It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Respirators

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Someone mentioned a respirator that one could still get at hardware stores. Would that be effective protection? If so, which one and which cartridges?

Thanks in advance!

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41
Someone mentioned a respirator that one could still get at hardware stores. Would that be effective protection? If so, which one and which cartridges?

Thanks in advance!

Why bother?

In my opinion, the sooner you get it the better.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Thanks in advance!

Why bother?

Because I am immunosuppressed. It would never be a good time for me to get it.
edit on 24-2-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Thanks in advance!

Why bother?

Because I am immunosuppressed. It would never be a good time for me to get it.

Well I'm sorry to hear that. It might have been helpful to mention that in your OP.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: drussell41

I flagged this hoping you find the help you need.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Certain diseases can make the use of a respirator difficult, if not impossible.

Limitations of Respirator Use. Not all workers can wear respirators. Individuals with impaired lung function, due to asthma or emphysema for example, may be physically unable to wear a respirator. ... An adequate fit is required for a respirator to be effective.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Most people don't use masks and respirators correctly; so for most people it wouldn't matter if they had one.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

• Interim Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations for Patients with Confirmed 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) or Persons Under Investigation for 2019-nCoV in Healthcare Settings www.cdc.gov...
o NIOSH Certified Equipment List www.cdc.gov...
 Includes a comment at the bottom of the page:
• NIOSH welcomes your feedback on the updated version. Any comments can be directed to [email protected].
o Respiratory Training Videos
www.osha.gov...

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
Certain diseases can make the use of a respirator difficult, if not impossible.

Limitations of Respirator Use. Not all workers can wear respirators. Individuals with impaired lung function, due to asthma or emphysema for example, may be physically unable to wear a respirator. ... An adequate fit is required for a respirator to be effective.

It was a kidney transplant, not lungs or heart.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

• Interim Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations for Patients with Confirmed 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) or Persons Under Investigation for 2019-nCoV in Healthcare Settings www.cdc.gov...
• NIOSH welcomes your feedback on the updated version. Any comments can be directed to [email protected].
www.osha.gov...

Thanks, DB. (heart)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
P100 is what you are looking for. 3M makes some good models. Dual stage filters if they have them. If not the single should do. I have some of both.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Hey DBC! How are you feeling? last time we interacted you were feeling under the weather. Hope you are feeling better now.

Back on topic. Hey Op, I found this article useful when looking at masks for myself.

Best gas masks and respirators for survival

I also started a thread about respirators if you would like to browse through it. Members were very helpful.

My respirator thread
edit on 24/2/2020 by MissBeck because: Missed out an Initial! Hope DBC forgives me. :-(

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

www.osha.gov...

Thanks, DB. (heart)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MissBeck

Old and insufferable, but better, thanks!

edit on 24-2-2020 by DBCowboy because: i am Batman

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissBeck
a reply to: DBCowboy

Hey DBC! How are you feeling? last time we interacted you were feeling under the weather. Hope you are feeling better now.

Back on topic. Hey Op, I found this article useful when looking at masks for myself.

Best gas masks and respirators for survival

I also started a thread about respirators if you would like to browse through it. Members were very helpful.

My respirator thread

Thank you so much!

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

You are very welcome.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
You will need eye and ear protection too.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Usually respirators have to be custom fitted with no facial hair. The correct ones, that is.

Best advice for someone in your condition is to avoid public situations if possible and use protective gear when you do have to go out. Gloves and such.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JON666
You will need eye and ear protection too.

Our shooting gear?

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
Usually respirators have to be custom fitted with no facial hair. The correct ones, that is.

Best advice for someone in your condition is to avoid public situations if possible and use protective gear when you do have to go out. Gloves and such.

As a female, I'll get right on shaving off my beard. LOL!

Thanks for the advice; yes, had anticipated that. This gear would be for absolutely unavoidable situations.
edit on 24-2-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join