It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Deploying BORTAC to Sanctuary Cities

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I guess many will say why they took so much time to do this. I not even knew what's BORTAC, but they seem to be bada$$. Liberals will cry a lot more now. They are coming to my city too.

The specially trained officers are being sent to cities including Chicago and New York to boost the enforcement power of local ICE officers, according to two officials who are familiar with the secret operation. Additional agents are expected to be sent to San Francisco, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Houston, Boston, New Orleans, Detroit and Newark, N.J.

BORTACs are the Border Patrol's national level special weapons and tactics (SWAT) teams, otherwise known as National Special Response Teams.

BORTAC's role has steadily increased in scope from being a prison riot control unit to where it is now, with a role comparable to some military special operations forces.

BORTAC is capable of counter smuggling, counter terrorism, high risk warrant servings, VIP protection, counter narcotics, foreign internal defense training operations, maritime operations, airmobile operations and recconnaissance.

www.msn.com...
www.americanspecialops.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Will they have their own color uniform?

....I'll show myself out.

Peace

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

According to the photo in the link, yes.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
They've been around for awhile now.

The unit was first formed in 1984 to deal with disturbances occurring within Immigration and Naturalization Service detention facilities, but this mission is now handled by the U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE), Enforcement & Removal Operations (ERO), Special Response Teams (SRT).

Parent agency: U.S. Border Patrol
General nature: Federal law enforcement
Operations jurisdiction: United States
Headquarters: Biggs Army Airfield, Fort Bliss

Operations:
During the 1980s War on Drugs, BORTAC worked with the Drug Enforcement Administration conducting counter narcotics operations in South America during Operation Snowcap.[5]

In April 2000, the BORTAC conducted Operation “Reunion,” in which it executed a raid on a home in Miami, Florida, and safely returned Cuban refugee Elian Gonzalez to his family in Cuba.[5]

Following the World Trade Center Attack in September 2001, BORTAC personnel were sent to high-risk areas around the country to help secure against future attacks.[5]

In 2002, BORTAC worked jointly with the United States Secret Service securing sports venues at the Salt Lake City Winter Olympic Games.[5]

Recent natural disasters have vaulted BORTAC personnel into tactical relief operations (TRO) by providing hurricane relief aid to Gulf Coast residents and law enforcement support to law enforcement agencies affected by Hurricane Katrina.[5]

In December 2010, BORTAC Agent Brian Terry was killed while pursuing members of a gang that operated along the border of Mexico and Arizona.

BORTAC is authorized a wide range of weapons systems such as:
Heckler & Koch P2000 pistol, in .40 S&W, with the LEM (Law Enforcement Mechanism) double-action trigger system
Heckler & Koch USP Compact pistol in .40 S&W
Heckler & Koch P30L LEM in .40 S&W
HK UMP submachine gun in .40 S&W
Remington 870 12 gauge shotgun with 14" barrel, specially modified by Scattergun Technologies
M4A1 carbine in 5.56×45mm
M14 rifle in .308 Winchester
SIG Sauer P229 DAO in 9×19mm Parabellum
Remington 700 .308 rifle
M40 rifle XBKS .308 rifle
M79 grenade launcher
M203 grenade launcher
37 mm gas guns
Heckler & Koch MP5 (being phased out)
Heckler & Koch HK33A2
Heckler & Koch HK53 A2 or A3
Steyr SSG rifle.

And just for you Operation Mindcrime:

Uniforms

BORTAC Personnel wear a variety of uniforms while conducting operations. These include desert khaki or foliage colored two-piece flight suits, as well as combat uniforms in foliage, desert khaki, and Multicam. Because of the increasing prevalence of smugglers wearing camouflage, BORTAC personnel will often, when operating in conjunction with Border Patrol or CBP Air and Marine Operations, wear similar uniforms to those of the unit with which they are operating. BORTAC Personnel also commonly wear plate carriers and, on occasion, ballistic helmets to protect them in the course of their operations. Most of their uniforms and gear are fire resistant, a result of their operations often taking place in conjunction with CBP Air and Marine Operations.

Maybe a show of force is just what's needed about now. After all, when the bull crap gets too deep, someone has got to clean it up. Fact man.

edit on 14-2-2020 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 02:33 AM
link   

This is good. I hope we hire tens of thousands of BORTAC.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 02:42 AM
link   

The irony here is that life for an illegal immigrant in the US - under Trump - is still better than life back in their home countries.

