It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing text from doctors.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: DiddyC

I've not had anything sent, but if it's here and going to spread, probably best that the weans are off school till Wednesday.

The weans...

I love that.

I hereby make a motion that the US adopt this terminology too. It just *fits*.

Can I get a 2nd?

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Ummm...nothing nefarious...I’ve just been enjoying your recent posting history and thought I’d throw out a fist bump...

Waits quietly...serenely...hands where they can be seen...for the off topic post erasure...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...nothing nefarious...I’ve just been enjoying your recent posting history and thought I’d throw out a fist bump...

Waits quietly...serenely...hands where they can be seen...for the off topic post erasure...

YouSir

No I really appreciate that, actually.

On topic:

So this is 100% not possibly true then, right?

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Central South England - no text but interestingly just heard a coronavirus health advice report on the radio (listening to absolute radio)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnb
Central South England - no text but interestingly just heard a coronavirus health advice report on the radio (listening to absolute radio)

That's not really a surprise, it's becoming quite an obsession. All media outlets are going non-stop.

It's good to be safe and careful, but this one, is going beyond that. In my opinion.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

I've not had anything sent, but if it's here and going to spread, probably best that the weans are off school till Wednesday.

The weans...

I love that.

Can I get a 2nd?

No no no. The Americans can't even pronounce the word twat. You think they can pronounce weans? 🤣

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: YouSir

YouSir

No I really appreciate that, actually.

On topic:

So this is 100% not possibly true then, right?

Ummm...if this is reality...then perhaps they should have scripted it to be more in keeping with the mantra’s of the day...

Whomever wrote that...needs sensibility training...if it is indeed true...

The absolutely last thing such an scenario needs is racial roundups...and pointing the finger of virus in racial directions...

I just read that China thinks they’ve isolated the genesis of the virus to Pangolins...which plays in the heart of Chinese folk remedy and it’s penchant to use animal parts as curative...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DiddyC
Has anyone else in the UK had a text from their doctors this morning, saying if you've been in contact with anyone Chinese, not to come to your doctors... Just ring 111... What!! A number that's known for incompetence.😷😲

I didn't get a text but when logging into my online service for GP to order my meds there is a message from our surgery telling us that we should not come in and call 111 if we have been to China and feeling unwell. It also states to do the same if we have had contact with anyone recently from china. I'm in South UK.
Also if you call 111 for any assistance they ask in the screening process if you have had travel to China. They seem to be quite prepared in that sense.
edit on 7-2-2020 by Diamondgeezur because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1

"Aluminum" is another one that raises some heeds. LoL

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1

originally posted by: Riffrafter

The weans...

I love that.

Can I get a 2nd?

No no no. The Americans can't even pronounce the word twat. You think they can pronounce weans? 🤣

Ha!

True!

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

"Aluminum" is another one that raises some heeds. LoL

They actually spell it differently though.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
It might be that one of the local Chinese takeaways staff has just returned from China and went to the takeaway before being quarantined. ??? I live in Central England and had no notifications at all.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Still waiting on some proof or verification for this.

It has a hoax bin smell.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Still waiting on some proof or verification for this.

It has a hoax bin smell.

Totally wrong. How do I upload.the screenshot from my online gp service. I really don't understand why you would think this is a hoax, no reason to lie at all.
If your in the UK you can call 111 and listen to them and their screening for China virus.

Edit - heres an upload from my GP:

ibb.co...
edit on 7-2-2020 by Diamondgeezur because: Added link

edit on 7-2-2020 by Diamondgeezur because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Aye, they do that with "Phone" as well.

Spell it differently that is.

Just diversity at play really, languages evolve.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Diamondgeezur

I think the difference here is the OP stated his message said "been in contact with anyone Chinese", and yours says "if you've been to Mainland China".

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Mine is a bit different.

The first photo is a picture of the text message.

The second photo is a screenshot of my online NHS account.

imgur.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

This is a common problem with sms. No one sells 9ff their email under normal circumstances but phone numbers change hands frequently. The message was probably meant for the previous owner of the number who fits a certain criteria, likely demographic, and have been treated there.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Damn I was going to order Chinese tonight for dinner.
I better figure out something else.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I had to go through Newcastle and Leeds this weekend and at both train stations there were loads of chinese with those useless masks. Kept my distance from that lot.

Not got a text message like the op. Not heard of anyone else getting one either. Weird.

I was at a hospital and the only wuflu related thing was a poster telling you to call 111.
edit on 722020 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join