It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cruise Ship Docked in N.J for Coronavirus Screening. WTF Alert.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Anyone have an issue with taking out NJ?

Well, I'm in northern NJ but can get to NY in about 10 minutes, so I just need a little notice.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Call WHO and ask opinion

WHO: Wuhan Health Organisation

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
Hey, some people on this site think it's all a big prank and an overreaction by China. It makes you wonder where these optimistic beliefs come from.

Sorry, not sure what thread(s) you're on, but I haven't seen anyone say anything whatsoever like that here.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Just in case anyone is curious, here is the route they took before docking back in NJ. Fingers crossed, hoping there are zero confirmed cases on this ship. Those are some high traffic vacation destinations.

crew-center.com...

27-Jan-2020 Bayonne (Cape Liberty), New Jersey 06:00-15:00
28-Jan-2020 At Sea, Int. Waters 00:00-23:59
29-Jan-2020 At Sea, Int. Waters 00:00-23:59
30-Jan-2020 San Juan, Puerto Rico 15:00-23:00
31-Jan-2020 Philipsburg (St. Maarten) 10:00-19:00
1-Feb-2020 St. John's (Antiqua) 08:00-17:00
2-Feb-2020 Castries, St Lucia 08:00-17:00
3-Feb-2020 Basseterre, St Kitts and Nevis 07:00-17:00
4-Feb-2020 At Sea, Int. Waters 00:00-23:59
5-Feb-2020 At Sea, Int. Waters 00:00-23:59
6-Feb-2020 At Sea, Int. Waters 00:00-23:59
7-Feb-2020 Bayonne (Cape Liberty), New Jersey

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
This is not just a Jersey problem. Like I said before for all we know everyone on that cruise ship may not even live in Jersey. They are all headed home to wherever that is.

It's almost like they know the genie is out of the bottle and are only taking half measures to make it look good. Either that or they know something else that we don't. So far none of the decision making processes have added up.

Bad timing because something nasty is making people sick now too. I know a few people who have had a 24-48 hour period of terrible coughing and fever, some had stomach pains and it is taking forever to clear. The latest was just this weekend I thought the woman was vomiting in the alley but she was just bent over in a god awful cough. The ones I know said the Docs told them it wasn't the flu but just a viral infection.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Well these are the pitfalls of having an international community..where travel is simple

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Being cautious about an unknown virus is a “wtf” ‘thing’ now?!!

Looking back at history that has always been the case!!

The beginnings of literature are collections of stories so people on “lockdown” could pass the time during the Black Death (Chaucer and The Decameron being oft cited).

Think about it.

Keep sick people out, keep healthy in. It is like the first step. Next step is to protect yourself with personal protective equipment.

The screening process is mostly questions with some data like temp, blood chemistry, etc. Then you can tell which people need further separating from the others.

The problem is people trying to leave and being infected. Happens with each outbreak. TB, plague, MARS, SARS, AIDS, Ebola, St. Vitus Dance, the yips,..

Human psychology hasn’t changed much!

Our testing ability has.

This is not Coronavirus. Just the common flu.

PS - The “flu season” death toll is over 12K as of Monday. I’d be more scared of that. H3ll, I am!
edit on 7-2-2020 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Erm, random corrections were wrong...

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 01:23 AM
link   
They let them off the ship? WTF
Great way to spread the virus 🦠
I guess we’ll find out in two weeks
Have they got the R Nought figured out yet?

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DetectiveT
I’ve been sick for two weeks. Now I’m coughing and I never cough. No fever though.Runny nose mostly. Stomach pains the past few days. I think we have 4 cases here in Vancouver. I hate the Amazon deliveries that come to the door and get you to sign on that germ infested reader. I wash my hands immediately and I’m getting ready to refuse signing them now. It’s not expensive stuff so what’s with this new signing policy?

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

Learn how to read...

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

A huge problem with some people's thought process to be sure. It's almost like these people would play Russian roulette and instead of putting the gun down after pulling the trigger once and not dying they'll just pull it the other 5 times in a row because "lol I pulled the trigger once and nothing happened tho!" Absolute idiocy. And the thing that blows my mind the most is how they fail to realise the Western world is at least a full month and a half behind China. China's been running the marathon for 3 hours and the USA left the starting line 30 minutes ago and they think they are safe because they haven't caught up yet. It's stunning really.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
*** UPDATE ***

Reading right now, one of the 4 passengers screened for coronavirus in N.J. has actually the flu (tested positive for Influenza A).

www.nj.com...

twitter.com... %2Fwww.nj.com%2Fhealthfit%2F2020%2F02%2Fcruise-passenger-screened-for-coronavirus-in-nj-actually-had-the-flu.html
edit on 8-2-2020 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

They let go people out of the boat before the test results of the 4 passengers taken to the hospital.

Why you can't understand it. You don't want to accept it was a stupid mistake because your political view.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
What kills me is the overwhelming numbers of people who are simply okay with the forced detainment of thousands of people against their will the moment someone so much as sneezes!

This just stuns me!!! It really does!!!

Ebola was 10x deadlier than this Coronavirus and people traveled freely between Africa and other countries the whole time. Millions weren't quarantined like in China. Cruise ships didn't turn into floating prisons...and the whole world wasn't going forking crazy!!!

To me, THIS is the real WTF moment!!!

People are losing their forking minds over this!!!

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
People (like me) are going to try and learn more about how the virus is transmitted, if the number of cases keep growing, and no cure is found.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Has anyone taken the time to read some of the stories coming out from the quarantined ship in Japan??? These people are confined to their cabins 24x7. Can anyone here imagine being confined in a tiny cabin like this for...3 WEEKS??? No windows, no fresh air, even getting a bottle of water takes hours. Food is like one sandwich a day. It's like solitary confinement in a prison only worse. Its psychological torture!

I would go absolutely insane under those circumstances!!! Believe me folks, these people aren't eating at the ships buffet every night and getting free umbrella drinks! They're in PRISON!

And people are okay with this??????

What if it was YOU, or a loved one, enduring this horror would you still be okay with it then???

Unbelievable!!! And for what??? Just because someone is concerned???

ETA- If that were me imprisoned on a ship like that, I WOULD find a way off!!!! NO WAY would I endure that!! No way would I patiently sit there in some floating incubation chamber awaiting my turn to be sickened by some virus!! Makes me crazy even thinking about it!!! Absolutely NO FORKING WAY!!
edit on 2/8/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Right now, there is no one right thing to do without collateral damage. Not anymore. Any decision government takes about this crisis, comes with price. We the people are paying that price.

The crisis it's been politicized and agendized. See how every country is taking its own measures and doing their own research.

To let go people from the boat without a 100% clearance had to be intentional. Nobody can be that stupid.

They are playing with us.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   
What happened in France is why this is so irresponsible. A man went to Singapore Jan 20-23rd, which only has 40 cases reported by the way, and he came back and infected 5 people at a chalet (plus probably others we don't know about). Only tested positive on Thursday. One of the 5 people is a 9 yr old who went to school all week so they've shut the 2 schools down near the chalet. So if someone can infect people after being in a city with very low numbers.... why would they not take cautions on that cruise???

Frankly I think quarantine at this point is useless but they really shouldn't have let everyone off that ship just because no one had symptoms of anything.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Seems like the idea is to spread it instead of block it.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I'm fairly new to NJ, but seeing that the Mayor of my town can't even seem to keep his pants on, nothing surprises me.

New Jersey mayor admits to taking off pants, passing out drunk during party at employee’s house

edit on 2/8/2020 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join