No matter how hostile it gets they are still going to keep coming because what they are fleeing is worse. You could bring in an annual Purge where anybody could kill an immigrant without any consequences and they'd still think that it was safer than living in El Salvador or Nicaragua.

Until the situation south of the border is improved people will still continue to head north.

Nobody is fleeing south from Canada, because they have a stable and safe country.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   
It sounds close to deploying the military on the streets of US cities, but this time people accept it and even like it.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Guys! Not five years ago, this board was full of OPs about Obama and Martial Law. The OUTRADGE was palpable, and the large majority were totally against it. There was talk of concentration camps and coffins being stockpiled, etc. etc.

I am TOTALLY against using the military as civilian law enforcement.

NOW, Trump IS sending paramilitary personal to the streets. The abuse of this kind of power has enormous consequences. There are other ways of fixing the immigration problems. This isn't a "this is the only way to get this solved" scenario.

Don't let tribalism cloud your thinking on this one. This time we need to make the right decisions.
Don't let this get out of control, unless you realize it CAN be you they come for next. Or maybe your kids. And don't say that can't happen, because it has happened before.

Just a heads up.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
It sounds close to deploying the military on the streets of US cities, but this time people accept it and even like it.

They will only target illegals and terrorists. Feels like they know something will happen soon.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Some people. Only some.

I'm not one of 'em. Having said that, we've no idea what their remit/mission statement is.

But, it's not something I'm terribly comfortable with, frankly.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

Will they have their own color uniform?

....I'll show myself out.

Peace

I’d laugh if it was brown...

Hold the door, I’m right behind you..

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I'm from South Texas and several folks are i know are aligned with some very nasty people.

I have family, uncles who wanted out, gunned down in front of my grandparents.

I know firsthand the people we are dealing with, been there, done that.

An Asymetric unit who deals against some of the most dangerous groups of people IS A GOOD THING.

When locallities refuse to help our Federal agents, we have to deploy the badasses to ensure the safety of our Officers.

We're not talking about a paramility unity patrolling the streets of major metropolitans and demanding Americans show them "papers".

We're talking about cleaning up the cesspools that sanctuary cities are.

Among the agents being deployed to sanctuary cities are members of the elite tactical unit known as BORTAC, which acts essentially as the SWAT team of the Border Patrol. With additional gear such as stun grenades and enhanced Special Forces-type training, including sniper certification, the officers typically conduct high-risk operations targeting individuals who are known to be violent, many of them with extensive criminal records.

We have been thwarted by liberal court systems, thwarted by Liberal and democrat politicians, thwarted by local liberal cities, the GOP paralysed in there response and after several years of this BS, people have the gall and audacity to 😱 when we take a tougher approach and stance?

TOO BAD.

THIS IS NEEDED.
edit on 15-2-2020 by Arnie123 because: Truth

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I agree with you Arnie. These aren't military as described, they are elite SWAT-type officers who will reinforce the normal ICE officers from what I read above. Even in a civilized nation, within the Constitution directives, sometimes clean-up crews are needed when standard state or federal government agencies or officials won't do their jobs. While they're cleaning out ILLEGAL immigrants, they can take the law-breaking officials with them and throw them in prison for extreme dereliction of the duty they swore to uphold and endangering the lives of legal citizens.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
We're not talking about a paramility unity patrolling the streets of major metropolitans and demanding Americans show them "papers".

I hope it doesn't get to that point, but I find it possible, as that's the only sure way I see of knowing if someone is an illegal immigrant or not.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Great post. First hand local source like you are undeniable. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

I hope it doesn't get to that point, but I find it possible, as that's the only sure way I see of knowing if someone is an illegal immigrant or not.

Well, if BORTACs stop me and ask my ID, I'll cooperate with them and also will thank them for their service. I'm in Newark, NJ. and hope to see them soon.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Political theater.

Why would they need a federal SWAT team to pick up illegals being released from custody?

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
Political theater.

Why would they need a federal SWAT team to pick up illegals being released from custody?

Perhaps, the illegals who are actually members of gangs being released by sanctuary cities tend to have no problem with using illegal firearms to kill ice agents...especially since the said sanctuary cities seem to have their backs in doing so?

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

There are 2 scenarios.
1. The illegal is detained until ICE shows up and they are handed over to the ICE agents. They would have no firearms on them in this case.

2. ICE shows up and the illegal is long gone. ICE agents are not in any danger.

If the released illegal then goes back to a life of crime and is to be arrested but considered a threat, regular SWAT could be sent in.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Good 🇺🇸

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join