It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus Has Been Isolated By Italian Researchers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Just woke up few minutes ago, my sister in Italy giving me the good news by phone. I know there is a long way ahead but this how you start developing a cure.

I found a source in English :

An almost completely female team from the Virology laboratory of the National Institute of Infectious Diseases of the Spallanzani hospital in Rome who isolated the coronavirus. The team, directed by Maria Rosaria Capobianchi and coordinated by Maria Pisciotta, is made up of 14 women and one man. Capobianchi explained that the result obtained “is the result of teamwork, of the expertise and passion of the virologists of this institute, who has been at the forefront of all health emergencies in our country for years”.

“Isolating the virus will allow us to improve the response to the coronavirus emergency, to learn more about the mechanisms of the epidemic and to prepare the most appropriate measures,” added Giuseppe Ippolito, scientific director of Spallanzani. “Now it will be easier to find a vaccine for coronavirus, the cultivation of the virus is a fundamental fact for any credible preparation of aids and new strategies – Capobianchi said on the sidelines of the press conference on the coronavirus in Rome – Having the virus available means start from a good base ».

“Until a few days ago, the sequence data of the virus that the Chinese had published were available – explained the docteress – who did not bring the virus out of China despite having isolated it. The data and the diagnostics developed was based on theoretical data, they worked well, controls were designed, but now we can have real control, that is, the virus ».

conservativeus.com...

www.freerepublic.com...
edit on 2-2-2020 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Looks like Israel is on it too.

Netanyahu Says Israel to Begin Developing Coronavirus Vaccine

Israel's Institute for Biological Research and the Israeli Health Ministry have been tasked with creating a vaccine, Netanyahu said after meeting with officials about how to address the spread of the virus. The Israeli National Security Council will coordinate efforts to deal with the problem in Israel, the Prime Minister's Office said.

"Our goal is first of all to postpone the virus' arrival in Israel. I say 'postpone' because it is inevitable that it will arrive," Netanyahu said. The aim, he said, is then to identify those infected, to quarantine them at home for two weeks and to treat them.

"We are also briefing the Palestinian Authority about all the preventative steps and public health [issues] that they also need to take into account," he added.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
quoate:
We are also briefing the Palestinian Authority about all the preventative steps and public health [issues] that they also need to take into account," he added.
lolll since when is israel concerned aboute palastins hahaha the hypocrits !

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Well, it is a new strain of virus, one I have not yet had. So it is possible that I may not react badly to the vaccine. But, do I want to risk the chance of a cytokine storm? I could just let everyone else get vaccinated then I wouldn't have to risk the storm too. I guess I will make that determination when I have to. The way I react to the flu vaccines, I do not know if I want to even chance it. I hate those cytokine storms. I also had a really bad reaction to the DTAP last time even though I never got a reaction to the plain old Tetnus shot.

I am a mouse, not a guinney pig, I think I will wait and see.
edit on 2-2-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ressiv
quoate:
We are also briefing the Palestinian Authority about all the preventative steps and public health [issues] that they also need to take into account," he added.

The Hadassah Medical Center is a pretty good start...

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I am amazed to see that Lysol has listed on the label the corona virus as being one that it destroys.

mobile.twitter.com...

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Why does it matter what sex the team members are?

This is akin to saying "9 white scientists and one black scientist " has isolated the coronavirus. I'm pretty sure anyone being cured by their efforts does not give two shlits what color or what sex the people that developed the cure is.

That being said I say, good job people!

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I am interested to find out why they feel the traditional medicine combo they are saying can treat the virus works. What is the method of action it has do? It seems that many people believe in the Chinese Traditional medicine, and I have to say it does impress me some times how well their medicines work and how they work. Of course, the Pharma companies and medical heads elsewhere will not consider this even if it works, they want patentable medicines to push on the people.

medicalxpress.com...

The basis of many of the medicines we use in this country can be crossed over to Chinese medicine chemistry or ayervedic medicines. Pharma companies hack known treatments and investigate them then design knock off drugs they can patent. Trial and error is not really cost effective, they would prefer to investigate things that are known to work to use to steer their research. What they are doing is completely legal, and of course, they do not want to say something works if it is natural, so they say there is not enough accepted evidence to show it works. even if the meds they used are based off the natural chemistry that is being talked about. Beware though, lots of plant chemistries are toxic to humans, don't start experimenting without doing research at legitimate research sites.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

That was indeed weird way to write it. To me that information was unrelevant.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ressiv
quoate:

Cause having a health crisis on your door step is never a good choice.

more on topic good first step.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I’ll find the link but I’m sure Australian researchers were at this point last week

I apologise, since my laptop crashed,this iPad is awful for linking or just about anything.

edit on 2/2/2020 by scubagravy because: (no reason given)

Link
edit on 2/2/2020 by scubagravy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Don't you know? The strong and heroic female gender is on the rise and everyone needs to know! This is the era of female empowerment! Mostly because Trump is so bad and sexist, but still... women!

Jokes aside, I'm happy to hear there is progress being made towards finding a cure/vaccine. Finally some good news surrounding this horrible epidemic.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
When the vaccine comes it might be a good idea to get it tested in a lab for what's in it before injecting it.

World Health Organization/UNICEF added a little Chorionic Gonadatropin (HCG) to tetanus vaccine for instance in Kenya, Mexico, Philippines and Nicaragua so that females produce antibodies against HCG and will not be able to get pregnant.

Bill Gates will get his population decrease one way or another.

edit on 2-2-2020 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I don't know. Just be happy for them, don't mess with Italian women. Capisci ?

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy
I’ll find the link but I’m sure Australian researchers were at this point last week

I apologise, since my laptop crashed,this iPad is awful for linking or just about anything.
Link

Maybe you're right, I remember it too. Just celebrate, it's an Italian thing. Not good for you to disagree.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I’m happy either way my friend, I’m just very proud that Australian scientists seem to do rather well in these circumstances, not bad for a bunch of upside down people 😁

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy
I’m happy either way my friend, I’m just very proud that Australian scientists seem to do rather well in these circumstances, not bad for a bunch of upside down people 😁

The fact that Australian scientists didn't celebrated like Italians, makes me think there is a long way ahead. Too early to declare victory.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
It is amazing that everything has to conveniently lead to another vaccine to mess us up with. It's incredible the amount of new vaccines that have been created just over the last 6 years or so. All of this stuff is engineered for the sole purpose of developing more vaccines to shoot us up with and alter the way we develop growing up or give us diseases as adults.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   

“An almost completely female team from the Virology laboratory of the National Institute of Infectious Diseases of the Spallanzani hospital in Rome who isolated the coronavirus.”

Great news but, from the opening post, isn’t that statement about women scientists a bit patronising, aren’t they scientists, isn’t that their job. Are women that precious and are their achievements that rare?
If it was men would they say, “an all men team”?

I would expect no less from women scientist, it’s their job

Ok, others have commented but I want my say about sexism and the poor attitude shown to these scientists

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I didn't like that neither. I didn't write the article. It's always an agenda behind.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join