It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silent Outbreak or is North Korea in trouble?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

I agree. We have more people die of the flu each year than China has people dying of the CoronaVirus. maybe this year will be an exception but with 4 times more people they could have 200,000 deaths and it would be similar to the USA flu death toll.

"CDC estimates that influenza has resulted in between 9 million – 45 million illnesses, between 140,000 – 810,000 hospitalizations and between 12,000 – 61,000 deaths annually since 2010."

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: FredT

And we still have people saying this is fear mongering and everything will be fine.

They'll be the first ones rioting.

Do you know how many Americans shop at walmart? Walmart gets freight every day, all directly from boats departed from China, every box touched by a Chinese citizen.

You're fine.

edit on fWednesdayAmerica/Chicago1601699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

I agree. We have more people die of the flu each year than China has people dying of the CoronaVirus. maybe this year will be an exception but with 4 times more people they could have 200,000 deaths and it would be similar to the USA flu death toll.

"CDC estimates that influenza has resulted in between 9 million – 45 million illnesses, between 140,000 – 810,000 hospitalizations and between 12,000 – 61,000 deaths annually since 2010."

To put it in better perspective it would be like if the state of New York had 45K people get sick and over a thousand die in the span of 3 weeks..... People would be losing their minds. Yes a lot of people have died of the flu in the last 10 years. This is a bit different

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

edit on 2/12/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410

I agree only because the flu kills way more but we don't talk about it because we are numb to it.

About 30 MILLION will be affected with the flu and about 8k will die. In a 12 month period.

1200 have died of the coronavirus in THREE WEEKS. Do the math. Oh and this is the very underinflated Communist numbers. It is almost certainly at least 10 times worse.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
hopefully we are on opposite sides of the country. and yes, its damn #ing good.

why not just be prepared instead of planning on being a scumbag?

Humor is not really your strong point, is it?

You are not worried about it, yet you are on all the coronavirus threads

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

I think north koreas softening of weapons in their parade was a message to south korea and other countries that they are shifting their position on sabre rattling...this was a calculated message...some amazing gestures of cooperation have occurred between north and south korea..

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: Jefferton
a reply to: Trueman
All I can say, is I've lived through so many of these events, with people (like you), running around inciting panic, for whatever reason. Maybe you get a buzz off thinking the sky is falling? I'm not sure.
But these things come and go. Life will go on.

This is when you fail 100%.

I didn't create or modify any information posted. I used information available to everybody from reliable sources and fully verifiable. Information posted by many members.

You don't want to accept facts. You can't debunk any information provided neither. You just don't want to believe it because you're scared.
The worst known pandemic event occurred only a century ago. It infected approximately 1/3 of the planet's population and killed around 50 million people world wide including over 600K Americans with around 1/4 of our population infected.

These are huge numbers especially for 1918 compared to 2020, but life still went on.

More people died from the Spanish Flu than from WW1, yet here we are.

I'll admit, this Coronavirus could potentially be the next Spanish Flu, but it's not an extinction level crisis. Life will go on.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

Oh, so these threads are only for the people pissing themselves in fear?

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

ive been to Moscow twice last year, the red square was always crowded with Chinese lots of them, so yeah 2 is too little

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

yes, but THIS ISN'T FLU!
lots of people get flu each year, and it changes each year, and thousands of people only have mild symptoms because there is some immunity in the general population. CoVID19 is a brand new virus. as far as we know, very few people will have natural immunity compared with 'common flu'. that's the big difference. that's why the first most major step taken is to try to control the spread, quarantine known cases, track people who might have been in contact with known cases, and all the other ways to combat the spread. At some point it will (might) get out of hand an go wild, but hopefully we can keep it in check long enough to enable a better approach to knowing how to reduce the severity. For instance, some drugs are known to work, Ozone therapy is possibly known to work. There are options out there, but doing everything we can to reduce the number of people who actually get this in the first place is the most important thing to do.
the fewer people who get it the more likely we'll be able to cope with the long term situation.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Erring to the side of caution is not pissing your pants in fear. Not quite sure why you think people are pissing their pants in fear simply by becoming more informed about the situation and taking appropriate steps to protect themselves.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Double post.
edit on 14-2-2020 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

Not really seeing anything about preparedness in this thread, just more fear mongering.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join