for now its looking good, hopefully it stays that way, worst case is they confirm a case, and then confirm a local case outside, indicating it was a terrible idea

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   

The alternative would be to send them home possibly escalating the spread of the virus outwith any logical control.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

The alternative would be to send them home possibly escalating the spread of the virus outwith any logical control.

I don't think this would be the only one facility in the country available, do you?

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CrastneyJPR

If you get sick are you going to quit your job to save the rest of us?

How will you pay your bills?

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Nope im sure there are others prepared or being prepared.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I live in Redding California, my niece works at the hospital. We had our first coronavirus patient admitted 2 days ago. The media is silent. If it gets into our homeless population, it will explode.

edit on 27-2-2020 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   
While it's sad when anyone dies, just like other outbreak scares this one will be milked and fear mongered by the media for all it's worth. Epstein who? What Hong Kong protests?

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I live about 2 miles from the hotel and conference facility in Milton Keynes currently being used as a quarantine. I'm also a member of the gym/health club on site, which is detached from the main building but usually open to hotel guests.

The gym is temporarily not supplying towels like they usually do.

As far as I'm aware, there is no panic or fear from the majority of people in this city. The shops are as busy as they always are, schools are open, clubs and groups continue to meet.

I'm not sure if this is just a local thing or wider across the UK, but there is a local shortage of hand sanitizer. A lot of shops and supermarkets have sold out. I think the general population in the UK are taking some basic precautions and I don't think it has anything to do with being near to a quarantine facility. Just take a look on Amazon, DIY shops etc and face masks are either sold out or quadrupled in price.

I suspect it's the poorly informed, paranoid or anxious who are worried. For most of us, this will pass unnoticed like winter flu does every year (which still causes many deaths).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join